Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

evilweasel posted:

the ceo of goldman sachs is personally making fun of the trump administration on twitter

what a time to be alive

https://twitter.com/lloydblankfein/status/873288013224267776

I'm almost certain we've moved from "worst timeline" to "comic book writers got bored and wrote a what-if" timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Majorian posted:

He's someone I'm comfortable calling a bad person, for the record. Because holy poo poo, how does someone find a way to condemn a duckling ramp?

You're talking about the same group of callous assholes who want to cut things like Meals on Wheels. Also remember its not like we live in a Kleptocracy (it sure does feel like it) but that every single of of these assholes was voted into office by your fellow citizens, with the full knowledge that getting angry about such tax-hoarding programs like duck ramps or food for the poor is what they want to abolish.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/873290687298646020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

:capitalism: I never go' nae handouts! I worked me fingers to the bone scrubbin the filthiest pair of boots in Glasgow for my first job, and the only payment I got was a worthless American dime! But I dinnae complain, I took it as a sign and vowed that I would one day go to America and make a name for myself and restore the glory of the clan McDuck!

Hey, Scrooge wasn't a capitalist - he didn't trust the banking system and kept all his money in the Bin.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

At least he didn't say gently caress.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh good now he can resign from his position for conduct unbecoming an elected official. Right? Right?! Sigh.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

did anyone mention the reporter he bodyslammed was being a shitter about the election yesterday? maybe gianforte was right...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hey, Scrooge wasn't a capitalist - he didn't trust the banking system and kept all his money in the Bin.

Incorrect. He kept only money he personally had earned in the bin. Money gained through subsidiaries and corporations he owned went into banks(and he owned a lot of banks) and other assets. The day of the stock market crash he walked into Wall Street and bought everything for pennies on the dollar.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Solaris 2.0 posted:

You're talking about the same group of callous assholes who want to cut things like Meals on Wheels.

e: nevermind, misread your post, lol.

Yes, I know, I'm not surprised. It's just always, you know. Bracing to see this type of petty shittiness in action.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Scrooge is a Paultard.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

evilmiera posted:

It is also kind of silly a thing to get mad about. You've got Washington DC, one of the biggest tourist traps you can imagine. You add a cute little set of duck ramps that both help tell people not to feed the ducks AND gets a chuckle or "Aaaaw" from the tourists, who'll flock, no pun intended, to take pictures of it and appreciate it. And probably also buy bread to do exactly what the signs tell you not to. It is an investment any way you slice it and I swear that was not a pun when I started out.

Ducks. Bread.

You save money and complaints by not having drowned ducklings accumulating in the pool anymore. This was already a cost-saving government project, the waste narrative is :wrong:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eh these Trump supporter pricks are perfectly happy living in squalor so long as their liberal/minority neighbor has it worse.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Incorrect. He kept only money he personally had earned in the bin. Money gained through subsidiaries and corporations he owned went into banks(and he owned a lot of banks) and other assets. The day of the stock market crash he walked into Wall Street and bought everything for pennies on the dollar.

Actually I think you'll find that he just preferred to keep his assets liquid which led to his accountant dumping it all into a lake when the Money Bin had to be moved.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can't believe the media would distort the testimony *never actually watched comey, repeat whatever hannity told me*

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/873291488146280448

Trump Thread: "Oh, it was like a total shitshow"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

I'm the former senior U.S. government official briefed on dinner.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:geno: no, please, dont cut back on defense spending :geno:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Majorian posted:

e: nevermind, misread your post, lol.

Yes, I know, I'm not surprised. It's just always, you know. Bracing to see this type of petty shittiness in action.

Well I get through it by hoping there are enough "woke" liberals to actually go out and vote in 2018 so we can actually make some changes. I know "Demographics" is a tired term we used to try to justify the death of the GOP, but Millennials are supposedly more liberal than Baby Boomers by a longshot. Also Millennials are reaching that age (early-mid 30s) where decisions made my idiot politicians actually negatively affect your life. This is the age where you are starting to buy houses, have families, and really start to care about healthcare access and schools. So it gives me hope that maybe Trump getting elected is the catalyst for my generation to get out and vote.

That and alcohol. I swear I drink more now than I did in college. At least it's good stuff now (hello lagavulin 16).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DaveWoo posted:

Foreign Policy's unending shriek of horror at Trump is another good subplot.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Well I get through it by hoping there are enough "woke" liberals to actually go out and vote in 2018 so we can actually make some changes. I know "Demographics" is a tired term we used to try to justify the death of the GOP, but Millennials are supposedly more liberal than Baby Boomers by a longshot. Also Millennials are reaching that age (early-mid 30s) where decisions made my idiot politicians actually negatively affect your life. This is the age where you are starting to buy houses, have families, and really start to care about healthcare access and schools. So it gives me hope that maybe Trump getting elected is the catalyst for my generation to get out and vote.

That and alcohol. I swear I drink more now than I did in college. At least it's good stuff now (hello lagavulin 16).

The thought of Millennials actually affording houses and families is hilarious.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

Depends where you live. Tons of millennials have six figure + software development jobs or are PHDs for pharmaceutical industries. But I live in-between the Baltimore/DC beltways which is a bubble of wealth.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Once mellenials finally vote in a progressive and raise wages, instead of spending them on housing they spend it all at Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Depends where you live. Tons of millennials have six figure + software development jobs or are PHDs for pharmaceutical industries. But I live in-between the Baltimore/DC beltways which is a bubble of wealth.

"tons"

the majority of millennials with houses got major help from family

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

I mean he's absolutely right. It's tragic, really. We all know ducks can't read. So all they see is a picture of themselves being fed with a big NO red circle stamped over it and they think "aw man this definitely isn't for me I need to get away from this thing" and they never use it. Hence the representatives tweet about it being wasteful.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/873290633871597573

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

There Bias Two posted:

Fifty-three percent of millennials own homes

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/23/millennial-money-myths-the-truth-about-homes-cars-and-ownership.html

also it's hilarious that the link I grabbed that from just can not stop itself from melting down to whine about millennials anyway and other things they buy

Smartphones: 98 percent
Energy drinks: 64 percent
Organic food: 54 percent
A home: 53 percent
Any item over $2,000: 40 percent
Tattoos: 40 percent
Musical instrument: 38 percent
Firearm: 26 percent
Siracha sauce: 16 percent

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Guy Farting posted:

In his Fresh Air interview he mentions that Mrs Sessions knitted a sweater or something for his granddaughter and they were friends until recently. Kinda sad.

But yes Sessions is a racist sack of poo poo.

Who was friends? What granddaughter.

edit: I found a transcript http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=530213909

Hard to believe Franken would even be civil to Sessions, let alone "friendly."

beejay fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 9, 2017

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

"tons"

the majority of millennials with houses got major help from family

So what? They still vote Democratic. So what if they have generational wealth? Whatever, liberal purity tests as often displayed in this thread is why we lose.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

DaveWoo posted:

Please.

e: the thread title. Also clearly the quotee is a youngish American because like, I don't think, like, foreign leaders talk that way.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'd very much like to see their definition of millennial as well as their survey methodology.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

DaveWoo posted:

Don't worry Chris Cillizza (I don't care how it is spelled) still thinks it went well.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/23/millennial-money-myths-the-truth-about-homes-cars-and-ownership.html

also it's hilarious that the link I grabbed that from just can not stop itself from melting down to whine about millennials anyway and other things they buy

Unless "any item over $2000" doesn't include cars, 40% seems really low.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmao

Serious question: does the White House chef decide on the menu, or does the President tell the chef what to make? I can't imagine the poor lady's reaction to "steak...well done...with ketchup....and a Big Mac for dessert" every night.

(I have no idea if the Executive Chef actually regularly makes food for the President or what, but either way the poor kitchen staff)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ogmius815 posted:

Don't worry Chris Cillizza (I don't care how it is spelled) still thinks it went well.

The fact that Cillizza said Comey's testimony was bad for Trump is no poo poo one of the reasons I was wondering how bad it really was for him. That fucker is like, Bill Kristol levels of wrong about everything.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

So what? They still vote Democratic. So what if they have generational wealth? Whatever, liberal purity tests as often displayed in this thread is why we lose.

"people who disagree with me is why we lose and definitely not a cheesy way to stifle discussion"

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

There Bias Two posted:

I'd very much like to see their definition of millennial as well as their survey methodology.

Yeah, that # doesn't pass the smell test to me and I'm not signing up to see the full study. This study gives 35%.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I'm a millennial who doesn't own a house. I'm building one though. :smugdog:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

There Bias Two posted:

It's probably good because the idea that millennials are ALL buried under debt and have no jobs isn't true, it's just that the percentage is higher than the last generation.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHMgAQfvZE

Pretty hard stance on what the Trump administration means.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Lol @ magazines and poo poo trying to make it shameful for poor people to avoid handing their money to the capitalist overlords.

Hey what kind of person can afford a smart phone but doesn't constantly trade their paychecks for plastic garbage from wal mart? A hobo or something?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Millenials say they are in debt, but 95% of them own a fridge

• Locked thread