Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Saint Freak posted:

I have...at least 3 questions here for British people.

No hassle.

1. Maidenhead is a place, not anythign to do with virginity in this instance.
2. Yes, part of Ireland is still in the UK
3. I dunno man, some people just use tablets to film stuff instead of their phone, seems kind of strange to me too if I'm honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Why the gently caress is Elmo on the far right of that photo?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Regalingualius posted:

Why the gently caress is Elmo on the far right of that photo?

He's running for parliament.

edit: So was this guy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
No one knows if that's the same Lord Buckethead who has run before, because he isn't required to actually have any identification?

That's amazing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lord Buckethead reminds me of someone from my childhood...

I guess he's decided to take down organised government from the inside.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/SZ61xzQ.gifv

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

That's the smile of a lady who just got a faceful/handful of athletic butt

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That guy owes her a beer.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

There's quite a lot packed in here.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Not Operator posted:

He's running for parliament.

edit: So was this guy

So the UK has alot more Vermin supreme type candidates?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

RyokoTK posted:

dude in that blue red sox shirt is an agent of chaos.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Does that phone just snap in half or is the case falling off? I can't tell because the woman is still happy when she gets it back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

frodnonnag posted:

So the UK has alot more Vermin supreme type candidates?

sometimes they win elections too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1965569.stm

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

quote:

Hartlepool's residents are famously said to have hanged a monkey during the Napoleonic wars because they thought it was a French spy.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

CommonShore posted:

Hartlepool's residents are famously said to have hanged a monkey during the Napoleonic wars because they thought it was a French spy.

Ironically most animal testing labs also believe this.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://gifsound.com/?gifv=eDIEbEj&v=_mJSOaO7cAU&s=14
Australian 90's kids should get this.

Alt version:
https://gifsound.com/?gifv=eDIEbEj&v=6T3RS78Tp58
YOU'VE GOTTA CRACK A RIB SOLO

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Holy poo poo

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Maidenhead is the prime minister's riding - for 500 pounds you get to stand on the same stage as the PM and fire angry questions / rants / incoherent monkey screeches at her, if you live in the riding when the election is called (or some other time limit residency thing - Brits can clear up the details here). I'd need to see similar photos of the official riding-by-riding results gatherings for ridings in which nobody famous or important was the incumbent, but I think May's riding would have the largest number of people and lunatics on stage.

For Americans, think about how many New Yorkers would have happily shelled out a mere $637 to share a stage with both Trump and Clinton?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Best Fenway gif ever.
Here comes the peetzer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSQMXLO95w

RyokoTK posted:

The most crap packed into a single baseball gif.

Watch any individual person in that crowd. It's a hit parade. (Nothing beats "gently caress you" guy.)
I guess the schadenfreude is that the Yankees lost that game 10-3 and the series as well.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WoodrowSkillson posted:

:stare:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The Gesticulator strikes again! Is no baseball game safe from his tyranny!?!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Tony Phillips posted:

The most crap packed into a single baseball gif.

Watch any individual person in that crowd. It's a hit parade. (Nothing beats "gently caress you" guy.)
I guess the schadenfreude is that the Yankees lost that game 10-3 and the series as well.

Can't pose Yankeesfan.gif without the extensive breakdown.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/5/31/2995814/yankeesfans-gif-animated-yankee-enthusiasts-story

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sunswipe posted:

Lord Buckethead reminds me of someone from my childhood...

I guess he's decided to take down organised government from the inside.

I was thinking more someone else

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Robhol posted:

Former leader of the Liberal Democrats, who formed the lesser partner in the 2010-2015 coalition government. In the 2010 election he gained unprecedented popularity for himself and his party, especially among young people, largely based on a pledge to eliminate university tuition fees. Then as soon as the election was over he immediately abandoned that in favour of tripling fees instead, which among other things gained him a well-deserved reputation as a huge liar and backstabber. He went from being massively popular to being near universally reviled among students and the young (who form a major part of the Lib Dem's core voting base) nearly overnight.

The Tories actually offered not to raise tuition fees and despite this Clegg opted to go along with tripling them. This betrayal of the Lib Dem core voter base was punished in the next election when their seats went from 52 to 8. In the 2017 election they've managed to get back to 12, but the damage lingers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That...just seems like poorly conceived political suicide however you slice it? What did he gain out of that move?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

marshmallow creep posted:

That...just seems like poorly conceived political suicide however you slice it? What did he gain out of that move?

Short sighted for sure, they got a whiff of power as kingmakers in a coalition and threw away all their principles. The polls in the following election pointed to a hung parliament, so they positioned themselves as the only party who could help form a government with one of the other two.

The Tories then got a majority (which they now just threw away) and promptly threw the Lib Dems out on their arse, and their share of seats in parliament was annihilated.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

marshmallow creep posted:

They sold their souls to get the conservatives to agree to run a referendum on a new voting system that would benefit smaller parties like the lib dems in the future. The conservatives talked them down to the shittiest possible version of said voting system, and then aggressively campaigned against it on the basis that it was poo poo.

Not Operator has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Jun 9, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mak0rz posted:

I was thinking more someone else

While I was reminded of this fun chap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irD2LRnjTBo

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ludicro posted:

Short sighted for sure, they got a whiff of power as kingmakers in a coalition and threw away all their principles. The polls in the following election pointed to a hung parliament, so they positioned themselves as the only party who could help form a government with one of the other two.

The Tories then got a majority (which they now just threw away) and promptly threw the Lib Dems out on their arse, and their share of seats in parliament was annihilated.

Anyone who saw what the Green Party did in Germany a decade or so before had to see that exact scenario coming.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rise from the void, gschmidl

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

e: oh, NOW it's a double post. Sorry.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Not Operator posted:

They sold their souls to get the conservatives to agree to run a referendum on a new voting system that would benefit smaller parties like the lib dems in the future. The conservatives talked them down to the shittiest possible version of said voting system, and then aggressively campaigned against it on the basis that it was poo poo.

Eugh,i forgot how hosed up that whole mess was.

Those billboards, christ.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zz76_C97GI

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

they are trying to figure out whether it means "a person who fucks a mother, in general" (which could be applied to millions of men without it being an insult) or "a person who fucks their own mother" (which is universally offensive).

goons.txt

Schadenfreude deffo on us trying to parse/explain this

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bashing fashes brings a warm joy to my heart, a soldering fire that I stoke by listening to the laments of those proud cowards whine about how unfair it is to fight superior numbers of "faggots".

I am disappointed that hate is all that makes me happy, but I'll take solace where I can.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

Bashing fashes brings a warm joy to my heart, a soldering fire that I stoke by listening to the laments of those proud cowards whine about how unfair it is to fight superior numbers of "faggots".

I am disappointed that hate is all that makes me happy, but I'll take solace where I can.

It's particularly satisfying when it's the ones who cosplay as Spartans who bitch about numbers.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
From going to football matches you can always tell who actually wants a fight and who wants to be seen wanting a fight but not having one. These guys are like the "hooligans" who always make the most noise but keep the police in between them and their rivals while constantly filming themselves so they never do any thing.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Lol are they really calling the kids cucks as they're literally running away from them?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Alpha as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Saint Freak posted:

I have...at least 3 questions here for British people.

The woman in the t-shirt is Yemi Hailemariam, who is campaigning on behalf of Andy Tsenge, a British man kidnapped while in Africa and given the death sentence in Ethiopia for opposing their political views.

The man in all black with the bucket on his head is our Lord Buckethead, whose policies include "The abolition of the Lords (except me) and A moratorium until 2022 on whether Birmingham should be converted into a star base.

The woman in red is a lich Theresa May.

Anything else?

quote:

a candidate going by the name of Lord Buckethead has stood for parliament in several United Kingdom general elections [1987, 1992, 2017], but on every occasion his face was obscured as he was wearing a bucket on his head

quote:

he ran against Margaret Thatcher for parliament in Finchley in 1987, and against John Major in Huntingdon in 1992. In 2017, he ran in Maidenhead, opposing Theresa May.

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Jun 9, 2017