Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Enlisted work there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This has been going around Facebook today. Good game, America.

My head hurts

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This has been going around Facebook today. Good game, America.

I can't remember his exact wording, but didn't he say 'that's not my call to make' when asked about obstruction of justice? That's uh..... basically a yes.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Comey: "Russia 100% interfered in the election and they'll do it again."

Morons: "The Russia story is dead, why are we still talking about this? STOP TALKING ABOUT IT"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Wasn't there a story not too long ago how the RNC took information they knew had been hacked out of the DNC by the Russians and used it against Democratic candidates?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

A Bad Poster posted:

Wasn't there a story not too long ago how the RNC took information they knew had been hacked out of the DNC by the Russians and used it against Democratic candidates?

Yes and Democrats were naive enough to ask them to please not use it

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

KildarX posted:

Britgoons please explain the Brit elections to me, because the last thing I heard about it was Theresa May doesn't want your kids to have school lunch and education, and the other guy loved terrorists, and the other parties are weirdos too.

Please put them on a scale of

<gently caress you got mine ------ GET THE GUILLOTINES!>
<Hate Gays ----- Love Gays>
<Dick in the middle east ----- dick out of the middle east>

https://www.facebook.com/sirstevotimothyofficial/videos/2003092793247441/

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Morons: "The Russia story is dead, why are we still talking about this? STOP TALKING ABOUT IT"

The best is how, even if everything is clean:

- Donnie has offered to testify.

- One committee has asked for the Comey documents and will likely get them

- Another committee has now requested a tapes / no tapes answer from the white house by June 23rd.

So that's like another three days of this poo poo, minimum, even if Donnie never opens his big mouth again.

But, logic isn't a strong suit of these people.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Comey: "Russia 100% interfered in the election and they'll do it again."

Morons: "NOW WHATABOUTEREMAILS! LOCK HER UP!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Manning gave an interview. It had been really quiet on that front, I was hoping she'd go away forever. Now she's out thanking Obama which will make talking points from Trump's people.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Lock her up

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

cowboy elvis posted:

My head hurts

I wish they would post his quotes that made them come to each of those ridiculous conclusions.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Manning and Hillary just need to quietly disappear from public life and enjoy the rest of their lives in quiet peace.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Manning and Hillary just need to quietly disappear from public life and enjoy the rest of their lives in quiet peace.
I wasn't keen to beat up on Hillary after the election but her forays into public life and laying blame are going to turn people off fast. She's a lightning rod for criticism and needs to excuse herself.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

I wasn't keen to beat up on Hillary after the election but her forays into public life and laying blame are going to turn people off fast. She's a lightning rod for criticism and needs to excuse herself.

Plus the whole slavery angle that's bubbled up out of her book sure is... well, it's something alright.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Plus the whole slavery angle that's bubbled up out of her book sure is... well, it's something alright.

Expand on this please, I'm not gonna read her book.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

You're talking about the prisoners being utilized as free domestic labor in the Arkansas governor's mansion, right?

E: I can't find a mainstream article covering the comment or the attending outrage but here's a write up on the beast, which was the least offensive of the first page of results.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-lefts-latest-and-racially-misguided-swing-at-hillary-clinton

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Beats being slave labour on southern plantation prisons.

Not really but you know.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss!

EFB! /\/\/\

Immanentized posted:

E: I can't find a mainstream article covering the comment or the attending outrage but here's a write up on the beast, which was the least offensive of the first page of results.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-lefts-latest-and-racially-misguided-swing-at-hillary-clinton

lmao at this lovely apologist article

I voted for Hillary as did the vast majority of the leftists this dumbass is crying about, but she's a loving garbage human being.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 10, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ahh, Angola.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Immanentized posted:

You're talking about the prisoners being utilized as free domestic labor in the Arkansas governor's mansion, right?

That's the stuff. Also happens in the Louisiana governor's mansion.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

That's the stuff. Also happens in the Louisiana governor's mansion.

Isn't that what got her in the hot water in the first place? Someone mentioned Louisiana, another person went "ah yeah, Arkansas's been doing that forever too", and like 30 seconds later turns out Hildawg had an airy slice of life about first-offense murderers make amazing domestic staff because of reasons.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
And Mississippi. There was a to-do about Haley Barbour pardoning the prisoners who worked in the governor's mansion some years ago.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol the south

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mike-o posted:

lol the south

Speaking of,

In a military-styled order titled “Directive 02022017,” Michael Hill, president of the neo-Confederate League of the South (LOS), announced Friday the formation of a new vigilante “defense force.”

The League of the South is calling for all able-bodied, traditionalist Southern men to join our organization’s Southern Defense Force for the purpose of helping our State and local magistrates across Dixie combat this growing leftist menace to our historic Christian civilization. As private citizens in a private organization, we will stand ready to protect our own families and friends, our property, and our liberty from leftist chaos. Moreover, we will be ready to assist our local and State authorities in keeping the peace should they find it necessary to “deputize” private citizens for that purpose.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/02/06/league-south-announces-formation-%E2%80%98southern-defense-force%E2%80%99

:thumbsup:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
ugh they're being treated like they were sentenced to a duration of time away from the communities they victimized while the very same communities foot the bill for their food, clothing, and shelter. Ugh I tell you, UGH!.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I'm confused as to whether people wish that first lady of Arkansas Hillary had sent the prison labor to do the same job anywhere besides the governor's mansion, or if they wish that first lady of Arkansas Hillary single-handedly crushed the prison-labor complex regardless of where it took place, or something?

I guess what I'm saying is that when we live in a future when any piece of text longer than a hot take is considered a book, I won't feel so bad about walking into a bar at 10am to watch Comey testify on the TV.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

No one was expecting Hillary to single-handedly crush the prison industrial complex, just not personally benefit from that sort of exploitative labor. Hire mansion servants at fair market wages, issue a statement about not accepting slave labor just because there's a constitutional exemption for the particular form of it she was enjoying.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I saw this earlier and didn't post it because it was sorta shady.

Now WaPo is reporting it. Always loving Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.b53071cc6731

quote:

The hard-charging New York lawyer President Trump chose to represent him in the Russia investigation has prominent clients with ties to the Kremlin, a striking pick for a president trying to escape the persistent cloud that has trailed his administration.

Marc E. Kasowitz’s clients include Oleg Deripaska, a Russian oligarch who is close to President Vladimir Putin and has done business with Trump’s former campaign manager. Kasowitz also represents Sberbank, Russia’s largest state-owned bank, U.S. court records show.

Kasowitz has represented one of Deripaska’s companies for years in a civil lawsuit in New York and was scheduled to argue on the company’s behalf May 25, two days after news broke that Trump had hired him, court records show. A different lawyer in Kasowitz’s firm showed up in court instead, avoiding a scenario that would have highlighted Kasowitz’s extensive work for high-profile Russian clients.

The Associated Press reported in March that Manafort “secretly worked for” Deripaska as far back as 2006 to influence politics and business dealings inside the United States to benefit Putin’s government. Manafort signed a $10 million annual contract beginning in 2006 and maintained a business relationship until at least 2009, the AP reported.

Deripaska has denied the report, and he sued the AP for libel last month. Deripaska said he “never had any arrangement, whether contractual or otherwise, with Mr. Manafort to advance the interests of the Russian government,” according to the lawsuit. In newspaper ads taken out after the AP story, he said, “I want to resolutely deny this malicious assertion and lie.”

CNN and BuzzFeed previously reported Kasowitz’s Russian clients.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

No one was expecting Hillary to single-handedly crush the prison industrial complex, just not personally benefit from that sort of exploitative labor. Hire mansion servants at fair market wages, issue a statement about not accepting slave labor just because there's a constitutional exemption for the particular form of it she was enjoying.

Yeah this sort of hyperbole in no way trivializes the country's sad history of actual human slavery nor completely disregards the debts these prisoners (including black prisoners) owe to their communities (including.. wait for it.. black communities).

I hope the left never gets gutted by its stargazing fringe retards the way the right has.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

:lol: at anyone in the south giving two shits about prison laborers.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Superpredators

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of,

In a military-styled order titled “Directive 02022017,” Michael Hill, president of the neo-Confederate League of the South (LOS), announced Friday the formation of a new vigilante “defense force.”

The League of the South is calling for all able-bodied, traditionalist Southern men to join our organization’s Southern Defense Force for the purpose of helping our State and local magistrates across Dixie combat this growing leftist menace to our historic Christian civilization. As private citizens in a private organization, we will stand ready to protect our own families and friends, our property, and our liberty from leftist chaos. Moreover, we will be ready to assist our local and State authorities in keeping the peace should they find it necessary to “deputize” private citizens for that purpose.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/02/06/league-south-announces-formation-%E2%80%98southern-defense-force%E2%80%99

:thumbsup:

Turns out you don't got to go all the way to the Middle East to find great drone targets.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Victor Vermis posted:

Yeah this sort of hyperbole in no way trivializes the country's sad history of actual human slavery nor completely disregards the debts these prisoners (including black prisoners) owe to their communities (including.. wait for it.. black communities).

I hope the left never gets gutted by its stargazing fringe retards the way the right has.

ehhhhh, prison labor in America has a long history of being used as a de-facto replacement for slavery, especially in the post-Civil War era.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Acebuckeye13 posted:

ehhhhh, prison labor in America has a long history of being used as a de-facto replacement for slavery, especially in the post-Civil War era.

It still is just a few miles away from me in southern georgia. Yes it is wrong. This is not the thing to bitch at Clinton about, though, especially with almost 40 years of hindsight. Yeah, I agree with you that prison labor is poo poo and if I were personally governor's spouse it would be something that I would be against. However if you expect Clinton, already under attack for not being a proper housewife, could have done anything politically to change the entire culture of the nation you're out of your drat mind.

It just seems like something stupid goons are dogpiling on without looking at it through context.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

It still is just a few miles away from me in southern georgia. Yes it is wrong. This is not the thing to bitch at Clinton about, though, especially with almost 40 years of hindsight. Yeah, I agree with you that prison labor is poo poo and if I were personally governor's spouse it would be something that I would be against. However if you expect Clinton, already under attack for not being a proper housewife, could have done anything politically to change the entire culture of the nation you're out of your drat mind.

It just seems like something stupid goons are dogpiling on without looking at it through context.

Speaking for me personally, it's definitely distasteful, and I'm surprised it's not an issue that was brought up during the campaign, but it's not something that's really going to deeply affect my views of Clinton, other than reaffirming that racial politics in the US are hosed Up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't get the south. I was in Huntsville this week and a dude in a coal rolling pickup was sporting Confederate plates. But if it weren't for NASA egg heads from Stanford and MIT (and frankly, a bunch of Nazi rocket scientists), Huntsville would still be a depressed loving poo poo hole like 95% of Alabama.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

I hope the left doesn't end up the way the right has, but I wouldn't mind both parties disappearing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

I don't get the south. I was in Huntsville this week and a dude in a coal rolling pickup was sporting Confederate plates. But if it weren't for NASA egg heads from Stanford and MIT (and frankly, a bunch of Nazi rocket scientists), Huntsville would still be a depressed loving poo poo hole like 95% of Alabama.

Coal rolling dipshits are everywhere. I see a couple a day. Occasionally I toy with the idea of saving them some time burning all that diesel and just jabbing a knife in the fuel tank, but you never gently caress with another person's ride.

I do flick a lot of cigarettes at them though. That's indirect fuckery, heavy reliant on wind and timing. I've yet to nail one in the face through an open window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've yet to see coal rolling in the wild. If I did I'd probably call the cops on them. With any hope they don't acknowledge that what they're doing is stupid and try to escalate things with the cops.

• Locked thread