Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Well, weekday lag seems manageable, just bought a tri liverto and tri ap dagger, time to shoot lightning or fire or whatever it is witches do I guess :v:

It IS lighting, and it's pretty good so far. Of course, it's a level 30 character with almost 200 AP, so it's gonna be good regardless

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
SHIFT + RMB is stellar for clearing out hordes of weak or low level enemies (or great for leveling when you have high relative AP)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Ineptitude posted:

SHIFT + RMB is stellar for clearing out hordes of weak or low level enemies (or great for leveling when you have high relative AP)

residual lightning is much better since you can move the large aoe after the first tick of damage. If you have the gear you can easily wipe two or 3 camps with a single lightning/residual if you kill one with lighting, and one with each of the residual ticks. It is by far the best grinding skill pre awakening

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Where does money from Marketplace sales go? Do I have to collect it? I recall having to do that when I played a while back - I listed at a specific marketplace person, and I thought I picked the money up from her.

This time I listed from the Warehouse guy, but I don't see anything about collecting money from him. Do I have to collect from the specific Marketplace npc?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Devor posted:

Where does money from Marketplace sales go? Do I have to collect it? I recall having to do that when I played a while back - I listed at a specific marketplace person, and I thought I picked the money up from her.

This time I listed from the Warehouse guy, but I don't see anything about collecting money from him. Do I have to collect from the specific Marketplace npc?

Any marketplace NPC will let you collect money.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Devor posted:

I don't know about the second one, since I always list at the market npc, but when you collect money from sales it goes into the storage for that city.

So yesterday I kind of got my footing again remembering what/where I used to gather and why, and set my farm fences back up; I guess today I'll have a look at the houses I own and figure out what I was/should be producing to make my money. I was passively generating a good 100+mil a week before I quit, so I'm hoping to get back up to that. Then maybe I can really make a dent in upgrading my currently useless boss gear (although I was pretty please to see I had Bheg's at 14 already, so that's a nice start, as well as explaining why I'm so low on memory fragments). It still sort of stings to have hundreds of millions in gear that isn't worth wearing yet.

As to guilds: I kind of want the gathering/fishing/ap/etc perks that come with a guild, but I had my fill of random wars and having my boss alts ganked or the odd wardec over a grind rotation - should I just stay unguilded and do all the karma bombing in the world? Is karma bombing still a thing? Because I loving LOVE IT and it was VERY frowned upon when I was guilded :v: Also, nodewars can gently caress right off. Guild bosses were cool though. I'm conflicted.

edit: gently caress yeah, golden items event just started, time to make dat money! I splashed out big on cheap armorstones and witch weapons, time to recoup a little bit!

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 7, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Rocketpriest posted:

As to guilds: I kind of want the gathering/fishing/ap/etc perks that come with a guild, but I had my fill of random wars and having my boss alts ganked or the odd wardec over a grind rotation - should I just stay unguilded and do all the karma bombing in the world? Is karma bombing still a thing? Because I loving LOVE IT and it was VERY frowned upon when I was guilded :v: Also, nodewars can gently caress right off. Guild bosses were cool though. I'm conflicted.

As far as I know Parks and Rec doesn't dec so that should be fine.

And yes karma bombing is still a thing but there are plenty of guilds who don't give a gently caress if you do it.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

As far as I know Parks and Rec doesn't dec so that should be fine.

Well sure, but you can still have war declared on your guild, can't you? I've definitely had wars declared on my previous guild over spots I was grinding.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Rocketpriest posted:

Well sure, but you can still have war declared on your guild, can't you? I've definitely had wars declared on my previous guild over spots I was grinding.

I'm not in PnR but my understanding is that they have never declared GvG or done node wars making them impossible to dec on.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Only other guilds that do not own land can declare on each other.
However, we've never had a war dec on us and I don't see it happening much.
And the other thing that we can do is put people in protection which basically negates a war dec.
I've karma bombed some people before in the past and didn't get dec'ed on so I'm pretty sure we're ok.
Pretty much everyone in guild can invite so just spam discord for an invite.

PNR is a casual guild although with the revival of BDO, we're also experiencing a revival of sorts. However, as people get to the end game and see how grindy it is, I'm sure it'll dwindle down again.
We're running GQs daily and burning through most of them.
Guild skills, we have a decent chunk of the combat ones and we're working towards the GM summon/teleport skill.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

How long until you follow step and sperg about goons not having balls or doing gqs

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
Did we wind up getting all those rough stones last night?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

nohopeindope posted:

Did we wind up getting all those rough stones last night?

Yeah and we did a second rough stone quest right after it

Deception
Nov 6, 2004
Your an idiot
My an idiot
Three goons looking for an invite. Tradijen, Lienosha, Vilnec all 55 close to 56 help us not be noobs.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Drythe posted:

How long until you follow step and sperg about goons not having balls or doing gqs

I mean - if you want a spergy guild rather than a casual - and you are 56+ with ~400GS - I'm happy to hear from you as I'm in a spergy guild cause PnR didn't seem spergy enough...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

A couple of questions i have literally never seen any youtuber address:

1. When you assign a worker to a node you can assign "times", i assume this is how many times the worker will perform the task? (Ok i kinda know that this is the case, i just find it strange that no one has ever addressed it), my actual question is; if i keep feeding them beer will they keep doing that task for the 50000 times i have assigned them?

2. Do they walk back to town and back to the task after every single task completion or only after they have completed the entire quantity of assigned tasks (or run out of energy)?

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

A couple of questions i have literally never seen any youtuber address:

1. When you assign a worker to a node you can assign "times", i assume this is how many times the worker will perform the task? (Ok i kinda know that this is the case, i just find it strange that no one has ever addressed it), my actual question is; if i keep feeding them beer will they keep doing that task for the 50000 times i have assigned them?

2. Do they walk back to town and back to the task after every single task completion or only after they have completed the entire quantity of assigned tasks (or run out of energy)?

1. Yeah, they will continue to work until they run out of stamina.

2. They walk back to town and return to work after each task.

Arcade fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 9, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks

Another question i forgot, it seems that you get a tiny increase in weight limit every time you level up?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks

Another question i forgot, it seems that you get a tiny increase in weight limit every time you level up?

When you level up strenght iirc - but it's really minimal - the only meaningful increases are via pearls or loyalty points.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
That said, it's not a terrible idea to grab a single trade item and walk an auto-loop path overnight once or twice. It's true that 2 weight per level is pretty lackluster, but I got my Lifeskill Dude to strength 30 over a couple nights and you can't beat free.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

There are times a worker will have stamina and their auto repeat will disappear, I think it is when they gain a new skill? So you have to keep an eye out for that too.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Drythe posted:

goontang is the best its ever been with just me in the guild now

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Deception posted:

Three goons looking for an invite. Tradijen, Lienosha, Vilnec all 55 close to 56 help us not be noobs.

If you want to join Parks And Rec then you guys will need to hop onto Serendia 4 and whisper someone in guild for invite.

Drythe posted:

Karma bombing is the only way to PvP.
And whoever does GQs consistently get salary bump so meh.

I can only dream of sperging hard on comms and becoming internet famous for 15 minutes. :v:

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

lewtt posted:

goontang is the best its ever been with just me in the guild now

Wtf, you got Goontang back somehow?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Doing gqs to get promoted is real nice when you have a friend in the guild who always makes sure to promote you. I got promoted 4 days in a row and get paid 500k every day now. It doubles every time

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

TVDinna posted:

Wtf, you got Goontang back somehow?

no, but i'm enjoying the game much more without anything to manage

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lol manage

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
GOTY?

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Oh good I wasn't hallucinating all those Tim Allen faces.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

When you level up strenght iirc - but it's really minimal - the only meaningful increases are via pearls or loyalty points.

Every morning when i check BDO after a night of afk processing and having gained a level or two, my character has a tiny more weight limit. When i first started processing at level 15 i had something like 1170 weight limit, definitely under 1200. Now at 35 i have 1204. My gear is unchanged.
I can find no documentation on this online, i guess the search terms needed are too general.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

character level does increase weight

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Indeed, and by a decent amount as well

I went through all my characters, took off all their gear and checked their weight limit:

Level: weight limit

15: 348
36: 428
45: 467
53: 482

For level 15 i have 3 alts of different classes, all had the same LT. For level 36 i have 2 different classes with also widely different lifeskills (so lifeskills does not give increased LT)

I have never made a graph in excel before and was not able to make a simple f(x)=y one that would give useful data for the other levels.
Im assuming you get ~150 more LT from level 1 to awakened

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Every morning when i check BDO after a night of afk processing and having gained a level or two, my character has a tiny more weight limit. When i first started processing at level 15 i had something like 1170 weight limit, definitely under 1200. Now at 35 i have 1204. My gear is unchanged.
I can find no documentation on this online, i guess the search terms needed are too general.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE LAUNCHER ICON ON MY DESKTOP. ITS BLACK DESERT ONLINE. IMMEDIATELY I START AFK FISHING ALONGSIDE THE OTHER BOTS. SOMETIMES MY STATS GO UP. THIS IS NOT DOCUMENTED.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Don't pretend you ever close the game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You know how Alienware chat always get a response?

Saying anything that suggests GW2 is anything less than the best MMO ever and absolutely amazing in server chat works just as well, if not better.

Yes I'm talking about BDO server chat.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
What is with everyone talking about Alienware? Is it a meme? I see it every time I'm in Heidel.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

a dingus posted:

What is with everyone talking about Alienware? Is it a meme? I see it every time I'm in Heidel.

There is/was an event for striker release where the highest level/xp striker at the end gets an alienware computer. That's probably why it's common right now. I don't know if it was a thing before

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Am I remembering it wrong or didn't the fine print on that contest say it was the first striker to 60?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Blacula posted:

Am I remembering it wrong or didn't the fine print on that contest say it was the first striker to 60?

quote:

Grand Prize: The Highest level Striker at the end of the event period will win a brand new Alienware Aurora Gaming Desktop!

They apparently removed the part referencing the first to 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The Alienware meme is far older than the current promotion.

My first experience with it was during the Tera Online beta/launch when actual marketing shills were in chat during some promotion. People got pretty mad so basically pretending that you play on Alienware / that it's the best value / best computer ever / never drop frame rates / never disconnect / that Alienware boosts your DPS / that Alienware improves your RNG, etc etc quickly turned into a way to get a rise out of people who didn't know about the meme or realise you were actually trolling & not being serious. Some people get very angry about Alienware computers even existing so saying how wonderful they are is like tossing a lit match on fuel.

It's the less obvious version of starting a political discussion that's bound to spiral out of control.

So to summarize:

1) You definitely play on Alienware and by golly want to share that with everyone how great it is.
2) Trump/Hilary chat in any form
and
3) Guild Wars 2 is actually a pretty bad game that's dying, why do some holdouts still play it?

Bam, chat should start scrolling nicely.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 11, 2017