Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is Oney Lorcan an NXT Forever guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He seems like he is in the good hand position. He goes out there to have good stiff matches and lose.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There's no evidence that anybody is 'NXT Forever'. People thought Samoa Joe might be a permanent resident, and look how quickly he moved on to where he is now. Everybody on NXT is going to either bottom out and leave or move on to Raw/SD eventually. Some might do it in months and others may take a year or two, but WWE isn't going to hire people specifically to sit in developmental forever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really feel like Hero was signed so no one else could have him. There is no way Vince will be cool with him.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

We're long past the point of NXT as a developmental brand. It has to hold water as a show, not a testing ground.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its peaked as a third brand and people only discuss it to speculate when the roster will graduate to the graveyard that is the main roster so it oughta focus on development

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
NXT is in the UK at the minute but has no show booked for Belfast. Was attendance that bad last time? There did seem to be a fair few empty seats and half the arena was curtained off to begin with, but the crowd was hot.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

pressedbunny posted:

There's no evidence that anybody is 'NXT Forever'. People thought Samoa Joe might be a permanent resident, and look how quickly he moved on to where he is now. Everybody on NXT is going to either bottom out and leave or move on to Raw/SD eventually. Some might do it in months and others may take a year or two, but WWE isn't going to hire people specifically to sit in developmental forever.

'How quickly'? Joe was in NXT for like a year and a half.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
1.5 years is a very short time in comparison to forever.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

It felt like a million years

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grozz Nuy posted:

To be fair, "Developmental" to "Fighting Brock loving Lesnar" in about two years is a pretty quick turnaround. I think even Roman took a little longer than that.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Roman was in FCW for two years, finished up in NXT for four months, then spent two years in The Shield before actually main eventing solo.

So yeah, Joe is way ahead of that trajectory.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

pressedbunny posted:

Roman was in FCW for two years, finished up in NXT for four months, then spent two years in The Shield before actually main eventing solo.

So yeah, Joe is way ahead of that trajectory.

To be fair though joe had been wrestling for over a decade before coming to NXT.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You should probably compare Joe to Punk, Danielson, or Styles since he was in their era and not a guy who started in FCW.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I actually think Braun's had the biggest fast track of all the in-house developmental talent, even more so than Roman. He had literally zero TV matches in NXT, debuted straight to the main roster as part of the Wyatts, and 2 years later is penciled in to headline SummerSlam against Lesnar.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I really feel like Hero was signed so no one else could have him. There is no way Vince will be cool with him.

Don't think it's a coincidence he was re-signed when Tye was moving up. Figure he was brought in to be the veteran to work with younger guys.

As for why he would agree to that; he may have been promised a coaching gig down the line, and it seems likely his girlfriend will be starting after the women's tournament.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i cant take 'oney lorcan' seriously because his name is 'oney lorcan

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Don't think it's a coincidence he was re-signed when Tye was moving up. Figure he was brought in to be the veteran to work with younger guys.

As for why he would agree to that; he may have been promised a coaching gig down the line, and it seems likely his girlfriend will be starting after the women's tournament.

I think people really underestimate the draw of a steady paycheck, not having to travel all that much, and having poo poo like paid time to recover from injuries.

Like yeah sure you could make 80k/year on the indies traveling the entire world and praying you don't break your loving neck, or you could make 60k/year and live across the street from the venue you are at 75% of the year and if you do break your loving neck you get a good surgeon and don't have your kids starve to death.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I guess Takeover Brooklyn 3 went on sale today? If you're looking to go it looks like the market is definitely not as hot as it was last year, tickets are easy to get.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Engagement news!!! https://twitter.com/BinkyInTheHouse/status/873258639296942080 https://twitter.com/MontezFordWWE/status/873288288383062017

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Who was the lady that slapped Andrade?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thea Trinidad.

She's been around a bit watching him from the crowd but never on TV until now, since they just finalized signing her.

She's also playing AJ in the Paige movie.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Thea Trinidad.

She's been around a bit watching him from the crowd but never on TV until now, since they just finalized signing her.

She's also playing AJ in the Paige movie.

She was Rosita in TNA like 8 years ago.

Really surprised WWE took this long to sign her. Given her looks, how well spoken she is and life story (her father died in 9/11). But I will say she's a poor in ring wrestler (currently).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFKe9Ej0jJU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Been lead to believe the Mae Young Classic's "Brian Kendrick" will be revealed this week. Sincerely don't know who the ex-WWE person is. The likes of Victoria, Winter, Melina etc all still wrestle though.

This got delayed unfortunately. Trying to figure it out is the elusive thing ever. Lots of people have heard Molly Holly rumours though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

has Molly Holly played heel before? Would smarks, who probably know her reputation as the Percy Pringle of women's wrestling, buy her as one?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

has Molly Holly played heel before? Would smarks, who probably know her reputation as the Percy Pringle of women's wrestling, buy her as one?

I don't really mean playing heel more just a returning WWE veteran.

She did play a heel for a long time in WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn't mean she'll work as a heel, he means she's going to land a 360 spinning piledriver for a 2 count.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Molly heel run was great and she had a great Mania match with Trish. I think it was title vs hair to blow off a long feud too.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The mania hair match was with Victoria

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wasn't Molly in the first WWE women's cage match, or am I thinking of Trish and someone else?

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I think it was Lita and Victoria during one of those Raw Roulette shows.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

I guess Takeover Brooklyn 3 went on sale today? If you're looking to go it looks like the market is definitely not as hot as it was last year, tickets are easy to get.

After last year and paying $50 for nosebleeds when you could get upper bowl seats for the same price on Stubhub a couple days before, that's what I'm doing this year. Also, they were doing fewer Takeovers the past couple of years, so there was a clear idea as to what the Brooklyn card would be far out, whereas now very little is known other than Asuka/Ember II.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can safely bet on AoP/Heavy Machinery in some fashion and probably McIntyre vs. Roode. Probably a Bate vs. Dunne rematch? Unless they decide to do that on their UK show instead.

But yeah for the rest of it, you'd just be buying it hoping that guys like Aleister, Andrade and Gargano all have something good to do.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Molly Holly is really cool and it'd be great to see her back

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

VJeff posted:

You can safely bet on AoP/Heavy Machinery in some fashion and probably McIntyre vs. Roode. Probably a Bate vs. Dunne rematch? Unless they decide to do that on their UK show instead.

But yeah for the rest of it, you'd just be buying it hoping that guys like Aleister, Andrade and Gargano all have something good to do.

Hero Itami too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm thinking Roode will drop the belt at Brooklyn, either to Drew or Roddy. Hopefully then they just get the stupid rematch clause out of the way and start rotating other guys into the title picture on a consistent basis.

One of the biggest problems with NXT last year is they had the same 2-3 guys in the title scene, wrestling each other on loop for months on end. That would be fine if there was a logical storyline reason for rematches, but too often they just went "welp there's a rematch clause" and sat around with their thumbs up their asses waiting for the next Takeover.

It's kinda weird that the Joe/Finn and Joe/Nakamura programs, literal dream matches just a couple years ago, are largely forgotten today while Bobby "Diet Triple H" Roode is having the more memorable title reign.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hideo needs to ditch the trash black and brown color way.

Hideo is a decade out of date with fashion. Another way of looking at it is that he inspired Samoa Joe's trunks in ROH, which was what, 13 years ago?

You can be so influential that you can look boring if you didn't become iconic.

Benne posted:

It's kinda weird that the Joe/Finn and Joe/Nakamura programs, literal dream matches just a couple years ago, are largely forgotten today while Bobby "Diet Triple H" Roode is having the more memorable title reign.

I think that's taking it too far. Finn was a downgrade from Owens, Joe was a downgrade from Finn, Nakamura wasn't a great champ, and yeah Roode has taken so long to find his footing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

One of the biggest problems with NXT last year is they had the same 2-3 guys in the title scene, wrestling each other on loop for months on end. That would be fine if there was a logical storyline reason for rematches, but too often they just went "welp there's a rematch clause" and sat around with their thumbs up their asses waiting for the next Takeover.
The problem also was they never really had the champs wrestle on the TV show and only do contract signings and promos instead. That and they really should have done some multiman matches to spice things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw and NXT are kinda on opposite ends of that spectrum. NXT had a bad habit of wasting all sorts of time between Takeovers while Raw constantly gives away matches for free because they have three hours to fill.

Smackdown Live hit a very good balance. When AJ was feuding with Dean, Ellsworth or Cena, it felt like it was must see every week because something really cool could happen at any time while still making you excited for the PPV.

• Locked thread