Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Besides Tag Titles I get the feeling we'll see the reverse of Wrestle Kingdom for Single Title changes at Dominion. I think Suzuki and Hiromu retain, while Okada/Naito lose to set up G1 stories for them. Especially since I think Naito needs to move on from the IC title but at this point shouldn't lose to anybody but Tanahashi/Okada/Omega...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Misawa was not having very many good matches after 2003. He was extremely limited by the end, the KENTA match he had in ROH was almost a miracle.
Haha as soon as I read the first part of your sentence I was all prepped to angrily reply,"What about the KENTA match!?! :mad:" :sweatdrop:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

Also KUSHIDA/Ospreay got 5 stars

Upside — it was an amazing match that deserves the accolade

Downside —how in insufferable will Will Ospreay be now that he's got a full fiver?

Edit: apparently he got one for a six man last year, but I feel like the one-on-one will matter more to him.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 8, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He has as many as Sid now.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Naito is going to win the G1. LIJ is still the most over thing in NJPW rn, and Omega only won it last year because in hindsight it made a lot of sense for NJPW's new ace to win his first Dome match after definitively becoming the ace, even if they made a drat good feud around it that lessened the inevitability. This time, Naito will win and he'll have an incredible match with Okada.

Okada is probably going to be in Omega's block, and he'll get his win back there and get the title back at KOPW to face Naito at the Dome.

After Kenny loses the HC, he'll probably aim for the IC title and have the Tanahashi/Omega ladder match at the Dome.

If I am right, the fact that this is so predictable isn't a bad thing, because all of these matches will be wonderful as heck.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVEEBHzFHhE/

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/872749936537878528

Kota voicing himself in Tiger Mask W while actually wrestling as Tiger Mask W in real life is amazing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sorry for not updating the thread in a whole but there is a Korakuen tomorrow before the #2 show

Road to Dominion
Friday June 9th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Syota Umino and Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and TAKA)
Nagata, Makabe, TMIV, Kawato, and Oka vs. TenCozy, Nakanishi, Liger, and Kitamura
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page)
Michael Elgin, War Machine, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Cody, and GoD)
CHAOS (Goto, YTR, YOSHI, and Jado) vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, ZSJ, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
Taguchi Japan (Tana, Taguchi, Juice, KUSHIDA, and Ricochet vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and RPG Vice) vs. the Elite

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm so happy Big Mike is back. :neckbeard:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The contract signings for Dominion were great. I think this is the first time I've ever seen them do something like this, is this a typical NJPW thing? I'm glad they had someone translating to English.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/872749936537878528

Kota voicing himself in Tiger Mask W while actually wrestling as Tiger Mask W in real life is amazing

his head's so little and his body's so big

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
he looks like that giant young boy

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
GET HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJdTMOEWWvY

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Goddamn I cannot wait for this loving show

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

SalTheBard posted:

Goddamn I cannot wait for this loving show

Start of that video is also a good reminder why Osaka Jo is probably the coolest venue for wrestling in the whole world.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 10, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is now definitely the #2 show of the year in both gate and importance now that it's the only time besides the Dome that all titles are defended. Take advantage of the Sunday slot and try to watch this one live. I'm a little disappointed in both the triple rematches and the fact that my preferred wrestlers are probably gonna all lose on this one, but it's still gonna be a hell of a show. The young lion darkmatch is gonna be about 15-30 minutes earlier than the rest of the card

NJPW Dominion
June 11th at 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST
Osaka-jo Hall

Dark Match:David Finlay, Tomoyuki Oka, and Syota Umino vs. Hirai Kawato, Katsuya Kitamura, and Tetsuhiro Yagi
Tiger Mask W, Tiger Mask IV, Yugi Nagata, and Togi Makabe vs. Ten-Cozy, Jushin Liger, and Manabu Nakanishi
NEVER Trios Championship Gauntlet Match;L.I.J(c) (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. Taguchi Japan (Taguchi, Juice, and Ricochet) vs. CHAOS (Ishii, Y-H, and YTR) vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Yujiro, and Page) vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:RPG Vice(c) vs. Young Bucks
IWGP Tag Team Championship:War Machine(c) vs. GoD
Michael Elgin vs. Cody
IWGP jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs. KUSHIDA(BOSJ 24 Champion)
NEVER Openweight Championship Lumberjack Match:Minoru Suzuki(c) vs. Hirooki Goto
IWGP Intercontinental Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Kenny Omega

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
How is that gauntlet match gonna work? Does LIJ get to come out last?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone should want Kenny to win because the Wrestler of the Year arguments will be heated.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

MassRafTer posted:

Everyone should want Kenny to win because the Wrestler of the Year arguments will be heated.

This is a good point. He wins, has a great G1 and a big defense at Kings of Pro Wrestling and suddenly this runaway legendary year Okada is having has competition. Kind of insane if you think about it.

Everyone should also go to NJPW World before the show and check out the interview he does. Lots of faux kayfabe from him as usual but some interesting tidbits on how he's approaching the psychology of the match. Talks about packing on a bunch of muscle to withstand more punishment, to blitz Okada and to have a shorter match than last time, all nice little story line wrinkles.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope Omega wins too, Okada is fantastic but it feels like the time is right for a change.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wow i want to see every match on that card.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wow i want to see every match on that card.

Yeah I was just looking at it to see if I could get away with waking up late and hosed if I can?!?!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I love Okada but Kenny is a good Canadian lad plus Okada needs some rest after this reign. Plus I want an actual Naito/Omega feud

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
kenny omega will bring the historic iwgp heavyweight championship back to its proper home: the bald prairie of western canada

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Two takeaways from that video - does the Jr Tag division ever change? I was super into NJPW around WK9 and it seems like it's always The Young Bucks and Rocky. They must be like 400-time champions at this point.

Also, NJPW had a ladder match with Elgin?? What and when was that? In the time I watched NJPW there were like... zero gimmick matches whatsoever. Was that their first ladder match ever?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not really, rpg vice and the bucks are the cornerstones of the division. there are a fair amount of teams now though, since suzuki-gun came back and LIJ expanded

yeah kenny wanted to do the first-ever ladder match with tanahashi but tanahashi got injured so his bff elgin took his place. it was very good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

kenny omega will bring the historic iwgp heavyweight championship back to its proper home: the bald prairie of western canada

Manitoba is central Canada but close enough

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Excuse me most of Manitoba is west of the hundredth meridian, Where The Great Plains Begin, and therefore it is Western Canada

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The ladder match was actually at last year's Dominion IIRC.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okada is the best wrestler in the world and this is the first title defense in his current run where I'm actively rooting against him. Kenny... you can do it

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I rooted for Kenny at the Dome cuz I was there live and wanted to see a title change. Also I liked the idea of Okada chasing the title But now he's the true ace, and I'm at home, so I am rooting for Okada. I want him to retain. Even if it means they go broadway and spend 50 minutes trading headlocks. I want Okada to win.

Then he can go 0-8 or whatever in G-1. That would be cool. Why not.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as far as i am aware kenny does not have any Holds or maneuvers that could keep Okada down for the count. we saw it all in january. this one is in the bag. if you think otherwise, you're really going to be thinking, "holy cow" later on

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

finally called my own bluff and bought njpw for tonight, good thing i've still got half a pot of coffee from this morning

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Boy Naito really whooped the piss out of the IC belt

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cavauro posted:

as far as i am aware kenny does not have any Holds or maneuvers that could keep Okada down for the count. we saw it all in january. this one is in the bag. if you think otherwise, you're really going to be thinking, "holy cow" later on

If I remember correctly, Kenny did not hit the One-Winged Angel at Wrestle Kingdom, which was being set up as a killshot in the lead up to that match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if what you say is true then i need to re-think my position entirely. i am watching the footage now to be certain

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SG Bamboo posted:

If I remember correctly, Kenny did not hit the One-Winged Angel at Wrestle Kingdom, which was being set up as a killshot in the lead up to that match

That is correct. The whole story of the WK match was that if Kenny hit the One Winged Angel it was over...and he never did :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay I napped and do not have work tomorrow. Lets watch this live and see if the IC belt lives another and if Kenny Omega wins it all

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Cavauro posted:

if what you say is true then i need to re-think my position entirely. i am watching the footage now to be certain

A significant part of the build up is that he didn't hit that move and when he does it's over. So if it happens tonight that's gonna be an awesome 3 seconds to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Oh yeah if Tanahashi wins gently caress this company and gently caress pro-wrestling. That dude shouldn't even be on the show. He is the best but he is also seriously injured and there's absolutely no justification for letting him wrestle unless they're gonna do a 2 minute match and put Naito over huge.

I love pro-graps but I stopped following it for years cuz all my favorites kept getting crippled or dying or framed for crimes they didn't commit. This year's been rough with Shibata and Honma. Don't need anyone else hanging it up before their time. Especially not a guy as charismatic as Tana -- he can get away with doing nothing but air guitar for 20 more years.

Or is the bicep tear another example of Meltzer getting worked. Where are you Rovert. Put my mind at ease.

• Locked thread