Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I would pay a huge amount of money for that game to be remade with 1965-72 seasons. Even more if they did all the non championship rounds and threw in the World Sports Car championship as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Wirth1000 posted:

Heh, they filmed the driver's meeting at Monaco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C9hOtchZD8

Did Bernie die after seeing this? They need to do more of this

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hi everyone! ban? LOL this is SA! If everyone was banned for calling someone else a little bitch, there would be no members left! Dislodge your privilege and take it on the chin like a grown up! Have a nice day!

edit: oh this happened to me a few years ago, like 6 years ago or something. I was in the this flame war with a dude and he just started PMing me giving me poo poo. It was quite effective and I just stopped posting nothing but vitriol at this guy.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why are you such a sad brain holy poo poo

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dont come from a country where sending a little note to another man is CAUSE FOR OFFENCE

edit: hey Norns, when I started posting here, 6 years before you did.. this sort of thing happened alot. There is a bit of liberal safe space invasion on the forums and if that's what this place is really turning into, I don't know if how that is going to work!

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 10, 2017

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Oh man this Le Mans series has exclusive access to the Nismo GT-R LM Nismo garage during Le Mans. This is gonna be tragic as gently caress.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No one gives a gently caress when you started your horrible posting hth

Norns fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 10, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hi Norns. Have another cone matey. Sounds like youre getting the grumps!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony at what point did you receive permanent irreversible brain damage? I'm thinking we can start connecting the dots here.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Norns posted:

No one gives a gently caress when you started your horrible posting hth

If you're feeling nice, edit out his posts when you quote him so people who have him blocked don't have to read it when they see your post.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

*Does a line of cocaine*

Posts 5 paragraphs about loving nothing

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You're going to bum Norns over the Mexican GP or something right? Why don't you just save it till then?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
norns youve never posted a paragraph in your loving life

i doubt you could write one

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There was a Louie Theroux doc about brain damage where there was this kid in college who got into a horrific car accident and then afterwards was stupid as all hell, obsessed with luxury cars, really bad rap music and picking fights for literally no reason. I'm thinking now I watched a documentary about Tony without realising it at the time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have absolutely nothing to prove on these forums

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you have absolutely nothing. period. lets be honest.

anyway enough of this bullshit. this isnt funny at all

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

There was a Louie Theroux doc about brain damage where there was this kid in college who got into a horrific car accident and then afterwards was stupid as all hell, obsessed with luxury cars, really bad rap music and picking fights for literally no reason. I'm thinking now I watched a documentary about Tony without realising it at the time.

My first guess was Lewis Hamilton.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

andyf posted:

Oh man this Le Mans series has exclusive access to the Nismo GT-R LM Nismo garage during Le Mans. This is gonna be tragic as gently caress.

Welp this has now become a priority watch for me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The Nismo GT-R LM might as well have been a Honda. Horrible car. I wanted it to do well though :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh hey, that's the year the Corvette C7.R won.

Gonna be interesting to see LMGTE this year, considering the Vettes have caught up with the Ford GT and the new 911.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

C7.R is such a good sounding car. One of my favorite modern ones at least.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Both it and the Aston are very similar sounding, actually. Gotta love the big rear end 5.5L V8s.

e: nvm, Aston uses a 4.5L, but it does have a similar low rumble to it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I was furiously googling to call you out but you beat me!

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Tony Montana posted:

this isnt funny at all

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Anyone played Project Cars? It's real cheap on Steam right now. Looking for another game before F1 2017 comes out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Australians calling driving under the influence of alcohol "drink driving" is evidence that they are a hopelessly backward people.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
The fact that we just say "don't drink and drive" while f1/henieken struggles with "if you drive, never drink" or some other retarded phrase proves you wrong.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

andyf posted:

Oh hey, if you've got an Amazon Prime Video subscription, then Le Mans: Racing is Everything just got released. 6*25 min episodes.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0716P6SL4
(hopefully that will redirect you to your own countries' prime video page or something)

Yo, thanks.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Don't worry Im here to fix the Aussie rep ruined by Tony and Ramblingcurve.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Missed FP1, went to my youtube feed to check out the highlights:

Yeah, I could see where this was going.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

So, on a power circuit Alonso can put that car into 7th (in FP2 admittedly). That's actually fairly impressive considering all the Merc powered cars out there. I'm genuinely interested to see how good this Honda upgrade can be because even with the current pos engine they can do decent (when it works).

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

andyf posted:

Oh hey, if you've got an Amazon Prime Video subscription, then Le Mans: Racing is Everything just got released. 6*25 min episodes.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0716P6SL4
(hopefully that will redirect you to your own countries' prime video page or something)

I am all over this poo poo, thanks for the heads up

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Halo14 posted:

Anyone played Project Cars? It's real cheap on Steam right now. Looking for another game before F1 2017 comes out.

there's discussion of this (and a small little competition) going on in the Miscellaneous Racing Thread leading up to the 24 Hours of Le Mans next weekend, go check that out.

and it's hard to really judge the GT-R LM because, compared to Toyota (and especially Porsche) they did all of their testing in a shorter period of time, with more publicity, and didn't even get the hybrid system working the one year they ran Le Mans. And then the program went down in flames. It probably wouldn't have been as fast had it been done properly, but still, it never had a chance as-is.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

As a 10 year old back in the early 80's this consumed way too much my time on my old Spectrum

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am all over this poo poo, thanks for the heads up

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Australians calling driving under the influence of alcohol "drink driving" is evidence that they are a hopelessly backward people.

Uk calls it drink driving as well.

I would really appreciate it if people didn't post my name in the same sentence as Tony's :(

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

harperdc posted:

there's discussion of this (and a small little competition) going on in the Miscellaneous Racing Thread leading up to the 24 Hours of Le Mans next weekend, go check that out.

Will do, thanks.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Halo14 posted:

As long as you don't have an AMD graphics card you should be fine. nvidia cards only in my experience with the game. The karting bits are a bit crap but everything else feels good to drive.

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 10, 2017

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

As a 10 year old back in the early 80's this consumed way too much my time on my old Spectrum

Chequered Flag or GTFO :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAjLL53g2U8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You're all wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaOxZNw2hhc

• Locked thread