Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
🔥+E 🌲 🌓 1⃣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hillary "Nrrta'thhaax" Clinton would never have won and to deny this fact shows massive delusions on par with trump

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I remember on these very forums on primary day, once Hillary took the nom, saying trump will win and Bernie was their only chance

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Train posted:

I remember on these very forums on primary day, once Hillary took the nom, saying trump will win and Bernie was their only chance

anyone with half a brain at least went "uh, guys.............."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

anyone with half a brain at least went "uh, guys.............."

SUCH A HOT TAKE mods plz ban tia

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Train posted:

i like how all the people that were all in on the yass queen mi abuela poo poo haven't come near a thread about hillary all year

but they still rub their butts all over every other political thread in cspam

i also like how people are engaging the retarded monkey that was so aggressively retarded that they got kicked out of cspam

i also like the name cspam

goons amuse me

dance, you fat bitch

ha ha ha

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Bernie would never win, nothing would have stopped Trump's victory and we'll have to live with that forever.

I think it would have been possible for Hillary to beat Trump if she wasn't so transparently terrible about literally everything. Are you suggesting there is simply no way she could have avoided being a warmonger who laughs about how the US murders its enemies?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I know you guys are the "silent majority" and whatnot but salty bernie supporters are just a minor part of demographic.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hillary probably could have won (not be popular or even good mind you) had she just owned up to being an old corrupt bitch like thatcher. Most dems would have still hated her, but you probably would have had more shrug their shoulders and go alright I'll vote for her.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bholder posted:

I know you guys are the "silent majority" and whatnot but salty bernie supporters are just a minor part of demographic.

yeah salty hillary supporters are a way bigger demographic

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

Of course it is, you call everyone a Hillary supporter who dares to disagree with you.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bholder posted:

Of course it is, you call everyone a Hillary supporter who dares to disagree with you.

lmao the disconnect is powerful

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Remember back when Comey was an ideological Republican who intentionally influenced the election to get his man Trump elected? That was a funny narrative even back then but obviously way more so now.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Cnut the Great posted:

Remember back when Comey was an ideological Republican who intentionally influenced the election to get his man Trump elected? That was a funny narrative even back then but obviously way more so now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wgb9-Tc6I8

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Comey's a weak company man, not a GOP partisan. That was pretty clear in November. He did the email thing because his office in NYC was out of control and couldn't be trusted not to leak.

Also, saying Bernie would have won is kind of a vacuous statement--Joe Biden would have won too, does that mean neoliberalism is the new hotness after all?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So wait I haven't clicked on this thread, is this a 150 page thread for talking about hillary clinton??

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

porfiria posted:

Comey's a weak company man, not a GOP partisan. That was pretty clear in November. He did the email thing because his office in NYC was out of control and couldn't be trusted not to leak.

Also, saying Bernie would have won is kind of a vacuous statement--Joe Biden would have won too, does that mean neoliberalism is the new hotness after all?

sayin that runnin hillary was a damned fool mistake is not vacuous when she refuses to go away

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So wait I haven't clicked on this thread, is this a 150 page thread for talking about hillary clinton??

depending on who you ask its the containment thread for alt-right proud kekistani trump supporters. you know, all of these people talking about bernie

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

pair this with the clip of colbert sternly talking down to his studio audience like a 3rd grade teacher, like a fine wine and cheese

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

sayin that runnin hillary was a damned fool mistake is not vacuous when she refuses to go away

I know Hillary 2020 is a funny meme, but there is a 0% chance she actually runs.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

They are hardly what you'd call "silent" though

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

porfiria posted:

I know Hillary 2020 is a funny meme, but there is a 0% chance she actually runs.

Have you been paying attention to the news lately? They sure seem to be setting up the possibility

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yes. It's actually one of the most on-topic threads on the forums, because somehow we keep finding out more new things about her and they're always worse

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Have you been paying attention to the news lately? They sure seem to be setting up the possibility

they're trying to alley oop chelsea for 2020 using basically the exact same platform as last time except with a fresh faced youthful clinton. the thing is though that chelsea 2020 is still clinton 2020 and they're still going to lose to trump because running that same campaign against an incumbent is almost as dumb as hillary running again

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Watching the news is an excellent way to misunderstand the world.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

nigga crab pollock posted:

they're trying to alley oop chelsea for 2020 using basically the exact same platform as last time except with a fresh faced youthful clinton. the thing is though that chelsea 2020 is still clinton 2020 and they're still going to lose to trump because running that same campaign against an incumbent is almost as dumb as hillary running again
Chelsea has a stupid little hamster face and should not be on TV.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

phasmid posted:

Chelsea has a stupid little hamster face and should not be on TV.

hillary is questionably senile and probably doesn't have control over her bowel movements or the fine motor control of her lower extremities but that didn't stop them from trying

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

nigga crab pollock posted:

hillary is questionably senile and probably doesn't have control over her bowel movements or the fine motor control of her lower extremities but that didn't stop them from trying
I thought that was kinda the point. A 70-year joke in the making. Are you telling me she actually thought she stood a chance?

Jesus. That's just cruel of them...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It would be clever for the Democrats/media to keep floating Hillary as a 2020 contender without her actually running.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is the secret Bernie Bro hangout thread where we talk about our main man Bernie and how he would have won. Also about how Hillary Clinton had slaves.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 10, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

This is the secret Bernie Bro hangout thread where we talk about our main man Bernie and how he would have won. Also about how Hillary Clinton was a slave owner.

And people say that the Democratic party has changed since the civil war just lol

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

porfiria posted:

hmmm yes interesting take

(btw bernie woulda won)

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Lol now Bernie's got the evangelicals mad at him because he doesn't believe in their bullshit religion.

Hail Satan. Feel the Bern.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
Trump dominated the evangelical vote in a landslide, to tune of around 85%

so in a nutshell they all voted for modern-day Herod lol

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

phasmid posted:

Lol now Bernie's got the evangelicals mad at him because he doesn't believe in their bullshit religion.

Hail Satan. Feel the Bern.

Isn't it because Bernie suggested a Christian was unfit for public office based on his believing that Christianity is the only path to salvation--which is, you know, a central tenet of the Christian religion? As a Bernie supporter and atheist I have to say that was pretty stupid of him, and at the very least he should have chosen his battle better there.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCMP07nPwc

gently caress this guy. hail bernie hail satan

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Homestar Runner posted:

not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCMP07nPwc

gently caress this guy. hail bernie hail satan

I'm not watching that whole video. In this country, you're allowed to believe whatever you want to believe about where other people who don't subscribe to your religion go to in the afterlife. The afterlife isn't something that has any effect on real world affairs (because it doesn't exist). Christians are allowed to believe Christianity is the only path to salvation, Muslims are allowed to believe Islam is the only path to salvation, Jews are allowed to not to give a poo poo about any of this salvation garbage, etc.

Unless he said something else about Muslims I'm really not seeing the issue.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
^^ What Homestar said. Also:

Cnut the Great posted:

Christianity is the only path to salvation--which is, you know, a central tenet of the Christian religion?
It generally depends on which branch of which sect you speak to, but in my experience even congregations can be divided on such matters. Even though Roman Catholics will, for instance, maintain "We believe in one God, the Father and the Almighty" et cetera, that's just rote profession. The same people will have very different opinions out and about or in their own homes. The Senator was asking a direct question about an action the man had taken, not just some tenet he may or may not have believed. If anyone was being stupid, it was the mincing little nitwit (Vought) for dodging a simple question with zero finesse.

He believes people who aren't Christian are dross, unsalvageable. Someone who believes that and is dumb enough to admit it is surely unfit to govern a diverse populace. Thus, he got the old shutdown.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

phasmid posted:

^^ What Homestar said. Also:

It generally depends on which branch of which sect you speak to, but in my experience even congregations can be divided on such matters. Even though Roman Catholics will, for instance, maintain "We believe in one God, the Father and the Almighty" et cetera, that's just rote profession. The same people will have very different opinions out and about or in their own homes. The Senator was asking a direct question about an action the man had taken, not just some tenet he may or may not have believed. If anyone was being stupid, it was the mining little nitwit (Vought) for dodging a simple question with zero finesse.

He believes people who aren't Christian are dross, unsalvageable. Someone who believes that and is dumb enough to admit it is surely unfit to govern a diverse populace. Thus, he got the old shutdown.

He said this:

quote:

“As a Christian, I believe that all individuals are made in the image of God and are worthy of dignity and respect, regardless of their religious beliefs,” Vought said. “I believe that as a Christian, that’s how I should treat all individuals—”

It doesn't matter if some Christians disagree that their religion is the only path to salvation. Believing that your religion is the only path to salvation is not some sort of fringe religious belief, and saying someone should be disqualified from public office for believing it is unconstitutional and un-American. The guy (IMO) credibly stated that he believes all people should be treated equally in this life regardless of their religious beliefs, and that's all that should matter when it comes to determining if he's fit to govern a diverse populace.

Stating that he believes that people who aren't Christian are "dross" seems both unfair and bordering on an intentional mischaracterization of his stated beliefs taken as a whole. You can disagree with him theologically (as I do) without advocating that he be barred from serving in public office by virtue of his harmless beliefs about a fictional afterlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Except that the quote was lifted from an article the man wrote defending his alma mater for firing a teacher. The teacher in question was exercising their constitutionally protected freedom of speech, but that seemed not to accord with the articles of faith at said school. If the man is willing to blackball someone out of a job for saying that Christians and Muslims pray to the same God, what reason do I have to believe he will keep an objective view of things in office?

So which is it? Do we side with the constitution and reinstate the teacher or do we let someone who lets the Bible advise his work in to a secular position?

e. By the way

dross, noun - something regarded as worthless; rubbish.

If someone "stands condemned" it means they're off to hell. It's not a misrepresentation. He said it himself, he was just too chickenshit to repeat it because he knew that was the object of Sanders' line of questioning.

phasmid fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 10, 2017

• Locked thread