Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If Jacky orders a Caesar salad we'll know the jig is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

loving incredible.

Anyway:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lobok posted:

If Jacky orders a Caesar salad we'll know the jig is up.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm mad that guy wasn't Tyrannus :mad:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tyrannus, ruler of the underworld, soon to start a war with the entire planet, sunglasses enthusiast.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Naw, Tyrannus will fight Spider-Man and then decide that conquering the surface world isn't worth the bother, but he can keep Subterranea without a problem since the Mole Man is abdicating his throne to go be in movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tyrannus is going to overdose on his fountain and turn into a baby that Mole Man will raise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lobok posted:

So maybe just capture the UN Building, grab hold of the Internet, and play King of the Hill for a while until the world recognizes your global authority.

It was usually three people on an otherwise empty floor in the Channel 6 news room that the bad guys captured, and the world had no choice but to submit until four pizza loving teenagers saved the day.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Tyrannus is going to overdose on his fountain and turn into a baby that Mole Man will raise.

So what you're telling me is that Peter's going to get his rear end kicked by a baby.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok, how about this: by the end of the arc Mole Man and Tyrannus have mostly settled their differences and Aunt Anna shows back up just in time to go on a double date with the two of them and Aunt May!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Johnny Walker posted:

Hey so this origin story from 2001 just got posted in the other thread.

I can feel my brain dying.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Tyrannus will not show up in the strip until about 2019 at this rate.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

Hey so this origin story from 2001 just got posted in the other thread.

I like how the guy says he can lift 400 lbs no problem and then proceeds to lift two 400 lb weights plus the bar.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Samovar posted:

I can feel my brain dying.
That's the intended effect of NSM.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ColdPie posted:

I like how the guy says he can lift 400 lbs no problem and then proceeds to lift two 400 lb weights plus the bar.

I like how he decides he's busting out after he just got struck by lightning but before he figured out he has super powers.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Push El Burrito posted:

I like how he decides he's busting out after he just got struck by lightning but before he figured out he has super powers.
Yes, God, thank you. What was his Plan A there, run at the wall and try not to bounce off? Dude was surprised when he blew a hole in it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

It's like the prison equivalent of going out to buy a lotto ticket after something lucky happens to you. In prison you immediately try to break out.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That's just reusing the twist from Earnest Goes to Jail with a barbell.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

So what you're telling me is that Peter's going to get his rear end kicked by a baby.
In Newspaper Spider-Man this is always a matter of "when", not "if."

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Jacky isn't wearing sunglasses to protect his eyes from the light of the surface. Can't be Tyrannus.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Apparently nobody's heard of an 'earthquake' in NSMverse.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Apparently nobody's heard of an 'earthquake' in NSMverse.

An earthquake? In LA? Don't be ridiculous.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Lobok posted:

You know the saying, "a man's hole is his cavern".

:golfclap:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Is this guy Chekov's Press Agent? Was he just padding or is he going to actually be involved somehow in the Sunday strip and ongoing saga?

I'm so excited for Newspaper Spider-Man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if he isn't tyrannus, it is possible that the coked up pr guy will save the day by making tyrannus a star, thus leaving subterranea open for melvin man's return.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if he isn't tyrannus, it is possible that the coked up pr guy will save the day by making tyrannus a star, thus leaving subterranea open for melvin man's return.

We can safely assume it won't be Spider-Man saving the day

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ImpAtom posted:

We can safely assume it won't be Spider-Man saving the day

It will be Mole Mans striking stick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have dreamed of this Spidey-Mole Man crossover all of my life.

It is loving time to go.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So wait what was Melvie Mole's plan again? To whack security guards and drag Aunt May to...? Then he thought he had enough time for a leisurely brunch? Moley I know you've got the most powerful weapon in your universe but that's just cocky.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't really think he had a plan. He fled his hole because Tyrannus drove him out, then he just happened to meet May. He probably just wanted to hang out and drink some starbucks until the surface world invasion began.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Yeah, he was just on the run and saw his sweetie and wanted to make moon eyes at her from across the room before he got back to running, then some rent-a-cops started poo poo and he had to bust out the Whackin' Stick.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Calling it. Tyrannus will fall in love with aunt may too and challenge mole man to a duel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tyrannus is such a cradle robber

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

tyrannus is such a cradle robber

You're not supposed to date anyone younger than half your age, plus 7.

He's around 1557 years old, so him dating anyone under 786 years old is pretty creepy and gross. To be fair to him, Aunt May can pass for someone in her early 600's.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh. guess it is

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh. guess it is

And judging from the angle of the arm we would probably be able to see the rest of this monster if the panel would just move to the right a bit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ikasuhito posted:

And judging from the angle of the arm we would probably be able to see the rest of this monster if the panel would just move to the right a bit.

It's just an arm. Tyrannus wants to break into the movie review biz and this is his shtick for a "thumbs up".

You don't wanna know what happens if he hates a movie.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
A giant green arm bursting through the ground could be lots of things in Marvel. Maybe Bruce Banner has a new split personality with scales. Maybe some kid with the X-gene just hit puberty. Maybe it's Fin Fang Foom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh my god, I would pay very good money for it to be Fin Fang Foom.

• Locked thread