Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

I just can't get over how useless the Swedish tier VI tanks are :negative:

Mind posting some replays? I feel the Strv 74 is pretty good. The TD can be made to work, but it's DPM and aim time really hurt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The WoT chat server has really been making GBS threads the bed lately. I woke up to two private messages that won't load, so I'll never be able to taste the pubbie tears within. :(

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Which is the superior tank, Thunderbolt VII or the Fury?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

MariusLecter posted:

The former, especially since it comes with the only available american 0-skill BIA crew.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I enjoy driving the Fury more since the Thunderbolt is fat and slow

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Azhais posted:

I enjoy driving the Fury more since the Thunderbolt is fat and slow

Counterpoint: pubbies are dumb so you can bounce shots in the Thunderbolt all day.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MariusLecter posted:

Fury is an Easy 8 with a crappier mantlet (I think or it had the HD mantlet prior to the E8 getting it) and the Thunderbolt is a more maneuverable vaguely less armored Jumbo. Thunderbolt reminds me of the Super Pershing play style but better at it for the tier and not as mind numbing because of having at least some speed and acceleration.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I forget the exact message, but Wargaming had this ingame message about checking out the premium shop for your individual "special offer" available only to you!!! So I went to have a look to see what garbage they were trying to peddle.

Special offer Super Pershing on the left, regular old Super Pershing on the right.

:downs:

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

HFX posted:

Wargaming EU really does hate you guys.

So it's not good? Versus the two tech tree tank destroyers on its tier, it seems to trade damage for more frontal hull strength. That... doesn't sound too bad? I was thinking of buying it, actually, but I'm otherwise only slowly working toward tier 7, so I don't know that much about late-game stuff.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The only thing in Special offers FOR YOU: I've ever seen is this,

T-127 (which i already have), 500 gold, Slot, 500,000 credits and 7 days premium.

e;
Oh and a Patton KR for $29.99 but I have to pay with Paypal

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 9, 2017

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Also, I loving HATE being pitted against tanks that I often cannot penetrate at all even in a dedicated tank destroyer, so having preferential matchmaking with only up to tier 9 vehicles appearing seems like a particularly big point in favour of the Pak 43 Jagdtiger to me.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Umm, I seem to recall some goons in here have sold their WoT accounts, and I'm wondering can I get some info on how to do this?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do you have a Type 59?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

Do you have a Type 59?

SONUVA

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I do.. how much is a Type 59 account worth and where can I dump this awful game?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thylacine posted:

I do.. how much is a Type 59 account worth and where can I dump this awful game?

I'd love to know this too - how much is Type and Clownshoe worth?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
How do I even value my account anyway?

For those goons who have sold their accounts, what platform did you do it through and how do you prevent chargebacks?

Like I have:

T110E5
T57 Heavy
E100
Leopard 1
Jgpz E100
T62A
Object 140
IS7
STB-1
Batchat 25t
AMX 30b

bunch of premiums tanks
some gold

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 9, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Gimmick Account posted:

So it's not good? Versus the two tech tree tank destroyers on its tier, it seems to trade damage for more frontal hull strength. That... doesn't sound too bad? I was thinking of buying it, actually, but I'm otherwise only slowly working toward tier 7, so I don't know that much about late-game stuff.

It is extremely slow. It per shot damage is paltry. It requires you to continually damage and track someone for its gimmick to work. The lower plate is made of cheese, and in a game dominated by high pen alpha cannons now, I am not sure how relevant it remains.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

HFX posted:

It is extremely slow. It per shot damage is paltry. It requires you to continually damage and track someone for its gimmick to work. The lower plate is made of cheese, and in a game dominated by high pen alpha cannons now, I am not sure how relevant it remains.

Ok, that's good to know. The speed seems to be equal to that of the Ferdinand, but I'm guessing by your comment that it doesn't have adequate engine power to accelerate properly? And that I would have to be hull-down at almost all times to actually make use of the high frontal armor? Especially that last part makes it far less appealing because you simply won't have that luxury everywhere you go.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Is there anywhere that I can download the latest minipatch outside of their own launcher? Mine cant seem to be able to download it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr.48 posted:

Is there anywhere that I can download the latest minipatch outside of their own launcher? Mine cant seem to be able to download it.

This is what was in my Tanks/Updates folder, from ~36 hours ago which seems about right. Welcome to try tossing it in your Updates and seeing if the launcher uses it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29439843/WoT/wot_9.19.13146_9.19.13118_client.wgpkg

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Azhais posted:

This is what was in my Tanks/Updates folder, from ~36 hours ago which seems about right. Welcome to try tossing it in your Updates and seeing if the launcher uses it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29439843/WoT/wot_9.19.13146_9.19.13118_client.wgpkg

Thank you kindly!

Turned out to be Kaspersky blocking all my ports for some reason, got rid of it and all is well now.

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
Ok so after months of not playing lights are t10 now, but it gave me the t8 german and french ones and moved my xp from the ru251 and 13 90 to the t8 lovely ones where it will never do anything? loving Why?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

one on a bun posted:

Ok so after months of not playing lights are t10 now, but it gave me the t8 german and french ones and moved my xp from the ru251 and 13 90 to the t8 lovely ones where it will never do anything? loving Why?

Because Wargaming are spiteful assholes. At least you'll get a bunch of credits for selling the garbage Bat12t and HWK.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

McGavin posted:

The WoT chat server has really been making GBS threads the bed lately. I woke up to two private messages that won't load, so I'll never be able to taste the pubbie tears within. :(
Of all the things that WoT could do to improve my enjoyment of their lovely game this is top of my list. I have a bunch of stupid poo poo pubbies have pm'ed me that I want to share but can't get a screen shot due to server bullshit. So just have my ARL pain in png form:

Why yes that is Mastery in an ARL! On a defeat :eng99:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey guys guess what, I didn't have a loving rammer on my Maus, so I went from 11.25s reload to 10.36s reload. I didn't even think to check if I had a rammer because I was firing so loving fast and putting out so much damage.

This tank is stupid.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Anybody still having issues with their contact list and messaging people? Other than me of course.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Anybody still having issues with their contact list and messaging people? Other than me of course.

Chat server is 100% hosed tonight on NA server.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Can I get reinvited to the clan?

IGN: buglord

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Didn't the plan on changing the JT88 by giving it a bigger boomstick, but changing something else about it?

Whatever happened to that?

I seem to remember them planning sort of a reverse-JT88, the "JT (H)" which has the Ferdi's 128 (or I guess the JT stock gun as well) but regular tier 8 MM.

Gimmick Account posted:

The thing about the JT88 is that it's slow and not very fun to play, but fires cheap shells and does constant damage (potentially). The end result is that it's profitable, but difficult to win with (so you trade WR for credits) and not very enjoyable. Pref MM is a bonus, and while it's not that we're saying not to buy it under any circumstances, it's just not a "fun" tank, it's a "work" tank, if that analogy makes any sense. I don't think I've played mine in a year or two.

Gimmick Account posted:

Ok, that's good to know. The speed seems to be equal to that of the Ferdinand, but I'm guessing by your comment that it doesn't have adequate engine power to accelerate properly? And that I would have to be hull-down at almost all times to actually make use of the high frontal armor? Especially that last part makes it far less appealing because you simply won't have that luxury everywhere you go.

A lot of vehicles, particularly German ones, have weak lower glacis (I think that's both the singular and plural) although the JT88 actually appears (according to the 3D model at tanks.gg at least) to have a stronger plate than the tier 9 JT (120 vs 100 mm, respectively) which means the JT88's frontal hull is roughly 200 mm effective overall, versus the same for the upper but only ~160-170 for lower on the JT. That's not a ton of armor at tier 8 either way, so if at all possible get either vehicle hull-down to leverage the ~250 mm casemate (which still isn't even that spectacular.)

Agrajag posted:

How do I even value my account anyway?

For those goons who have sold their accounts, what platform did you do it through and how do you prevent chargebacks?

I think only rare premium/reward tanks are particularly valuable, but I haven't tried to sell my account so :shrug:

Also, the whole chargeback thing is kind of a risk of the EULA-violating account-sale process, but conversely if you still have ownership of the e-mail address to which the account is attached, you can do an account recovery; I actually know a guy who did that just to gently caress over the guy to whom he temporarily sold his account, keeping the money and retrieving his account.... :stare:

buglord posted:

Can I get reinvited to the clan?

IGN: buglord

Invite sent, welcome back!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cartoon posted:

Of all the things that WoT could do to improve my enjoyment of their lovely game this is top of my list. I have a bunch of stupid poo poo pubbies have pm'ed me that I want to share but can't get a screen shot due to server bullshit. So just have my ARL pain in png form:

Why yes that is Mastery in an ARL! On a defeat :eng99:

I kinda hate the mastery system.
Had a game in the KV-2 where I pretty much raped the other team with one shots. Carried the game, came out with multiple high rank awards including top gun, got a 1st class mastery. Since I was to tier everyone was either equal or lower so damage was kinda sub par
Played another battle, did kinda meh performance wise and died, got a couple common ribbons and got a mastery badge. Was mid tier in this one and because of that I got more damage.
Just seems a waste the game I owned on was less than the one I kinda "eh" through

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Atomizer posted:

The thing about the JT88 is that it's slow and not very fun to play, but fires cheap shells and does constant damage (potentially). The end result is that it's profitable, but difficult to win with (so you trade WR for credits) and not very enjoyable. Pref MM is a bonus, and while it's not that we're saying not to buy it under any circumstances, it's just not a "fun" tank, it's a "work" tank, if that analogy makes any sense. I don't think I've played mine in a year or two.

A lot of vehicles, particularly German ones, have weak lower glacis (I think that's both the singular and plural) although the JT88 actually appears (according to the 3D model at tanks.gg at least) to have a stronger plate than the tier 9 JT (120 vs 100 mm, respectively) which means the JT88's frontal hull is roughly 200 mm effective overall, versus the same for the upper but only ~160-170 for lower on the JT. That's not a ton of armor at tier 8 either way, so if at all possible get either vehicle hull-down to leverage the ~250 mm casemate (which still isn't even that spectacular.)

Since there wasn't a lot of discussion about this tank yesterday - aside from one comment - I watched some YouTube videos to get a proper feel for it and then... bought it. Yeah.

Anyway, I agree with everything you say here, from a mechanical standpoint. I am having fun, though, (because I'm just not used to being able to bounce 2000-4000 points of damage in a match, and it's amazing! I've always been on the other end of that horseshit), but holy crap are my win rates ABYSMAL! Right now, after 25 battles in it, I'm at 32%. I'm straining my head to think up a plausible justification for that, since 1) one team member, even inexperienced, should not make this big of a difference in a usually bad team, and 2) teams are completely randomized, so logically, the other side should have the same amount of shitters in the long term. You'd think that to reach this kind of low, you'd have to start firing on your own team from the get go. As a comparison, my win rates for all other recently used vehicles hover around 50 percent.

What a weird vehicle.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A Handed Missus posted:

I just can't get over how useless the Swedish tier VI tanks are :negative:
The Strv 74 gets pretty good once the turret and gun are upgraded. The Ikv 65 II though is just a miserable pile of poo poo all the way. I hate it.

Edit:
The Achilles is the absolute loving worst grind I can think of.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 10, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gimmick Account posted:

Since there wasn't a lot of discussion about this tank yesterday - aside from one comment - I watched some YouTube videos to get a proper feel for it and then... bought it. Yeah.

Anyway, I agree with everything you say here, from a mechanical standpoint. I am having fun, though, (because I'm just not used to being able to bounce 2000-4000 points of damage in a match, and it's amazing! I've always been on the other end of that horseshit), but holy crap are my win rates ABYSMAL! Right now, after 25 battles in it, I'm at 32%. I'm straining my head to think up a plausible justification for that, since 1) one team member, even inexperienced, should not make this big of a difference in a usually bad team, and 2) teams are completely randomized, so logically, the other side should have the same amount of shitters in the long term. You'd think that to reach this kind of low, you'd have to start firing on your own team from the get go. As a comparison, my win rates for all other recently used vehicles hover around 50 percent.

What a weird vehicle.

Small sample sizes. You aren't able to have an outsized effect on your battles with the JT88 since it is just too slow, so over those 25 battles you just happened to lose four or five more coinflips than average. Play more games and make more credits and it'll even out eventually.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:
The Achilles is the absolute loving worst grind I can think of.

Lol look at this poor deluded mother fucker, have fun with the next tank hombre.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Lol look at this poor deluded mother fucker, have fun with the next tank hombre.
Never mind I forgot about the T-34/100.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gimmick Account posted:

What a weird vehicle.

Personally I think win rate for the newer people is going to be a struggle to keep as high as previous people did. It might just be because I draw the short end of the stick, but watching entire teams melt no matter where you are or what you do happens vastly more often than before
I dunno if it's because MM prevents you from having heavy/medium/TD dominating teams, or arty not being able to carry as much, or if retards are really flooding into the game.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
With only 3 top tier tanks, if they're retarded you lose. If most of your mid tier tanks are retarded. You lose. If you get mm where they have heavies and you have mediums. You lose.

Basically there are a lot more ways for you to lose without even having a bad game. The inverse is also true. Alot of games end 15 to 4/5 these days.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

With only 3 top tier tanks, if they're retarded you lose. If most of your mid tier tanks are retarded. You lose. If you get mm where they have heavies and you have mediums. You lose.

Not all the time, I had a game on Sand River yesterday which was mostly meds (green), two e100s, some other heavies, and a T95 that just tried to roll through the river and they all died.

Good mediums can usually sway the battle either way.

quote:

I dunno if it's because MM prevents you from having heavy/medium/TD dominating teams, or arty not being able to carry as much, or if retards are really flooding into the game.

As a regular clicker, I feel that a big part is arty not being able to carry. In my tier 9 arty I can do like 8-1100 damage per minute. Sometimes higher if I get a lucky pen, but I only pen like 1% of the time. You can track and slow down a push, but you can't really put a dent in it, especially if the heavies hosed off and didn't do much damage to the pushing reds.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

thylacine posted:

Good mediums can usually sway the battle either way.

This is very true. I've had plenty of teams with competent meds that were able to roll the other team's heavies with no effort because they would swarm

quote:

As a regular clicker, I feel that a big part is arty not being able to carry. In my tier 9 arty I can do like 8-1100 damage per minute. Sometimes higher if I get a lucky pen, but I only pen like 1% of the time. You can track and slow down a push, but you can't really put a dent in it, especially if the heavies hosed off and didn't do much damage to the pushing reds.

Yeah, arty able to slow them down but not stop them is a huge part. Especially when the team gets rolled by theirs
Thankfully I can still one shot Jacksons though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

T-34-1 with the upgraded round 170 mm armor turret is hella nice