Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

iospace posted:

Is the easiest way to do so to say Mima isn't coming back?

Do I look like nages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

Someone summon me when the reimu one comes out

Well here's an image of the box for now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:swoon:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Looks like she has a battle face, some sort of amulet throwing part, tea and tea time face, some sorta umbrella, gohei (normal length). Maybe more

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'd buy it

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Blitzblast sent me one of those of Yuyuko, it sits on my desk now holding a butterfly. I hope each and everyone one of you sends me a Mima one when they make it.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
If Mima then doofy ghost accessory.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

yes

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Mima but as a doofy ghost. In fact just a doofy ghost.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

forget the doofy ghost and just bring out mima already

then we can discuss the timeline for the doofy ghost

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Release them all. Mima, Doofy Ghost, Mima as Doofy ghost, Mima + Bedsheet attachment, Big Doofy Ghost, Touhou 15.5 with Mima as a playable character, Touhou 16 with Mima as the extra boss. I want them all.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

dakimakura mima

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

el dorito posted:

dakimakura mima

That one most of all :anime:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I have a couple questions about FMW4 and varying degrees of bullshit:

1. I heard there's a chapter where you just get Ran/Chen, Shou/Nazrin, Kaguya/Reisen, and Youmu/Momiji?? This doesn't seem okay.

2. I heard there's a line defense chapter where your units start on one side so you have to scramble to cover the whole line, and that doesn't seem okay either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In my limited srw and fmw experience those both don't sound too bad.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AweStriker posted:

1. I heard there's a chapter where you just get Ran/Chen, Shou/Nazrin, Kaguya/Reisen, and Youmu/Momiji?? This doesn't seem okay.

2. I heard there's a line defense chapter where your units start on one side so you have to scramble to cover the whole line, and that doesn't seem okay either.

1. It's like a defense chapter where the goal is to survive with those characters until reinforcements appear and clean up. Frankly, the biggest problem with the chapter is that the cutscene at the end is bugged and randomly breaks completely, trapping you in a looped script.

2. Yeah, it kinda sucks, but it's not all that hard on Normal, at least. Part of the point of the chapter though is that you get a new character with a huge AOE attack who appears on the other side of the map ready to blow things up.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

AweStriker posted:

The first one you get your whole team on turn 3 or maybe 4 i don't remember, it's not that hard since none of the enemies actually move towards you so you can just not attack if you haven't upgraded any of them.

The second one i have only played on normal because above normal blows in fmw but you really just need to have the three fairies shoot down one enemy which is pretty simple considering they have three spirit pools and then the rest of your team shows up. Just use anyone with chain action to get to the middle of the map and it is no problem.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I 1cc'ed UFO on Normal today because I couldn't remember if I had or not. Just squaring that one away I suppose.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Comiket circle results got announced and Tasogare Frontier did not get a booth. They might have withdrawn their application but at any rate the new Touhou fighter probably won't be making an appearance.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mima

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

isn't coming back :rip:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thank goodness

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

leather fedora posted:

Comiket circle results got announced and Tasogare Frontier did not get a booth. They might have withdrawn their application but at any rate the new Touhou fighter probably won't be making an appearance.

Not entirely unexpected, but a bit disappointing nonetheless.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:same:

El Burbo posted:

Thank goodness

:same:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i forgot a new Toho was going to come out in two months

I'm excited although there's probably no way it's going to match up to Th15

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

15 is the only Windows mainline game I haven't 1CCed on Normal. I really should do that. Do people have an easier time doing so on Pointdevice or Legacy?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

CuddlyZombie posted:

15 is the only Windows mainline game I haven't 1CCed on Normal. I really should do that. Do people have an easier time doing so on Pointdevice or Legacy?

1cc isn't really an applicable concept to Pointdevice? I mean, I suppose you can do it but holy poo poo christ do not even try.

Play Legacy, play Reisen. Bomb a lot, grazefarm easy stuff for life bits.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In Pointdevice you can do nothing but 1cc it.

I find it the easier mode . If only because i'm the type of player who's so wary of using a bomb in a non-optimal place that i die with 5 of them, and pointdevice prevents me from losing all my resources all the time.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In Pointdevice you can do nothing but 1cc it.

I mean how do you define that, if it's just getting the good ending then yeah sure. If you just mean clearing it then yeah probably because you can't actually fail forever in PD. If you mean using no continues then hahahahaha good luck with that in PD.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pointdevice has none of what the game classifies as continues. Since getting the good ending requires you to not get a continue and completing pointdevice can only get you the good ending. Because technically you didn't die a single time!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Today was a good day.

edit: today just got fuckin BETTER

i have never cleared an Extra stage before holy moly I feel good

i have no idea what I'm doing

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 11, 2017

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Good poo poo.

I've been replaying IN a bit lately and the enjoying the team-switching mechanics a lot more now that I'm better at shmups. Dealing with familiars makes the stages more fun, and having purple goop flow out of your body for grazing is so much more satisfying than the weak sparks in the other games.

Also "shoot and I'll move" is still the best Touhou line.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

1cc isn't really an applicable concept to Pointdevice? I mean, I suppose you can do it but holy poo poo christ do not even try.

Play Legacy, play Reisen. Bomb a lot, grazefarm easy stuff for life bits.

Sorry, I was half-asleep when posting and didn't think that sentence all the way through. :downs:

I'll give Reisen a try, though, I've only played 15 as Reimu and Marisa

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'll give Reisen a try, though, I've only played 15 as Reimu and Marisa

Reimu is ok but lacking in the ability Reisen/Sanae have to abuse LoLK's mechanics, Marisa is actually like a pretty poo poo shot type in that game. Do not Marisa, it is not worth it.

Reisen and Sanae are the best for different reasons, Reisen's shot is pretty strong and her bomb is obscenely good at making it so you don't actually need to be very good at the game to make headway by virtue of it giving her a 3-hit shield. It makes your hitbox bigger mind you but it is still exactly as much of a safety net as it sounds. And having a bigger hitbox can actually be good in a lot of instances due to grazing giving you life fragments! Your huge rear end shieldbox will graze many more bullets and give you more resources to work with.

Sanae can basically linearly convert bombs into lives on higher difficulties due to how LoLK awards life fragments for grazing and Sanae's bomb lasts eight million years (this does not work very well on lower difficulties so I do not recommend her for Normal however her bomb is still pretty strong by virtue of doing gently caress-rear end loads of damage to the entire screen so she's still not a bad choice)

imo Reisen is the best for flat survival so if you haven't managed it yet, try her. Especially on Normal. Sanae's bullshit works best on Lunatic.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i have no idea what I'm doing

Business as usual, then.

Anyway, congratulations! I've never bothered 1ccing any of the games on Hard but beat most extra stages, so you should be good to go clearing out more extra stages.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Mima

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003