Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I forgot all about the creepy murder dolls of the Tangmen in that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
The flying was really fun in that game, but never quite as effective as the trailers made it seem.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nothing beats pre-fix Wushu flying in terms of sheer fun. Sure, games with actual flying mounts have more effective movement but they aren't as fun as running up a wall then dash canceling all the way to the school exit.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I want to believe.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Nothing beats pre-fix Wushu flying in terms of sheer fun. Sure, games with actual flying mounts have more effective movement but they aren't as fun as running up a wall then dash canceling all the way to the school exit.
Don't forget infinite air-dash hordes descending down upon Tangmen or jumping down the waterfall and running on water out of Scholars. Bonus points if instead of merely jumping you did the Beggar's spinning piledriver and stole someone else's script.

Flying skills really shined during script stealing. Shame I never got the "invulnerable teleport into walls and then teleport to the exit" flying skill.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Holepunchio posted:

Don't forget infinite air-dash hordes descending down upon Tangmen or jumping down the waterfall and running on water out of Scholars. Bonus points if instead of merely jumping you did the Beggar's spinning piledriver and stole someone else's script.

Flying skills really shined during script stealing. Shame I never got the "invulnerable teleport into walls and then teleport to the exit" flying skill.

I remember the day when the botters got really brazen and instantly stole all the books from both schools and teleported out. Like half the goonball didn't get a book because they had a bit of lag.

The bitter fights at the exit were amazing though

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Imagine if someone competent who would've dealt with issues like botting and silver selling had've ported Wushu over. :allears:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

While I'm at it, I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Imagine if someone competent who would've dealt with issues like botting and silver selling had've ported Wushu over. :allears:

You mean a company that wouldn't go "we found you cheating and banned you but we'll unban you for 4,000 dollars."

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

randombattle posted:

You mean a company that wouldn't go "we found you cheating and banned you but we'll unban you for 4,000 dollars."

So you are saying that Lowtax shouldn't run mmo?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Or mutou buying dings from sellers and then giving snail almost 30 grand

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

randombattle posted:

I got banned on one of my accounts for buying silver. I wasn't buying silver because I was too poor of a college student at the time and was barely able to afford the sub. Never did get that account unbanned.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

SweetBro posted:

I got banned on one of my accounts for buying silver. I wasn't buying silver because I was too poor of a college student at the time and was barely able to afford the sub. Never did get that account unbanned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBmShaSz7k

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

randombattle posted:

You mean a company that wouldn't go "we found you cheating buying 3rd party money from sites run by our own tech support and banned you but we'll unban you for 4,000 dollars."

Fixed

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Do you think it was the guy running the site trying to squeeze extra cash from him or rival site trying to muscle customers away from that site?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Honestly, I was talking with kzn -- we should look on wushu not as a terrible game ruined by an incompetent company.

No, instead we performed a valuable civic duty by returning Vietnamese blood money back to China. :911:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Saradiart posted:

Honestly, I was talking with kzn -- we should look on wushu not as a terrible game ruined by an incompetent company.

No, instead we performed a valuable civic duty by returning Vietnamese blood money back to China. :911:

If there's a successor Chinagame, I'll probably go with an even more obviously Vietnamese "Pham Nguyen" as my username because it makes Chinese players mad

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
For what very very very little it's worth, Dark and Light showed up for a flash on the Xbox E3 show.

If the time embed doesn't work, 1:47:57 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4GpE3c97U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4GpE3c97U&t=6477s

Oh, closed beta signup spotted in the steam page community hub. Not sure if this is a new thing or not. https://zh.surveymonkey.com/r/DNLtestsurvey

Err, this seems new?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6nU8eU3IY

CheetoRamen fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 12, 2017

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

throw to first drat IT posted:

Do you think it was the guy running the site trying to squeeze extra cash from him or rival site trying to muscle customers away from that site?

Hard to say, but at one time, one of the Megawhale who actually hit the maximum number of Ding you could buy in a day (I think it was about 10k USD, limit was put in place by payment processor, not Snail) was directed to a very specific 3rd party gold seller by Snail customer support after he complained he could no longer buy more Dings. The thread where he explained that in the forums was quickly locked and vanished soon after due do RMT discussions being a TOS violation.

China equivalent of E3 is still up to come this summer, so maybe we will hear more of AOW 2.

Will there ever be more Chinagames ? Probably.

Will it respect the law of the Eagle Stronghold ? Probably not.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
no don't

http://store.steampowered.com/app/529180/Dark_and_Light/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6nU8eU3IY
https://zh.surveymonkey.com/r/DNLtestsurvey

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
What is this china skyrim?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is a sandbox game like arc but for 100 people max so like arc but without dinoaurs but with dragons like arc

also I made a thread for it that is proper quality for a SNAIL GAMES game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823644

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

FF14 is making me sentimental for field trips.

I can't believe I've found a game that actually has something WORSE than wudang field trip.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

what makes it worse

that you have to talk to some south eastern asian

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

what makes it worse

that you have to talk to some south eastern asian

You have to spam click on this dude. You can't just like hang out with friends and duel while waiting for the mystical xiaoyao friend to grace you with his divine presence.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You talking about how the instanced fights for the main story are inaccessible thanks to the heavy load from all the players trying to do them at once? That was a huge fuckup on SE's part, especially since it's right near the start of the main quest.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Saradiart posted:

FF14 is making me sentimental for field trips.

I can't believe I've found a game that actually has something WORSE than wudang field trip.

Lol you are wasting you time on something actively known to be loving broken

Perfect for this thread I guess

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Haquer posted:

Lol you are wasting you time on something actively known to be loving broken

Perfect for this thread I guess

I mean, you could spam and get through, unfortunately.

super sweet best pal posted:

You talking about how the instanced fights for the main story are inaccessible thanks to the heavy load from all the players trying to do them at once? That was a huge fuckup on SE's part, especially since it's right near the start of the main quest.

Yeah. I was getting really angry for no reason, and I realized it reminded me of field trip.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm hearing it's fixed now, though I don't really have the time to get on and play until tomorrow. Still, kind of funny hearing people were able to grind to 70 in PvP while they waited on a level 60 quest.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Got a CB key for Absolver. Not chinagame per-say, but it does let me kungfu people in the face. Will report more later tonight.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SweetBro posted:

Got a CB key for Absolver. Not chinagame per-say, but it does let me kungfu people in the face. Will report more later tonight.

Absolver is loving awesome. Had to stop myself so I wouldn't burn myself out before the full game releases.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Saradiart posted:

I mean, you could spam and get through, unfortunately.

Yeah. I was getting really angry for no reason, and I realized it reminded me of field trip.

Actually spamming didn't do a whole lot other than get you super lucky on when one of the few instances got released and there were thousands of other players doing the same

SE didn't have many instances and they are data center wide and everyone kept getting disconnected and the instances would hang open and then nobody could log back into them or open new ones

I instead got Samurai to 60 and started the msq as that instead (and have been topping dps charts :smuggo:)

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

So Absolver is basically this weird combination of Journey, Dark Souls, and chinagame.

It's loving amazing.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
Are you able to jump?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

SweetBro posted:

So Absolver is basically this weird combination of Journey, Dark Souls, and chinagame.

It's loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doqrSIy2O4

Ok you have my loving interest.

Is this a proper MMO though? I can't tell how instanced this all is.

E: It looks maybe like GW1 instancing?

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 21, 2017

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

You can't jump AFAIK, but you can fall which is kind of like jumping.

It's not a proper MMO in the sense that everyone is sitting on the same server. It's doing the thing that Journey or The Trail does where it will randomly put people in your world. There is no chat so you communicate with emotes and/or beating them in the loving face. You can party up with up to 2 other people, though I haven't really tried it. It also seems that if you die outside of the tutorial, you have a 60 second time out before coming back to the last bonfire, OR another person can come and res you (doesn't cost any resources AFAIK).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is not an endorsement

http://store.steampowered.com/app/617720/ASTA_Online_V2_CBT/

Among mysterious mythologies and legends stands ASTA. Based on an immeasurably massive fantasy world, ASTA will allow its players to immerse themselves into the vast world of mythical adventures and wars. With superb graphics and a diversity of fresh contents, you will experience the thrills of a new MMORPG that was never precedented.

About this game

ASTA is a free-to-play MMORPG developed using CryEngine3. ASTA provides players thrilling experiences polished with realistic and vivid, yet oriental graphics. In the world of ASTA exists two opposing realms, “Asu” and "Ora", and a war between these two awaits.
ASTA proudly introduces
Richness of contents and worldviews
Outstanding quality compared to recent Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Games
United dungeon matching system and an auction house open to all servers
Unique concept of graphics and differentiated development techniques
Unique graphics concept and differentiated techniques
A painting animated Graphics
Harmony of light and color, Dreamy and fantasy background
High technology of CryEngine3

Players have many options to enjoy the ASTA world

ASTA has a stat allocation system; users can decide what stats they want to invest in. Players are entitled to various choices in this game. With an infinite amount of options in character customizations - from the body shape to the length of eyebrows, players are able to create and train their very own characters.
There are also numerous kinds of races and jobs in place and each of them has their own storylines/questlines and cinematics.

Prepare yourself for an epic adventure to save the mythical land of "Samsara" from the wrath of an evil god in ASTA!

About Two Realms

ASU
Asu is one of the realms in Samsara, the world created by three Primacies(three absolute gods). It is the realm inherent with wheel of life and Nirvana as Arita, the goddess exiled from the Heaven had revived

ORA
ORA is another realm in Samsara. It is the world of the dead created when Heuk the god of death was banished to Samsara from the Heaven. When the body and soul of Arita who had reached Nirvana were separated, ORA suddenly revealed in Samsara.

Game Features

Real-time combat system
Own housing system
Detailed character customization
Stat allocation/investment system
Two warring factions
Option to join a realm (Asu & Hwangcheon)
Massive boss raid
Real-time PVP battle system
PVP, RVR systems
Party, guild, trade, auction systems
Pets and rides
Realistic Martial arts

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Get out of here with your korea games. I've seen enough of those to know they're all of the grind and none of the charm.

I don't even want to hear about them anymore.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

you don't like the game feature list like Own Housing System

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
ASTA is an massive MMORPG. You can feel the essential of MMORPG fun parts experiencing various Dungeons, PvP battle systems. Also can enjoy though variety of systems such as Bounty & Treasure Hunter, Fishing even Housing system. It' time to join and experience the ASTA World!