Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yep, sure would hate to have a TE1 that put up >100 yards 5 out of the last 6 weeks of the fantasy year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yep, sure would hate to have a TE1 that put up >100 yards 5 out of the last 6 weeks of the fantasy year

Tho his performance in week 15 might have prevented some folks from getting to the champ game

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm not going to post all the stuff I literally just posted two pages ago but TE is going to be dogshit again and if y'all are willing to sacrifice your 3rd rounder to rise above it for a guy who's full PPR ceiling is 250 points, more power to you

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm not going to post all the stuff I literally just posted two pages ago but TE is going to be dogshit again and if y'all are willing to sacrifice your 3rd rounder to rise above it for a guy who's full PPR ceiling is 250 points, more power to you

I said nothing about ADP or where I'd draft him this year. But Kelce owned last year and the fact that he may or may not own this year doesn't change that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is there anything more hilarious than telling me what someone's upcoming fantasy ceiling is?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

Is there anything more hilarious than telling me what someone's upcoming fantasy ceiling is?

Saying they have a high floor in a game notorious for injuries?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What's positive touchdown regression precious

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saying they have a high floor in a game notorious for injuries?

Not really the same. Except for guys that are more likely to be injured than others, I take all projections as "assuming they play a mostly full season free of injury." When any random guy can tear an ACL in the pre-season, there's no point in making any kind of prediction without that caveat.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

What's positive touchdown regression precious

We're talking about a team that didn't throw a TD to a WR for drat near two seasons. Alex Smith cares not for your maths

RVProfootballer posted:

I said nothing about ADP or where I'd draft him this year. But Kelce owned last year and the fact that he may or may not own this year doesn't change that.

Yeah, but all that stuff matters?? I'd love to have Antonio Brown on every team I have, but if I pick 12 it ain't happening

We also discussed that he "owned" comparitively to the field and that his TE1 season would've been like TE5 at best in like 7 of the previous 10 seasons, and as long as Alex Smith is throwing him the ball, that's basically his ceiling, and if other guys like Gronk or Olsen go up around him he won't look as good!

e: also "don't pay for last year's production" is one of the ten rules on the fantasy stone tablets, so I could literally give a poo poo what he did last year

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

If Travis Kelce scores 250+ points in full PPR* I will buy the next 10 people who tell me I'm an idiot an av cert

*at least, let's say, 12 games of Alex Smith, but if they actually get a QB that can throw a seam route for 4 games, that could totally gently caress this prediction but oh well, I'm willing to take that risk v:shobon:v

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 9, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If Travis Kelce scores 250+ points in full PPR I will buy the next 10 people who tell me I'm an idiot an av cert

Idiot.

no risk av cert attempt

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm just saying this feels very similar to when everyone ganged up on me during CharlesChat last year and we all know how that turned out :bigtran:

e: just so y'all know 90/1200/6 is 246 points and if you think anyone catching a ball from Alex Smith can beat that fuckin lol. That's what I have pegged as Kelce's absolute ceiling until he gets a QB that isn't afraid to throw a ball over a linebacker's head

e2: like, there's nothing wrong with that but DON'T DRAFT TEs is still the thing and a lot of poo poo would need to go wrong with my first two picks to even consider drafting Kelce

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 9, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like Alex Smith is gonna chuck it a lot more this year because hey it's his last year and Mahomes is creeping up behind him so gently caress it go deep dog.

Not willing to put my money where my mouth is, however. I'm just saying that Tyreek Hill in the Z is going to open the middle up a lot.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The middle has been open plenty for Alex Smith his entire career because other teams know that he's literally never going to attack a safety

vvvv e: That's a real hot take there predicting the thing that happens every year :v:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 9, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I predict at least three of this year's top ten TEs will be guys will come out of nowhere, e.g., guys that nobody drafted in standard formats.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I predict at least three of this year's top ten TEs will be guys will come out of nowhere, e.g., guys that nobody drafted in standard formats.

That's actually not unusual. I ran the numbers before last year (it was top twelve but the theory holds)

"In 2015, of the top five tight ends in fantasy points per game (Gronk, Reed, Eifert, Walker, Barnidge), only Gronk was drafted among the top eight. Eifert had an ADP of TE9, Walker TE10 and Reed & Barnidge were virtually undrafted. Taking that one step further, only four of the top twelve TEs in fantasy points per game were drafted among the top seven tight ends, and five did not have an ADP on Fantasy Football Calculator. This is not a fluke, either. On average since 2011, only 4.6 of the top twelve tight ends were drafted in the top seven, and 3.8 of the top twelve were not drafted frequently enough to garner an ADP. If you take the last four years, the numbers are equal, with an average of 4.5 top-seven draftees in the TE1 ranks, and 4.5 completely undrafted tight ends among the TE1s."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also I'm onto you Teemu Pokemon nobody not named Gronk or Graham has gotten 250 since Dallas Clark in 2009

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So you mean a TE1????

But seriously, that's me setting his absolute ceiling. If you're going to burn a top-40 pick on a pass catcher, you're probably at least hoping he has a floor of something like 80/1000/6, that's a handful of points off of the best season Kelce will ever put up with his current offense, so like, why?

vvv e: I'm saying 250 because I'm saying that I legitimately believe that Kelce's ceiling in KC is 90/1200/6 which is 246 points. I think Kelce could legitimately be Gronk, but he'll never be with Captain Checkdown and it's a fuckin travesty. If he had even like Winston throwing to him, I would gladly take him mid/late 3rd and wouldn't think twice

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

just say he's the #1 TE or 250 ya weasel

weaselin around distrustin alex smith I swears

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

my god, they are so thirsty for those beersheets over at reddit

edit:

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If Travis Kelce scores 250+ points in full PPR* I will buy the next 10 people who tell me I'm an idiot an av cert

You are an idiot.

for making a bet where i just have to reply

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 9, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's going to be so hard watching the Chiefs for 1 or possibly 2 more years hoping that Hill and Kelce don't blow out an ACL before Mahomes is ready.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

So you mean a TE1????

But seriously, that's me setting his absolute ceiling. If you're going to burn a top-40 pick on a pass catcher, you're probably at least hoping he has a floor of something like 80/1000/6, that's a handful of points off of the best season Kelce will ever put up with his current offense, so like, why?

That's an average of like 12 WRs a year. So a WR and 3 RBs are your first four picks. Just say that then.

Edit: Since 2012, an average of 11.4 wide receivers hit that plateau a year.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

They weren't the top 12 WRs drafted though? And how many guys got hurt like Dez, Jordy, or Allen? In a vacuum, you should be able to expect like 15 guys to have a really good shot at that, and drat near all of them are going to go in the first 4 rounds, so tell me why I shouldn't throw all my darts trying to hit on those guys rather than a TE who literally never will?

fake edit: I'm a zero RB guy all day :madmax:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teemu do you not understand the concept of positional scarcity, or do you just reject it as a drafting strategy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zombie Tsunami posted:

my god, they are so thirsty for those beersheets over at reddit

Yeah I guess I'm doing something right.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Your beersheets helped me to come in last in my league.

Then again they also helped me to win two other leagues but I'm gonna need 100% efficiency moving forward.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Teemu do you not understand the concept of positional scarcity, or do you just reject it as a drafting strategy

No, I do understand it, but I also understand that drafts are a crapshoot and I understand the more targets you try to hit, the more likely you'll miss. So I'd rather just skip out all together and play the wire and try to hit one of those like 7 ADP 100+ TEs that end up top 12 without having to invest any draft capital. It's the same concept as punting saves in H2H baseball where you can still be competitive come season's end if you're a shrewd manager

e: Drafting closers never once won anyone a fantasy championship, and unless you went Graham/Gronk at the turn that one year, I doubt TE isn't very much the same

e2: positional scarcity might mean something if you played in some ridiculous two TE league, but at the end of the day, a 12 team league is going to have the top ~35 of both WR and RB as a weekly starter, and the top ~50 of both are going to be rostered, so, the top flight players are just as scarce, and are even more important to get early because you need more than one

e3: imo identifying ADP trends and values is 100x more important than getting caught up in positional scarcity

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 10, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

Your beersheets helped me to come in last in my league.

Then again they also helped me to win two other leagues but I'm gonna need 100% efficiency moving forward.

Doing that would require me to triple the price, and I don't think people would appreciate that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Get rid of mandatory TEs, use an WR/TE flex spot, draft Gronk and Kelce wherever the hell you want. There I just fixed fantasy football.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:yeah:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Benne posted:

Get rid of mandatory TEs, use an WR/TE flex spot, draft Gronk and Kelce wherever the hell you want. There I just fixed fantasy football.

We've been doing this for 8 years. It owns.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

What do I replace my kicker spot with?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

What do I replace my kicker spot with?

A bench spot

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/873512812836007936

e:

Matt Zerella posted:

We've been doing this for 8 years. It owns.

I think you might be the one I got that idea from and one of the reasons why I didn't want to play in my old keeper league anymore, aside from wanting to expand to 14 or start fresh as a 10-12 team auction dynasty, was because my friends wouldn't adopt this rule change. We already do WR/WR/RB/RB/W-T/W-R-T so I was just proposing making the TE an 3rd WR or a second W/T

TEs are fuckin stupid, making every team have one in any league bigger than 8 is fuckin dumb

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 10, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TEs rule sorry y'all are fuckin babbies who don't like difficult fantasy football things

Beer this is the official petition to make cheating for charity a 2TE league

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

TEs rule sorry y'all are fuckin babbies who don't like difficult fantasy football things

Beer this is the official petition to make cheating for charity a 2TE league

Petition acknowledged, reviewed, and denied.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

see that might be fun tho because then clive walford is in play

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Then instead of my new hobby being finding TE2 sleepers my new hobby will be trolling the hell outta you on /r/fantayfootball about C4C

Edit: KEEP THE DREAM A-CLIVE

Double Edit: Clive and Jared Cook being on the same team is god laughing at me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If you want to start a 2 TE league I'm fully prepared to go through the looking glass with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm in three 2 TE dynasty leagues, it is not that crazy. The one where I have Kelce and Hunter Henry is probably my favorite :D

• Locked thread