Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You're dreaming for Joss Whedon to shoot a scene badly so you can make fun of him. I don't really see the point, considering he's already done that and you've already made fun of him for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Let's be honest, his shots are a form of comedy in of themselves. I certainly would like for him to let his cinematographer do their job and make a movie look like a movie, however.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh boy, is always fun to read unsourced "rumors" about the DCEU

I said it before and I'll say it again, they should get Matt Damon as Booster Gold goddammit. Having super serious Affleck as Batman is already the setup, get that goofy rear end Damon in there as Booster and cast Casey Affleck (or someone equally goofy but not as rapey) as Blue Beetle, have them be the Abbott and Costello to Ben's Batman.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You're dreaming for Joss Whedon to shoot a scene badly so you can make fun of him. I don't really see the point, considering he's already done that and you've already made fun of him for it.

I think it would be interesting to see two director's takes on the same material.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would recommend 1931s Dracula. There is a Spanish language version with the same script shot simultaneously on the same sets with different actors and different directors. The direction is very different and much more interesting in the Spanish version.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again, they should get Matt Damon as Booster Gold goddammit. Having super serious Affleck as Batman is already the setup, get that goofy rear end Damon in there as Booster and cast Casey Affleck (or someone equally goofy but not as rapey) as Blue Beetle, have them be the Abbott and Costello to Ben's Batman.

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson for Beetle and Booster

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gatts posted:

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson for Beetle and Booster

Danny McBride and Walton Goggins.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I would recommend 1931s Dracula. There is a Spanish language version with the same script shot simultaneously on the same sets with different actors and different directors. The direction is very different and much more interesting in the Spanish version.

That actually does sound interesting. Looks like the Netflix DVD version of Dracula (1931) has both, so added to my queue. Thanks!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sir Kodiak posted:

I think it would be interesting to see two director's takes on the same material.

I would pay $1,000 for a ticket to see both Renny Harlin's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Paul Schrader's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neo Rasa posted:

I would pay $1,000 for a ticket to see both Renny Harlin's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Paul Schrader's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Batman v Superman v Batman v Superman

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm still sad Kramer vs. Kramer vs. Godzilla wasn't real. :(

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Spanish Dracula is better than American Dracula in every way except for Dracula himself.

If you could have had Bella as Dracula in Spanish Dracula, you would have the best Dracula movie.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
But there are no cars on Themyscira

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

But there are no cars on Themyscira

Horses tho....

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Wait wait I got it

The opening sequence: a massive Wayne Enterprises ferry delivers 400 cars to the surprised and delighted people of Themyscira.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bruce: We're going to take Darkseid to the most dangerous place on Earth, an island full of woman drivers.

Diana: Bruce, even for you this is-

Bruce: I'm Batmaaaaaaaaan

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bruce: I'm BatmaaaaaaaaanMY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAAD

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

MacheteZombie posted:

Horses tho....

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Wait wait I got it

The opening sequence: a massive Wayne Enterprises ferry delivers 400 cars to the surprised and delighted people of Themyscira.

Darkseid goes to Themyscira not to attack it, but to destroy the tendrils of neoliberal advance before Batman can marketize the last pre-capitalist society on Earth.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With all this DCEU :siren: speculation :siren:, does anyone have an updated timetable for release dates?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

all-Rush mixtape posted:

With all this DCEU :siren: speculation :siren:, does anyone have an updated timetable for release dates?

Justice League this year.

Aquaman in 2018 (Flash used to be here as well, but it has been officially put on "indefinite hold")

Shazam in 2019.

Green Lantern Corps and Cyborg in 2020.

Justice League 2 was supposed to be 2019, but it was pushed back for The Batman, which was then itself indefinitely delayed for a rewrite.

Suicide Squad 2, Justice League 2, Batgirl, Justice League Dark, and The Batman are all floating in some kind of state of development and the word is that DC wants to get at least one more movie out in 2018 and 2019.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 9, 2017

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The MSJ posted:

New Jojo trailer, and this one has stands in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwMv9zt_hDA

I thought Jojo was about wrestlers fighting with psychic powers, everyone in that trailer needs to lift more bro

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still can't get over how weird it is that they're doing the teamup movies before the individual stories. You just know they are going to lose one of those actors eventually and it'll be so loving weird.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Anyone have any recommendations of good Ezra Miller flicks to watch to get a sense of his acting ability?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

hiddenriverninja posted:

Anyone have any recommendations of good Ezra Miller flicks to watch to get a sense of his acting ability?

We Need to Talk About Kevin and The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Shageletic posted:

I thought Jojo was about wrestlers fighting with psychic powers, everyone in that trailer needs to lift more bro

That's only the first three.

Then Araki fell in love with fashion photography

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Part 4 (which this film is a adaptation of) signified the shift from inexplicably swole musclemen to eternal twink supremacy. If you dial back to the previous saga it is much as you say.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a spoiler going around for Spider-Man: Homecoming about Zendaya's character. Her last name is the same with The Vulture's, so it looks like the movie is using some elements from Sam Raimi's cancelled Spider-Man 4

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm okay with that Colin Farrell as Constantine rumor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm cool with that as well. Would be great if they got Keanu to reprise the role though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At this rate Universal will just acquire the rights to The Boogyman and we'll get Keanu either way.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

I'm still waiting for a superhero flick to embrace full comic book insanity and have a retcon midway through, reboot the universe and have the second half be a reinterpretation of the first half by a different director. Basically Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

McSpanky posted:

I'm still waiting for a superhero flick to embrace full comic book insanity and have a retcon midway through, reboot the universe and have the second half be a reinterpretation of the first half by a different director. Basically Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Movie.

The idea of recasting Darren halfway through the Bewitched movie was always too good to have ever happened.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/873350705142222848

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Not gonna lie, that Black Panther commercial was pretty tight. I love Michael B's look.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
How the hell does a sci-fi/magic african future kingdom populated by crazy martial arts bodyguards look that goddamn flat?

I mean, I really hate to be the guy leaping to conclusions based on a short trailer, but gently caress if that didn't look dull for what's being depicted.

Serf
May 5, 2011

This owns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Serf posted:

This owns.

Bruh, whoever did the costume design was goddamn on loving point.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Finally, a good MCU movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yeah, I'm on board.

God drat, Coogler really bringing another level to this. Who got the choice screenshots?

• Locked thread