Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah Flynn is absolutely hosed. Comey confirmed that he's under criminal investigation and because it won't affect the rest of the inquiry, it's likely open and shut.

Also the big difference between Trump and Comey calling each other liars - Comey did so under oath and with the specter of perjury hanging over his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That and loving everybody knows Trump is a fat lying piece of poo poo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

That and loving everybody knows Trump is a fat lying piece of poo poo

Um

About that...

Lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Expect Trump to try and pull some ahit about lying under oath when he also perjures himself. Nevermind that his lies will be exponentially more severe in scope and damages.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If Trump ever testifies under oath he's completely and utterly hosed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mr. Nice! posted:

His Twitter account is going to end up printed out as a PDF and entered into record. What a time to be alive.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

His Twitter account is going to end up printed out as a PDF and entered into record. What a time to be alive.

His tweets are considered official statements right? Could they be used for a perjury charge? Like "but mr trump on twitter you said this but right now you're saying this PERJURY BITCH"

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

TBeats posted:

His tweets are considered official statements right? Could they be used for a perjury charge? Like "but mr trump on twitter you said this but right now you're saying this PERJURY BITCH"

How often do politicians lie in political speeches, and how often are they prosecuted for it? He's not under oath while tweeting, so....

Edit - not to imply that one should think he'd tell the truth under oath, either.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

TBeats posted:

His tweets aren't made under oath, so the President would instead need to admit that he lied on Twitter.

A sentence I never thought I'd write. What a time to be alive.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
He could just admit to lying on twitter, but it doesn't matter. Trump will never testify under oath; him being in a situation where he is forced to stick to one set of facts is his (and his lawyers') worst nightmare. Reminder that last time be pretended to be unable to read in order to avoid answering questions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The takeaway wasn't things Comey talked about because all that was pretty unexpected, it was the questions he couldn't answer but to which he didn't say 'no'.

Not really, Comey is consistent about not answering when he can't. He's a person that you really can't infer an answer from a "I can't answer that here" response.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump's tweets are official presidential statements, but presidential statements are not under oath so there's no risk of perjury.

The tweets would be used to impeach any testimony of his that's contradictory if he was ever under oath.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is where this bullshit needs to somehow head because, yes, he's a compulsive liar.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provide it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

This is where this bullshit needs to somehow head because, yes, he's a compulsive liar.

good news some reporter at the press conference right now just no ballsed him into saying "100% I will tell them what I just told you"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Comey, under oath, stated that he likes spending time with his wife. She can hold that poo poo over him for a looooong time now.

His summary of what America is and why Russian interference is a big deal was also a really nice moment. The guy gets what being American is all about.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

cowboy elvis posted:

Comey, under oath, stated that he likes spending time with his wife. She can hold that poo poo over him for a looooong time now.

His summary of what America is and why Russian interference is a big deal was also a really nice moment. The guy gets what being American is all about.

yeah like legit i had so much respect for him during that testimony
you could tell he was a guy trying to make the best calls he could for the country he loves

can we add comey to the GiP patron saints list?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

cowboy elvis posted:

And yet he threw Clinton under a bus with his colossally badly timed announcement that likely swayed the shooting match into present-day Bizzarro World. I don't know what to think about the guy.

edit- but I drat sure know I don't like looking out and seeing Bizzarro World or the Twilight Zone

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Given this testimony and his previous wrt the Ashcroft bullshit I think Comey is probably the most politically naive man ever but believes wholeheartedly in justice, for better or for worse.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

yeah like legit i had so much respect for him during that testimony
you could tell he was a guy trying to make the best calls he could for the country he loves

can we add comey to the GiP patron saints list?

You must perform three miracles to become a saint.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Given this testimony and his previous wrt the Ashcroft bullshit I think Comey is probably the most politically naive man ever but believes wholeheartedly in justice, for better or for worse.

I bet he brings beer and meat to every BBQ he attends

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Comey is super dad probably.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

good news some reporter at the press conference right now just no ballsed him into saying "100% I will tell them what I just told you"

I heard that on NPR and I'm pretty sure I also heard about half a ton of bricks being poo poo by the Trump staffers with half a clue at that exact same moment. Words would fail to describe the rectal spelunking that would take place if someone managed to get him under oath on this stuff.

Really hope the main stream news keep the no-ballsing going on this because our president is a man child and would not be able to resist someone calling him a chicken.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When's the last time, if ever, a sitting president had to give a testimony under oath?

Did Bill when he was facing impeachment? I was only 10 at the time and don't remember.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

When's the last time, if ever, a sitting president had to give a testimony under oath?

Did Bill when he was facing impeachment? I was only 10 at the time and don't remember.
Bill lied under oath about having sex with Lewinsky, which led to the impeachment.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TBeats posted:

The impeachment was for him lying under oath in the first place.

Mr. Mambold posted:

And yet he threw Clinton under a bus with his colossally badly timed announcement that likely swayed the shooting match into present-day Bizzarro World. I don't know what to think about the guy.

edit- but I drat sure know I don't like looking out and seeing Bizzarro World or the Twilight Zone

Supposedly he believed at the time that everything the FBI knew would end up in the hands of the Trump campaign via Rudy "9/11" Giuliani so it might've actually been worse some how?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

tastefully arranged labia posted:

You must perform three miracles to become a saint.

1.) He had a small part to play in an over all bigger picture of getting Trump elected (THIS IS NOT TO START A DEBATE)

2.) He's probably going to be a big part of bringing Trump down

3.) ?????

He's got one down, one is in the process, the third is yet to be seen.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

windshipper posted:

1.) He had a small part to play in an over all bigger picture of getting Trump elected (THIS IS NOT TO START A DEBATE)

2.) He's probably going to be a big part of bringing Trump down

3.) ?????

He's got one down, one is in the process, the third is yet to be seen.

3) the whole Ashcroft thing during the w admin.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If he brings trump down I don't care if they find him with a dead hooker in his trunk, I'll be a fan. gently caress it id peddle the conspiracy that the hooker was one of the ones that peed on trump and trump had him framed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, but, can the hookers' urine melt steel beams?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its the russian version of vietnamese ladies shooting out ping pong balls

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Maybe. But it might also melt a Presidency

:getin: let the piss flow

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Were those beams made in China sir.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

3) the whole Ashcroft thing during the w admin.

poo poo you're right.

Saint Comey Goes to Washington: He Will Hear Your Prayers (through a FISA court approval)

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
The last honorable Republican in D.C.?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Comey is an independent.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mueller?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

Comey is an independent.

Voted Republican for several years at least before not voting anymore, like 11 years ago.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thwomp posted:

It isn't illegal to leak non-classified information, especially if you aren't working in the government anymore. The government doesn't work in an NDA environment.

They can still hate you which has all sorts of problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its the russian version of vietnamese ladies shooting out ping pong balls

No, the Russians just insert Polonium 210 into the pussies of their Suicide Assasin Hookers who then gently caress their assigned target and die a glorious death for Mother Russia.

• Locked thread