Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

Well my sex bot that I keep in a rubbermaid container only has featureless tan lumps for breasts, so if liking that is wrong I don't want to be right :colbert:

Where does this photo come from, and are there any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

D_Smart posted:

It's that bald guy in the back, isn't it? :grin:

That's him alright, ol' Pete himself.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BeigeJacket posted:

Star citizen has plenty of White Knights

Maybe what it needs now is a dark knight

*clenches fists*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Snazzy Frocks posted:

opossums appear to have poor chewing skills

Do they normally chew like muppets or did someone give them rawhide scraps?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
that guy seems to be posing in a gun store

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Snazzy Frocks posted:

that guy seems to be posing in a gun store

You've been to a lot of lovely gun stores, my friend.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
No respectable gun store owner would go amateur hour and put a tennis ball on his crossbow. Not in 'Murica buddy! :patriot:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he meant the dork knight, space bunny is clearly in a basement

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

BeigeJacket posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

That bunnyman photo is copyrighted material of Cloud Imperium Games Corporation & Roberts Space Industries Corp.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Besides the carpet that hasn't been vacuumed in 20 loving years, about the only two things in my mind left to identify is what is next to the katana on the floor and the black toy thing with red boots sitting on the shelf.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

What I took away from this clip last year was that they couldn't even fake a sizzle reel correctly and yet the fans still threw all their money at them.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

MilesK posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

That bunnyman photo is copyrighted material of Cloud Imperium Games Corporation & Roberts Space Industries Corp.

Boo, all the rest are boring or lame.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

From the "Star Citizen: Dreams that Don't Become Reality" postmortem book:

In a last ditch effort to raise funding before the game goes bankrupt; Chris Roberts posts a YouTube video of him climbing on top of a desk and taking a deuce on an autographed picture of Derek Smart.
Star Citizen raises $20 million more immediately and continues to limp along for another 3 months.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Here's the other bunnyman pictures. You can thank/blame Beet Wagon for this:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

BeigeJacket posted:

Boo, all the rest are boring or lame.

even Satan.png?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

BMan posted:

Here's the other bunnyman pictures. You can thank/blame Beet Wagon for this:

As an attendee of DragonCon for the last 9 years, I feel shame in what I've witnessed here.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

New schedule is out. I am preparing my disappointment

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

DarkRefreshment posted:

New schedule is out. I am preparing my disappointment

Every time I see Citizens readjusting their expectations I keep thinking about the Great Disappointment. That's when a bunch of people believed that Jesus would come back on October 22, 1844. They were CERTAIN of it, many people got rid of all their possessions as they wouldn't need them anymore etc. But then the date foretold rolls around and nothing special happens and all these people have to deal with the fallout of having their utterly sincerely held beliefs demonstrably crushed.

It turns out, people are surprisingly good at rolling with this kind of punch without needing to give up much in the way of their fool ideas.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Great Disappointment is a good analogy for citizens falling for the old Free Beer Tomorrow! trick with every Jesus patch.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
yup, this is gonna drop right before gamescom and they are going to be pushing this hard as an early release candidate

there's no other reason to put in a hint system for new players for a pre-alpha

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

So does 3.0 release tomorrow? This group wants me to come celebrate the release with them.

Please advise and do the needful.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So the latest 3.0 schedule is out. Here is a diff between previous and current versions.

Everything is now delayed to July 27th: which we know they're probably going to miss. Remember when I said they'd be lucky to see this release out by Gamescom?

HIGHLIGHTS

quote:

Line 47: Procedural Planets

Line 154: Netcode

Line 162-182: Cargo

Line 180: Repair. This was feature complete in the last schedule. Now it's back on the menu + 2 weeks.

Line 208-211: Component system (in case you missed it, read my latest Quora reply regarding performance issues)

Line 349: Volumetric Fog. Notice how it was due to be completed on June 9th (today), but somehow isn't marked as "Feature Complete"? Yeah, me too.

Line 378: Mission System Broker. Delayed a whole - freaking - month. LOL! I'm dying.

Yeah, no freaking way this gets anywhere near a July 27th release. The whole schedule is bullshit, really. On May 26th, I wrote an article based on leaks from sources who told me the live schedule was pure bullshit.

Looks like my sources who said the schedule was bullshit, and went all the way to 2021, were right again

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 9, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

D_Smart posted:

So the latest 3.0 schedule is out. Here is a diff between previous and current versions.

Everything is now delayed to July 27th: which we know they're probably going to miss. Remember when I said (see above) they'd be luck to see this release out by Gamescom?

HIGHLIGHTS

Yeah, no freaking way this gets anywhere near a July 27th release. The whole schedule is bullshit, really. On May 26th, I wrote an article based on leaks from sources who told me the live schedule was pure bullshit.

Looks like my sources who said the schedule was bullshit, and went all the way to 2021, were right again

So about 30 things got pushed back. 4 things were marked "completed" and 3 things went from "completed" to back in progress. They also added a bunch more tasks...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
landing succsfl

https://i.imgur.com/K1X2sdK.gifv

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

Everything is now delayed to July 27th: which we know they're probably going to miss. Remember when I said (see above) they'd be luck to see this release out by Gamescom?

HIGHLIGHTS

Well Derek. If you actually looked here(1) here(2)and here(3). You would see you are totally wrong. And furthermore...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sources say the sun is going to rise in the east tomorrow.

Tune in for called it :smug:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Has the schedule actually gotten any closer to release?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
just slightly closer to the end of infinity yes

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lladre posted:

Well Derek. If you actually looked here(1) here(2)and here(3). You would see you are totally wrong. And furthermore...

:allears:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Has the schedule actually gotten any closer to release?

OK, now you're just being silly.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wheres the schedule CIG

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wheres the schedule CIG

It's here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6gbekj/30_schedule_report_for_6921/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay so Citizens are basically at the point that this thread was at in early 2015.

:floodgatebreaking:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You've been to a lot of lovely gun stores, my friend.

i live in texas and i guess ive never seen a privately owned gun with a lock on it

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MilesK posted:

even Satan.png?

I can understand the other guys we're trying to role play rabbit aliens and being bad at it.

But I never understood toilet man. I mean, why? Is there really a guy(s?) out there dying to sit on the space toilet? What do they think is going to happen? A push minigame or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Ubik_Lives posted:

I don't own any of that stuff, I just have an agreement with the people who do.

Someone has been playing Freelancer.