Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Peel posted:

lynton crosby ran a super racist campaign for the tory mayoral candidate who lost to sadiq khan so i'm glad he's continuing to get hosed

jim messina too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Peel posted:

lynton crosby ran a super racist campaign for the tory mayoral candidate who lost to sadiq khan so i'm glad he's continuing to get hosed

Please don't send him back to Australia.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Please don't send him back to Australia.

this is britain, you know what we do to miscreants

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

quote:

Nicola Sturgeon has been pushing IndyRef2 despite support for it plummeting leading to unionist SNP voters, who were apparently a thing, being scared off for fear of their vote for the SNP being seen as an endorsement of a second referendum. The Tories had already managed to better position themselves as the party of the union before Sturgeon claimed the leader of ScotLab supported another referendum, pushing more unionists in that direction.

Pretty spot on really. She's loving up badly on constantly putting spotlights on independence, when the electorate in Scotland is increasingly growing fed up with the SNP not focusing on other affairs of state. The recent news showing education going into free fall hasn't helped, and their inability to do proper tax reform or housing reform with the powers they've got has irked alot of people. Must admit even i'm getting tired of it.

Problem is the alternatives aren't great either - Scottish Labour is a basket case of disaster and I trust Ruth Davidson as much as I trust a scorpion not to sting me. The Scottish Conservatives have done extremely well in spin and proper targeting of areas that are traditionally Tory . The south of Scotland has already been Conservative heartland due to farmland and rich towns full of old people, while the areas in between Aberdeen are again full of rich little villages. That they've swung back to Tory is not surprising.

The future is going to be dependent really on whether or not Scottish Labour sorts itself out. Kezia is utterly useless, but Corbyn can't kick her out without risking another "London in control of Scotland" backlash. I think the reality though is that, if Labour really are on the up and moving back toward traditional flavours with Corbyn, they're going to have to do something about their party up north. The other issue though is that there's not really anyone in Scotland suitable enough to take over.

Either way, the SNP really have messed up pretty badly.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

For anyone curious about how awful The Scum is, read the top headline and see how long it takes you to figure out its about the molestation and rape of multiple teens and preteens

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
hehe Bonar Law.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/politico/status/873459716478906368

quote:

James P. Rubin is a former assistant secretary of state in the Bill Clinton administration.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Gum posted:

For anyone curious about how awful The Scum is, read the top headline and see how long it takes you to figure out its about the molestation and rape of multiple teens and preteens

the Sun is the most disgusting tabloid atrocity on the planet and their offices should be locked from the outside and burned down, repeatedly, for the good of all humankind.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Iridium posted:

the Sun is the most disgusting tabloid atrocity on the planet and their offices should be locked from the outside and burned down, repeatedly, for the good of all humankind.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

So precious.

So are the Scottish Tories going to save the UK from May?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at least it seems like the centrists are going to fall in line due to whats happened

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
https://twitter.com/Ipeetea/status/873153287092129792

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
DUP is loving disgusting, and the idea that may is gonna lie down with em is making me regret ever finding her hot

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

a minor benefit of this election is it might put to bed the stupid hype over targeted internet ads being some kind of fascist black magic

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

lol at least it seems like the centrists are going to fall in line due to whats happened

Best line from that article:

quote:

Unfortunately, then for Trump, a long-time anglophile who has talked with such delight about plans for a presidential sleep-over at Buckingham Palace later this year, U.S. security interests will require Washington to shun the Corbyn-led British in a crisis and adopt a new policy of “France first.” Freedom fries, anyone?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/goodwinmj/status/873508821544652801

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Peel posted:

a minor benefit of this election is it might put to bed the stupid hype over targeted internet ads being some kind of fascist black magic

turns out young people use adblockers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Best line from that article:

lmao

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:hai:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Peel posted:

the way it can be used to make statements to large numbers of people while making it difficult for the media to scrutinise might be a sticking point which should probably be looked at some, but I assume you're just talking about the crazy hyperbolic hot takes on it

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://twitter.com/Wokieleaksalt/status/873181051459383296/photo/1

lol
I'm looking forward to the Irish meme war.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Angepain posted:

the way it can be used to make statements to large numbers of people while making it difficult for the media to scrutinise might be a sticking point which should probably be looked at some, but I assume you're just talking about the crazy hyperbolic hot takes on it

yeah obviously it's a thing you should scrutinise and is probably somewhat better than non-targeted ads, but there was plenty of deranged tech-hype stuff about how we live in a 'managed democracy' now

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

quote:

Having debated Corbyn on and off over the last 20 years, I have no doubt that his condemnation of U.S. policy is heartfelt. The problem is that somehow for Corbyn, America is almost always in the wrong for the wrong reasons. Whether it was the first Gulf war, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan or Iraq, Corbyn not only questioned the effectiveness of U.S. policies—which was perfectly legitimate and unfortunately often accurate—but he also ascribed malign intent to them. Whether it was profit, or imperialist greed, for Corbyn, America’s motives were always suspect. To debate Corbyn was to constantly fend off labels like “corporate villain” or “war criminal.” It was rarely a respectful difference of opinion about how best to achieve shared objectives in a complicated world.
:thunk:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
It's a good reminder that centrists have a very "one million is a statistic" view of the rest of the world.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

2017 owns

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hmm yes another unbiased article from the msm. odd how there's no doomsaying about mumrah being in office or wanting to strip away human rights, just articles talking about the jeopardous jam man

🤔

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/8...r%3D370%23pti29

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/872966629046538242

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Fergal/status/873303335960498177

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

so the DUP is all old, fat, cake eaters

Fascists sure love their sweeties

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Hill and Timothy have resigned. gently caress em both, they should've bundled May out the door as they went.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Also

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/873525110795317248?s=09

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/jackbern23/status/873280591898304513

the dup is a mess haha

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
shook DUP

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

He really is the most adorable terrorist

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ruth Davidson is to defy Theresa May’s plans for a hard Brexit and tear her Scottish party away from English control after the UK Tories’ disastrous General Election result.

Amid a growing clamour among senior Tories in London for Ms Davidson to be given a top position in the UK party, her aides are working on a deal that would see the Scottish party break away to form a separate organisation.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Davidson denies this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Iridium posted:

It's called the sun because it's only positive is it's ability to provide heat and light