Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Obama 2012 posted:

I'm fairly sure by this time tomorrow 'I would be 100% willing to testify under oath' will have become 'I didn't understand the question'.

"You want me to swear and oath but got upset when I asked Comey to swear an oath, checkmate libs!"

[Dog Court]
https://youtu.be/QGH3cfgjwPc

farraday fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/873271121361162240

although this is a request, those requests are usually followed up with a subpoena if not complied with, and since the republican is on board you can issue a subpoena

Yessss.

Though I'm leery of Conaway's angle here. He was behind Trump early on, I think. And he's not in a risky seat. Maybe he just legitimately want sto get to the bottom of this whole matter, but ehhh...

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I wouldn't put it past Trump Co. to scramble to forge recordings, if none were made at the time.

but with all the voices played by trump

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

I think you mean John Miller.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

And John Miller and John Barron, of course :v:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ReidRansom posted:

Yessss.

Though I'm leery of Conaway's angle here. He was behind Trump early on, I think. And he's not in a risky seat. Maybe he just legitimately want sto get to the bottom of this whole matter, but ehhh...
Maybe he doesn't think there are tapes.

If you think that the tapes don't exist, asking to see them is a no-risk move; it makes you look like a tough investigator without any possibility of actually hurting the party or the White House. Of course, if the tapes don't exist then not just coming out and saying that is one of the biggest, stupidest unforced errors of an administration chock full of unforced errors.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mister Mind posted:

In this fast-paced thread, this is way out of date, but God drat - NUKE OHIO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCf3mPUgsac

i blacked out for a second and didn't realize i popped idiocracy into the youtube slot

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/873266858862030849

No way Trump doesn't perjure himself if he goes under oath.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Yessss.

Cynicism aside Congress on both sides does have a huge interest in getting this mess sorted. Trump is poisoning public opinion to the point where if they don't act there will be zero confidence in ALL government when he finally goes down.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My brain might be entirely broken but I just rewatched the questions and it almost kinda seems like trump thinks he is being asked "would you put comey under oath to make him pledge loyalty" when he agrees to the reporter saying "under oath"

I noticed the same thing. He was definitely confused.

ReidRansom posted:

Yessss.

Is this equivalent to a subpoena? Does the Whitehouse have to respond? It doesn't sound like it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/873266858862030849

No way Trump doesn't perjure himself if he goes under oath.

:ssh: that article/picture says the opposite of what you think it says :ssh:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Yeah. Trump cares about as much about being under oath as he does about sexual consent.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Paracaidas posted:

what

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Yessss.

Republicans want the loving tapes story to end. Either there are tapes, in which case Trump is very hosed and they'd rather get it over with sooner rather than later, or there's not and the story goes away except for some mocking of Trump.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Mister Mind posted:

In this fast-paced thread, this is way out of date, but God drat - NUKE OHIO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCf3mPUgsac

Yeah, this is pretty :psyduck:. It's a good reminder of how much of an information bubble these people are in, though. They haven't watched the Lester Holt interview (or only saw out-of-context clips), they don't trust the mainstream media, and all the info they get is from social media, Breitbart, their friends and family members, etc. They aren't bad people, and they're not trying to be dishonest. They just...really are that incredibly ignorant.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the article says trump lies relentlessly normally, and got confronted with it under oath

it doesn't say he got caught lying under oath

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Paracaidas posted:

:ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: does it? :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh: :ssh:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

Yeah, this is pretty :psyduck:. It's a good reminder of how much of an information bubble these people are in, though. They haven't watched the Lester Holt interview (or only saw out-of-context clips), they don't trust the mainstream media, and all the info they get is from social media, Breitbart, their friends and family members, etc. They aren't bad people, and they're not trying to be dishonest. They just...really are that incredibly ignorant.

No they're bad people, and ignorant.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Paracaidas posted:

that he told the truth 30 times?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/873271121361162240

although this is a request, those requests are usually followed up with a subpoena if not complied with, and since the republican is on board you can issue a subpoena

Those are two democrats making the request. Gowdy won't sign that and neither will Nunes, so the white house will just ignore the request.

nevermind, this is big, Conaway is a Republican.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 9, 2017

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

evilweasel posted:

the article says trump lies relentlessly normally, and got confronted with it under oath

The point I was making is he lies frequently and for no reason at all. He literally can't help himself. The chances of him lying under oath are extremely high.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

evilweasel posted:

I wouldn't say it's the opposite, though. Just not direct corroboration.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

The point I was making is he lies frequently and for no reason at all. He literally can't help himself. The chances of him lying under oath are extremely high.

Or having to admit to lies and looking like a moron.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

"Trump's falsehoods were unstrategic, needless, highly specific, easy to disprove."

I love this line so much.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Those are two democrats making the request. Gowdy won't sign that and neither will Nunes, so the white house will just ignore the request.

nevermind, this is big, Conaway is the Republican chair.

conaway is an R rep from the greAT STATE OF TEJAS

edit you edited but i STILL LIKE TYPIN TEJAS

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

"Trump's falsehoods were unstrategic, needless, highly specific, easy to disprove."

I love this line so much.

Who said this?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah. Trump cares about as much about being under oath as he does about sexual consent.

I predict that putting Donald Trump being under oath will be about as productive as trying to teach a dog loving algebra.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Forget lying, though. Any committee is going to have its hands full just getting a coherent sentence out of his piss-addled brain. He's going to ramble worse than McCain, and by the time he finishes a sentence they'll have forgotten what question they asked him.

^ Yeah, this.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Majorian posted:

you're probs a better person than me but your relentless need to defend stupid idiots who vote to take away the liberties of other citizens because they just can't help getting conned forever is some weird form of apologia i don't really have a categorical description for

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I would suspect a majority of the country doesn't think Trump would bat an eye at lying under oath.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ReidRansom posted:

Yessss.

Surely at some point somebody must have done the math on how much more of their agenda they could have rammed through by now if not for Donnie constantly trying to burn everything to the ground, perhaps while looking meaningfully at Mike Pence.

Maybe not so much that they'll actively gun for him, but enough that they've ceased to care if he forces their hand.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Fart City posted:

I predict that putting Donald Trump being under oath will be about as productive as trying to teach a dog loving algebra.

you gotta get the dog to stop thrusting its hips into polynomials first ya see

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Surely at some point somebody must have done the math on how much more of their agenda they could have rammed through by now if not for Donnie constantly trying to burn everything to the ground, perhaps while looking meaningfully at Mike Pence.

i think it's pretty naive to not consider the reality that the gop has had an ejection strategy for trump from the moment he won the nomination; they're waiting for the right time to receive as little blowback as possible

hell even their most recent defense of him (lol he's just a silly citizen who doesn't know the rules!) is far from an actual defense. they've gotta recognize that and i can't help but consider the choice to go that route instead of, say, an actual defense pretty intentional.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Fart City posted:

In the sense that you are trying to convict the dog of being incapable of algebra, it can be very productive.

Putting Trump under oath and asking questions would be a dream scenario. He can't handle it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

eyebeem posted:

Yeah, I would suspect a majority of the country doesn't think Trump would bat an eye at lying under oath.

"If I get caught I can just pardon myself immediately, right?"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Who said this?

It's from the article in that tweet that evilweasel posted.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

skylined! posted:

i think it's pretty naive to not consider the reality that the gop has had an ejection strategy for trump from the moment he won the nomination; they're waiting for the right time to receive as little blowback as possible

No the GOP does not have some multi year long master plan to take out Trump. If they were that competent we'd have President Jeb! right now.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

skylined! posted:

you gotta get the dog to stop thrusting its hips into polynomials first ya see

:ocelot:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Kavros posted:

In the sense that you are trying to convict the dog of being incapable of algebra, it can be very productive.

Putting Trump under oath and asking questions would be a dream scenario. He can't handle it.

Oh the beautiful thing is he'd admit to literally anything if you frames it right
Ask him if he was smart enough to have kidnapped the Lindberg baby and he'd give you ten minutes of how his plan was the best plan, so successful, that baby never even saw it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/873262018454859776

Plus another 11 million on facebook

• Locked thread