Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

priznat posted:

This is my favourite thread bar none :cheers:

This is my home thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Same.

Love to hang out with the gang and talk about our shared interests.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This is the only human contact I have left

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
me? i love this thread. I've been a huge fan of this thread for about a year now ever since you nerds got me into it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I tell people in the grocery store that I post here and they literally always have no idea what I'm talking about

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

FrensaGeran posted:

I tell people in the grocery store that I post here and they literally always have no idea what I'm talking about

They do. They just pretend not to know because what's wrong with your faaaaaaaaace

Ha ha get it? Like the plinkett thing?

We have fun here.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I need this thread like I need fork in the brain, fork in the brain, fork in the brain....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like this thread cos there's people with opinions on current movies who aren't loving degenerates like in CD

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

They do. They just pretend not to know because what's wrong with your faaaaaaaaace

Ha ha get it? Like the plinkett thing?

We have fun here.

Pizza rolls!

vermin fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 9, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Drive in is playing the new bad aliens and that colossal movie this weekend. Worth it?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I like this thread cos there's people with opinions on current movies who aren't loving degenerates like in CD

This honestly feels like the "reasonable opinions on movies" safe space on SA.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Baronjutter posted:

This honestly feels like the "reasonable opinions on movies" safe space on SA.

Actually it's just this thread is explicitly not a "lovely opinions on movies" safe space, unlike CD. People come in here and say dumb poo poo but often get shouted down.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is it time to discuss the prequels again?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No because I am sick of these loving Star Wars.

Lets talk about Plinkett/Jay slash instead.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Space Cop 2 looking good.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

Actually it's just this thread is explicitly not a "lovely opinions on movies" safe space, unlike CD. People come in here and say dumb poo poo but often get shouted down.

And I'm proud of our strong commitment to mob rule.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Echo chambers are important and need to be protected.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

:moonrio:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

a bone to pick posted:

Shin Godzilla was loving amazing.

It really was great.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What's the opinion most likely to earn you a big red text in CineD?

Spielberg is good, Transformers is bad, or there exists in this world films that are better than Batman v Superman?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The maddest I ever saw them was when MisterBibs was pulling his shtick and not able to accept an alternative reading of Transformers.

:downs: "But the Autobots are the good guys!" over and over and over.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Why are people giving their "readings" of Transformers at all? It's loving Transformers.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

HoAssHo posted:

Why are people giving their "readings" of Transformers at all? It's loving Transformers.

Transformers and Michael bay are equatable to Shakespeare in cined.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

These are the great mysteries of CineD.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoAssHo posted:

Everything in Transformers is there for a reason. A scene that is over the top male gaze, a main character that is a horrible, selfish, unlikable person, action that is confusing and headache inducing, all of those are for a reason. That reason is that the Transformers series is the greatest satire of modern American society ever created.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

HoAssHo posted:

Because sometimes even CD gets tired of praising how amazing the prequels are.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

WampaLord posted:

The maddest I ever saw them was when MisterBibs was pulling his shtick and not able to accept an alternative reading of Transformers.

:downs: "But the Autobots are the good guys!" over and over and over.

To be fair, Bibs makes everyone mad. Hell, he's a pre-rec gif now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do you think a movie could just be bad? You are like a child.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HoAssHo posted:

CineD thinks John Ford westerns are critiques on the excess of the Reagan era. They're very dumb.

But to answer your question specifically: they genuinely believe Bumblebee pissing on Turturro is incredibly deep symbolism and death of the author versus literal interpretation must clash to resolve the issue of whether the dogs humping is a critique on the Sudanese genocide or the rise of Ho Chi Minh as a reaction to European colonialism or a direct insult to American exceptionalism.

It's not possible to see a dumb sight gag made by a lovely director and think "this is lowbrow humor meant to appeal to lowbrow humor loving idiots".

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

God bless MisterBibs.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

CineD thinks John Ford westerns are critiques on the excess of the Reagan era. They're very dumb.

But to answer your question specifically: they genuinely believe Bumblebee pissing on Turturro is incredibly deep symbolism and death of the author versus literal interpretation must clash to resolve the issue of whether the dogs humping is a critique on the Sudanese genocide or the rise of Ho Chi Minh as a reaction to European colonialism or a direct insult to American exceptionalism.

It's not possible to see a dumb sight gag made by a lovely director and think "this is lowbrow humor meant to appeal to lowbrow humor loving idiots".

I read some thread where there was a mod challenge to give a reading of Jack and Jill* and they took the challenge seriously - I think a few people did it - and were like patting each other on the back for it like they hadn't just completely wasted theirs and everyone who read it's time.

*e: I could be misremembering which Sandler movie it was

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

:kiss:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I feel so proud of my little GIF son every time I see this posted.

e: Also, Colossal was a colossal turd. We just skimmed it because my inlaws penthouse apartment is destroyed in it. The rest of it looked like poo poo.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 10, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Spielberg is good, Transformers is bad, or there exists in this world films that are better than Batman v Superman?

Suggest they watch either a non-genre movie, a foreign language movie, or a movie made more than 30 years ago as opposed to nothing but titanic budget Hollywood schlock since they are such elite cinephiles who can unearth the complex subtext of Transformers, obviously they should have no problem doing the same thing for the oeuvre of Werner Herzog.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Collosal but it felt like the director made some glaring mistakes as if it were his first time directing a feature-length film, which I think it was.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I saw the mummy today with my girl friend. (it was her idea) honestly it wasnt that good, I always look at movies and ask if you take away (x) would it change the movie?

Having russel crow as nick fury I mean Johann Kraus....wait I mean doctor jeklly was more interesting than tom cruse or Annabelle Wallis.

I kinda felt they coulda deleted Annabelle Wallis's character from the story and it wouldnt have mattered.

My gf didnt like the comedy the movie threw out every now and again.

And finally I kinda think it was stupid to have the mummy be a sexy woman, just didnt feel scary.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Star Wars prequels were not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SMG doesn't actually believe his own fartnonsense.

• Locked thread