Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I appreciate that the flashback storyline ended with Ollie wearing a fake wig and beard in story as well as out of universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

god drat DC can't stop stepping on their own dicks

Wonder Woman was way too good a movie for this garbo company

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The reddit-level movie opinions are one thing (actually no they're not but you all have sheer volume and echo chamber on your side right now) but taking absurd unsubstantiated rumors as gospel is just... stick to television, TVIV, jesus.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

McSpanky posted:

The reddit-level movie opinions are one thing (actually no they're not but you all have sheer volume and echo chamber on your side right now) but taking absurd unsubstantiated rumors as gospel is just... stick to television, TVIV, jesus.

no

now what :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not making a Shazam movie is the correct choice.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
So like, he flies around in a red suit and identifies what song is playing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ojjeorago posted:

So like, he flies around in a red suit and identifies what song is playing?

:golfclap:

Also Shazam rules and needs a film now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not in the DCEU he doesn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Not in the DCEU he doesn't.

IMMA CALL DOWN THE THUNDER ON YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This is the DCCU and you know what they're going to do with the Big Red Cheese.

What I'm saying is Kid Miracleman is going to look like a heartwarming comedy

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does Darhk's kid show up in season five? She seems to vanish right at the end of season four.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nope, she just disappears.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Nope, she just disappears.

Was that flashpoint or the writers?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The writers just forgot and/or didn't care about her anymore.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Or saving her for season 6.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did she ever get a name? I remember Darhk's wife had a name but did his daughter get one?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her name was Nora.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Dahrk: Save...Nora....

Barry Allen: Why did you say that name!?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did she ever get a name? I remember Darhk's wife had a name but did his daughter get one?

I remember Darhk's wife had a name because it was really weird and didn't sound like a name and people were saying it like normal, and I was like, what the gently caress is ruhvoodark?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

I remember Darhk's wife had a name because it was really weird and didn't sound like a name and people were saying it like normal, and I was like, what the gently caress is ruhvoodark?

Ruvé Darhk.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
Just got caught up on the finale last night, and maybe I missed this but what happened to Vig? Did he just up and disappear mid-season, after getting wounded? I enjoyed the Vigilante run in the 80's (especially the Alan Moore stuff) and I never thought I'd see the day when he made an appearance outside of comics. Then Arrow pulled the ol' switcheroo and made Adrian Chase into Prometheus. I was really hoping for some kind of resolution.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Stryder posted:

Just got caught up on the finale last night, and maybe I missed this but what happened to Vig? Did he just up and disappear mid-season, after getting wounded? I enjoyed the Vigilante run in the 80's (especially the Alan Moore stuff) and I never thought I'd see the day when he made an appearance outside of comics. Then Arrow pulled the ol' switcheroo and made Adrian Chase into Prometheus. I was really hoping for some kind of resolution.

I'm pretty sure they've said the plan was always to keep Vigilante a running thread into Season 6, so they should revisit him sometime.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

X-O posted:

The most recent of rumors is that a Shazam movie is nowhere on the horizon and Black Adam is going to be the villain of the next Superman movie actually.

Will Black Adam be trying to stop Superman from murdering refugees or something. I'm not sure what you do with that, Black Adam and movie superman would probably get along well.

Rhyno posted:

:golfclap:

Also Shazam rules and needs a film now.

His entire character is the plot of 'Big' but with a superhero. I think its way too lighthearted to work in a grim dark DCU movie. His cartoon appearances have honestly been pretty good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/875848391585972225

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

kingcom posted:

Will Black Adam be trying to stop Superman from murdering refugees or something. I'm not sure what you do with that, Black Adam and movie superman would probably get along well.

His entire character is the plot of 'Big' but with a superhero. I think its way too lighthearted to work in a grim dark DCU movie. His cartoon appearances have honestly been pretty good.

Black Adam is a character that's sorta been rehabilitated into a Dr. Doom-esque defender of his nation that will go scorched earth on any outsider who would upset it. Captain Marvel hasn't shown up in a while so Black Adam's desire to take the Wizard's powers from Captain Marvel hasn't really been relevant outside of Cap's first appearance and short lived series.

Captain Marvel is way too light to be in the dark and grim DCU movie-verse as he's traditionally known. His introduction to the Nu52 was a bit darker in that Billy was a lovely kid bouncing from foster home to foster home, but had a heart of gold that comes out when defending his surrogate siblings as well as a particular tiger. The Wizard was a bit less moralistic as well and had his own ulterior motives. Neither have appeared since that series was canceled.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo.

So it's really Dolph Lundgren that plays Konstantin Kovar on Arrow?

And what's up with "Speed Demon" in the credits as the Sound guy?

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 24, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think you mean Speed Weed and yes that’s a real person who has worked on a number of shows for years.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Vietnamwees posted:

And what's up with "Speed Demon" in the credits as the Sound guy?

Speed Weed? He's a writer and producer who has worked on lots of other shows, including Law & Order: SVU.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373535/

EDIT: drat, not enough speed.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Speed Weed is my second favorite name outside of a political consultant named "Blaze Baggs".

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

With Speed Weed I'd include "McG" as the more interesting credit names I've seen on tv shows. It's not his legal name but he uses it in credits as a director/producer

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oliver Megaton, Kaos, and KInka Usher are also up there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When Supernatural did their "Supernatural is a TV show" episode, McG was in it as a character in the real world played by another actor. He did have a cameo in the episode too though.

Also apparently he has really thin skin about the name, drat:

quote:

It's fun to hate a guy called McG. In my humble opinion it's sheer loving lunacy because it's just short for McGinty - loving get past it. My name is Joseph McGinty Nichol. My mother's maiden name is McGinty. My uncle was Joe, my grandfather was Joe. I was called McG since the day I was born because we were broke and there were three Joes in the house. There's no Hollywood, 'I think I'll give myself a nickname' bullshit. It just is. And at some point I would be a sell-out punk if I rolled over and said, 'Well, call me Joe.' And I've had to suffer through teachers in the third grade saying, 'Look, no vowels!' And I suffer a bit for it now. I can only sigh and move forward.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Speed Weed is my second favorite name outside of a political consultant named "Blaze Baggs".

There's also Joe Kerr who worked on Batman: the Animated Series among others.

Edit: I could've sworn I saw this as a writer's credit or something but IMDB isn't pulling up anything.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 24, 2017

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

There's also Joe Kerr who worked on Batman: the Animated Series among others.

Edit: I could've sworn I saw this as a writer's credit or something but IMDB isn't pulling up anything.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0474212/

There's a good interview with him that I can't find that starts off with "First of all, are you a real person?"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Amell is currently appearing at Heroes and Villains Fan Fest, where he was asked if about his longtime nemesis who ended up being an ally this season. Amell said, "Manu Bennett is back to being a part of the show, and we will see him several times".

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/08/arrow-deathstroke-returning/

Awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The real Manu or the stand in from the finale?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Bamford is directing the premiere? gently caress yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New costume for Dinah from EW:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread