Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Agreed. Whatever happens, Al-Andalus will always need more soldiers, though hopefully they'll prove a bit more loyal than the last batch.

A slight alteration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, the Dalai Ullama, propose we force vassalize Aragon, force convert them to Sunni, and then use their claims to get more land from France. we'll have Aragon convert our prnvinces for us.

This is too delicious to not support.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

A slight alteration.

Still good. What Catholics are close enough for us to bother fighting anyway? France and Italy are the main Protestants, and our main problems in Europe.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I propose the Tolerance Act, which mandates that the Humanism is our highest priority, idea group wise.

I support this.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Soup du Jour posted:

We have established a strong presence in the Caribbean, and it is time to look beyond. Al-Andalus's future lies in the great rivers of the New World! I propose the Riverine Colonization Act, mandating that we establish colonial nations around the two great rivers of the New World, with priority given to the Northern River as we have no outpost there. He who controls the rivers, controls trade. (basically create colonial nations around the Mississippi and Amazon, starting with the Misssissippi.)

Do I have to post the trade map again? Seriously?

Mexico and Central America are much better for us, especially if we control all of the Caribbean. Mississippi is nice, but our priority should be the gold in Central America.

Mikl posted:

Esteemed colleagues, I will keep this short. Other nations are making advances in al-Qaribiya, and this is unacceptable. We settled that island chain first, so it is rightfully ours.

I know some of you might object that we have enough troubles at home to worry about someplace so far away, but while Iberia is where the heart is, the colonies are made of gold.

Therefore, I propose the Those Fxxxers - Our poo poo Act: take Taghzir from the Almoravids, by all means necessary.

Maximizing our control of the Caribbean is paramount for maximizing our income. I support this motion.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 9, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Grizzwold posted:

I propose the Religious Unity Act, directing the sultan to convert as many provinces as possible to the true faith, prioritizing catholic regions. At least the Shia are Muslims.

I support this. We'll deal with correcting our brethren later, they still recite the five daily prayers and fulfil the observances.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

I am proposing the Stepping Stone Act. Instead of focusing on the continental rivers, let us leapfrog from our islands to the landmass directly beyond them - Central America, and make that our next colonial priority.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 10, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

We have established a strong presence in the Caribbean, and it is time to look beyond. Al-Andalus's future lies in the great rivers of the New World! I propose the Riverine Colonization Act, mandating that we establish colonial nations around the two great rivers of the New World, with priority given to the Northern River as we have no outpost there. He who controls the rivers, controls trade. (basically create colonial nations around the Mississippi and Amazon, starting with the Misssissippi.)

I support this measure.

(OOC: As someone who lives in Mississippi, becoming a Hispanic Muslim colony would be too good for the rednecks here.)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, the Dalai Ullama, propose we force vassalize Aragon, force convert them to Sunni, and then use their claims to get more land from France. we'll have Aragon convert our prnvinces for us.

edit: Now with more llama

I vote with my esteemed llama colleague

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I propose we maintain our navy to the highest standard. Our navy is of vital importance to our war efforts, as we have seen when it's been destroyed in previous wars.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Rodyle posted:

I propose the Al-Andalus Under Arms Act. This grants the sultan mandate to do whatever it takes to maximize our effective manpower. This includes the construction of barracks, preference for manpower in special events, and alliances with enemies of France or Morocco.

Addendum: said alliances include the Catholic League

I support this. Our brothers forget that the horse must pull the cart, and that we lost alot of horses. And we need more. In front of the cart. So we can pull the French and Moroccans to their deaths. Behind the cart.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Gametalk: For the record, force vassalize + force convert = 100% liberty desire for dozens of years, meaning anybody who dislikes us can snuggle up to disloyal Aragon and land their armies there to kick us in the teeth. It's opening a back door into our lands without giving us much in return. If you're planning on force conversion, you really should fully eat the country and release it so it loves you for releasing it.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

gbuchold posted:

Gametalk: For the record, force vassalize + force convert = 100% liberty desire for dozens of years, meaning anybody who dislikes us can snuggle up to disloyal Aragon and land their armies there to kick us in the teeth. It's opening a back door into our lands without giving us much in return. If you're planning on force conversion, you really should fully eat the country and release it so it loves you for releasing it.

I didn't know this, but I suspected as much. Goons! How do we always instinctively go towards the worst possible option?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

I propose the Religious Unity Act, directing the sultan to convert as many provinces as possible to the true faith, prioritizing catholic regions. At least the Shia are Muslims.

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, support this proposal. Converting the Northern Aragonés might bring more tension, we need to prioritise those who already fall under the Sultan's domain.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grizzwold posted:

I support this.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Grizzwold posted:

Yes, the Christians are misguided and can be forgiven. But the Shia rebel against God's realm. They must be brought back into the true path before it's too late for them.

I support this

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

gbuchold posted:

Whoopsie! Addendum Change it to that we eat them, then release them, as I just now remembered that also force converts them as long as they're from a different religious group. (though I had thought they got rid of the likes you just after you eat them then release them thing since it was kind of gamey.)

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Soup du Jour posted:

As much as I want to see Morocco punished for taking OUR ISLANDS we need peace right now. Thus I support this act.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Whoopsie! Addendum Change it to that we eat them, then release them, as I just now remembered that also force converts them as long as they're from a different religious group. (though I had thought they got rid of the likes you just after you eat them then release them thing since it was kind of gamey.)

I support the addendum (and the original idea as well)

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Slaan posted:

Yes, the Christians are misguided and can be forgiven. But the Shia rebel against God's realm. They must be brought back into the true path before it's too late for them.

I support this

That attitude seems to be at odds with the proposal you're backing, though? I wrote it to focus on converting the Christians first.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Grizzwold posted:

That attitude seems to be at odds with the proposal you're backing, though? I wrote it to focus on converting the Christians first.

You're right. I transposed Shia and Muslim in my head!

But Allah willed this vote so it stands

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

WilliamAnderson posted:

Do I have to post the trade map again? Seriously?

Mexico and Central America are much better for us, especially if we control all of the Caribbean. Mississippi is nice, but our priority should be the gold in Central America.

I'm a little biased but I think this is worth considering re: the river act.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

I'm a little biased but I think this is worth considering re: the river act.

Seriously. I admit I made the mistake of being distracted by the rivers as well, but I owned up and proposed the Stepping Stone Act to make up for it.

Vote for the Stepping Stone Act! Central America has Gold, God, and Glory!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Colonizing the rivers is more narratively interesting, creates more future Andalusi successor states, and it's not like the Majlis voting is all about playing optimally anyway. We went a solid century without converting all the land we conquered, after all.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

Colonizing the rivers is more narratively interesting, creates more future Andalusi successor states, and it's not like the Majlis voting is all about playing optimally anyway. We went a solid century without converting all the land we conquered, after all.

On the other hand, Central America in this timeline is full of actual Native empires and South America and North America are comparatively empty.

In this case, the optimal play is actually also the more narratively interesting play because it puts us in more direct contact with actual players.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I am proposing the Stepping Stone Act. Instead of focusing on the continental rivers, let us leapfrog from our islands to the landmass directly beyond them - Central America, and make that our next colonial priority.

Switching to support this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Seriously look at this map. See where all the interesting poo poo is? It's in and around Central America! Don't you want to neighbor the great Polynesian Californian state???

Of course you do. :colbert:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Policies right now, let me know if I missed something:

Rodyle posted:

I propose the Al-Andalus Under Arms Act. This grants the sultan mandate to do whatever it takes to maximize our effective manpower. This includes the construction of barracks, preference for manpower in special events, and alliances with enemies of France or Morocco.

Addendum: said alliances include the Catholic League

Rodyle, Lord Cyrahzax, Dick Trauma.

Luhood posted:

I, Lutfi al-Uthman of the New Taifas, propose the Cutting the French act. We are to declare war upon France in a moment of their weakness, NOT to seize any lands but to free lands from French yoke.
List of demands over here.

Luhood.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Ralepozozaxe, Erwin the German, ThatBasqueGuy, Hitlers Gay Secret.

Nine of Eight posted:

I propose the Make the heathens bleed act that stipulates we should build up a web of Christians that hate the French around them. I acquiesce that we may be deceived as we were by those Celt bastards, but if we can get even a few Christian states to bleed for us when we next fight the French, we will be the essential winners overall.

Nine of Eight.

Grizzwold posted:

Grizzwold, Snipee, AJ_Impy, Chatrapati, The Lone Badger, Slaan.

Mikl posted:

Therefore, I propose the Those Fxxxers - Our poo poo Act: take Taghzir from the Almoravids, by all means necessary.

Mikl, Frionnel, Mr.Morgenstern, WilliamAnderson.

Soup du Jour posted:

Soup du Jour, Talas, Ikasuhito, Technowolf, Rubix Squid.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the D.R.E.A.M. Vacay Act: Prioritize colonization of the mainland (anywhere on the coast of the gulf) however the Sultan sees fit. This explicitly includes taking land from native empires in war as a suggested possibility, but not a requirement.

Thordain.

Captain Oblivious, GunnerJ.

catlord posted:

I propose we maintain our navy to the highest standard. Our navy is of vital importance to our war efforts, as we have seen when it's been destroyed in previous wars.

catlord.

TildeATH posted:

I propose We Assemble a Crew to counteract the bloody conflict that will surely come. The Sultan should improve relations and find alliances with local powers to offset the strength of the Almovorids and France, especially Provence.

TildeATH.

gbuchold posted:

I propose the Enemy Mine act, that our incomparable sultan keep his eagle eye on the Evangelical conflict, prepare for war, and aim to attack France and Castile at a point of vulnerability, with the aim to seize land in the south of France and release it as a Sunni vassal state.

gbuchold.

Mountaineer posted:

I propose we join the Catholic League. While it may seem strange to involve Al-Andalus in a Christian religious conflict/HRE political conflict, a League war could have consequences for all of Europe including us. France leads the Protestant League and may be in a position to become emperor should they win, and that would only be bad for Al-Andalus.

Mountaineer.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 10, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Before I make this addendum official, I should warn you that we already control a bunch of Aragonese cores, so releasing them would mean we lose out on our own provinces. Additionally, if we do release Aragon they'll still be Catholic, because the releasing country takes the religion of their capital (Barcelona) first and foremost.

But also, like others have said, we can still force convert them using subject interactions at the expense of liberty desire, if you're still set on your policy. That's the best I can do for what you want.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 10, 2017

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hashim posted:

Before I make this addendum official, I should warn you that we already control a bunch of Aragonese cores, so releasing them would mean we lose out on our own provinces. Additionally, if we do release Aragon they'll still be Catholic, because the releasing country takes the religion of their capital (Barcelona) first and foremost.

But also, like others have said, we can still force convert them using subject interactions at the expense of liberty desire, if you're still set on your policy. That's the best I can do for what you want.

Then throw the addendum in the trash, as giving them too much land would be hellish.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

TildeATH posted:

I propose We Assemble a Crew to counteract the bloody conflict that will surely come. The Sultan should improve relations and find alliances with local powers to offset the strength of the Almovorids and France, especially Provence.

I support this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Supporting this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Only thing I'd say Hashim is to delete my vote from the Riverine Colonization Act, since I abandoned that to advocate for Stepping Stone.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 10, 2017

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

We have already a Gothic Mexico in a LP. Can we go for something else? It doesn't have to be super efficient, just interesting.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Change my vote from Aragon to the Religious Unity Act then. We need more religious stability before dabbling in a war with the Christians.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I strongly suggest our Merchant compatriots focus on taking all the islands, not the mainland.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I strongly suggest our Merchant compatriots focus on taking all the islands, not the mainland.

If the Fxxers act passes along with one of the mainland acts, we can do both.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Griswold's religious unity act

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Grizzwold posted:

Switching my vote to this instead, Aragon plan sounds bad mechanically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Snipee posted:

I didn't know this, but I suspected as much. Goons! How do we always instinctively go towards the worst possible option?

Kind of answered your own question, there.