Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
:siren:TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS!:siren:

I'm working on banners for the new OP that'll go up next week. Take a photo of your army and post it so I can turn it into a sweet banner!

Banners I have already:

Banners I need:
- Space Marines
- Space Wolves
- Blood Angels
- Grey Knights
- Deathwatch
- Chaos Space Marines (I can make this one if I get no submissions though)
- Eldar
- Dark Eldar (I have some great model shots of Hixson's Eldar and Dark Eldar, but if someone has an army shot, that'd be preferable
- Orks
- Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum
- Sisters of Battle
- Genestealer Cults
- Harlequins
- Necrons

:siren:SUBFACTION PHOTOS:siren:
I only need an image of a single mini for these, so if that's what you've got, post it!
Marines
- Black Templar
- Imperial Fists
- Crimson Fists
- Ravenguard
- Salamanders
- Iron Hands

Chaos Marines
- Black Legion
- World Eaters
- Death Guard
- Thousand Sons
- Alpha Legion
- Night Lords
- Iron Warriors
- Red Corsairs

Imperial Guard
- Catachans

Eldar
- Ynnari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
I've got this shot of my Darnath Lysander (painted by PaintVagrant) if you wanna use it for the Imperial Fists shot:

If not, I've got a bunch of additional Imperial Fists models we could use if you want a different unit.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

poo poo, you're right. The Mek repair skill meets the criteria for "abilities that affect other units within a certain range" and since nothing is specifically stated it has no effect while embarked.

Back to the drawing board.

I know, I was super disappointed myself...

WhiteWolf123 fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 10, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Some new(?) info on that Fate of Konor Summer Campaign: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/

tl;dr: 6 weeks long, Imperium vs Chaos, Xenos wins can be used to reduce wins of Imp/Chaos, online reporting system like Summer of War had.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WhiteWolf123 posted:

I know, I was super disappointed myself...

I think based on that I might skip meks entirely, save possibly for one with the burnas, and do a biker warboss. That or just straight up use Ghaz. Weirdboyz are also cheap and offer a decent source of mortal wounds.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think based on that I might skip meks entirely, save possibly for one with the burnas, and do a biker warboss. That or just straight up use Ghaz. Weirdboyz are also cheap and offer a decent source of mortal wounds.

Ghaz (and/or a Biker Warboss) and Weirdboyz seem to be the best HQ choices for the Index Orks ATM.

Edit: I don't hate a KFF Mek protecting a loaded Loota Mobile Fortress 'Wagon either. It's some savage mobile shooting damage.

WhiteWolf123 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 10, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I can borrow my girlfriend's camera and take a decent picture of my iron hands if no one else steps up for the role

So once my AoS list is done I'll have 950 points of nurgle daemons, so I was thinking I may as well make a death guard/daemon list. Was thinking of something like this:

HQ:
Great Unclean One
Herald of Nurgle
Typhus

Troops:
7 plague marines with power axe, 2 blight launchers
7 plague marines with power axe, 2 blight launchers
20 plaguebearers with icon, instrument
20 poxwalkers
3 nurglings

Fast attack:
3 plague drones with instrument
Foetid bloat-drone

Heavy support:
Soul grinder

Dedicated transport:
Rhino with 2 combi bolters
Rhino with 2 combi bolters

The list is a little weak in AT capability, with the soul grinder's gun being the only ranged one. Pretty durable though, and access to some nice psyker powers. With the herald of nurgle nearby for +1 strength, the soul grinder and great unclean one can definitely wreck vehicles in melee. Could drop the poxwalkers for something else, I just figure they'll be cheap to get and typhus buffs them. But getting some havocs or a hellbrute or something might be a good idea instead, any advice there?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 10, 2017

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Here is a picture of my Coldstar commander for Tau if you want.

https://goo.gl/photos/ooRFKN5aXiXCDQkw8

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Agentdark posted:

So I just bought a box of guard for the first time in five years. What tips can you. Give to someone who is probably a poo poo painter so the models look decent. I'm going for a black purple and gold scheme

For guard you'll likely end up painting dozens of them, so practice a way to make them look smart relatively quickly without spending too much time on fiddly details. That way everything added later looks consistent.

The simplest way to do this is base colour then shade. For mass infantry like this it can help to start with a lighter colour and shade down, so if you're going with purple uniforms then two thin coats of Xereus or Genestealer purple to start with and follow up with a darker shade that gets the look you want. Nuln Oil for a black contract, Druchii Violet for a dark purple. Finally if you want you can drybrush or highlight back up again depending on the finished effect you're going for and how much time you want to spend on each model.

Experiment with a single model first. Thin your base/layer paints and always do two thin coats, allowing them to dry properly each time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Ghaz (and/or a Biker Warboss) and Weirdboyz seem to be the best HQ choices for the Index Orks ATM.

Edit: I don't hate a KFF Mek protecting a loaded Loota Mobile Fortress 'Wagon either. It's some savage mobile shooting damage.

The KFF Mek makes a bit more sense for the open topped wagon since it's T7 instead of T8. Another thought is to make a KFF Biker Mek and keep him outside the vehicles but keep everyone close so they're within 9".

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Army shot requests

Working on an Ork one for you now. Will send it over shortly. You're also welcome to any minis pics from my albums at http://zarkthedamned.imgur.com/ if they'll help though I doubt my old timey Salamanders will be suitable for a modern thread. If you want specific shots let me know.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

- Death Guard

Do either of these work for you?

edit: yeesh hi-res images really make my mistakes more apparent.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I assume some sort of force shot with a display or terrain would be preferred.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Edit: nvm, thought that was in reply to my post.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 10, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hopefully this is suitable - I still have stuff set up in the garage and can re-take photos with different stuff (this isn't even half my guys) if you have any requests:

I have all the different Clans represented in my collection (not this pic) if you want them for sub-faction shots.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Uroboros posted:

I assume some sort of force shot with a display or terrain would be preferred.

Yes.

Zark the Damned posted:

Hopefully this is suitable - I still have stuff set up in the garage and can re-take photos with different stuff (this isn't even half my guys) if you have any requests:

I have all the different Clans represented in my collection (not this pic) if you want them for sub-faction shots.

This is perfect!

Geoff Zahn posted:

Do either of these work for you?

edit: yeesh hi-res images really make my mistakes more apparent.

I can use these, but do you have any mans that you did the base on?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TheChirurgeon posted:

- Eldar

Feel free to peruse my scrub level painted glow in the dark Eldar, this guy at the bottom might be ok?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Feel free to peruse my scrub level painted glow in the dark Eldar, this guy at the bottom might be ok?

We need to meet up sometime and play your Eldar vs my Daemons in under a blacklight :D

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'll see what I can do tomorrow but then it'll be sans terrain. Or interesting backdrop. :sweatdrop:
Also I'm going to have to see how many guys I can squeeze into my small lightbox as well.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

I can use these, but do you have any mans that you did the base on?

Not currently - I had a mock-up of how I planned to do them years ago, but I haven't touched my guys in a long, long time. I'll base the champion if I have time this week and post it.

In the meantime, if someone else has fully painted & based Death Guard models feel free to step in!

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm working on banners for the new OP that'll go up next week. Take a photo of your army and post it so I can turn it into a sweet banner!

Banners I have already:

Banners I need:
- Space Marines
- Space Wolves
- Blood Angels
- Grey Knights
- Deathwatch
- Chaos Space Marines (I can make this one if I get no submissions though)
- Eldar
- Dark Eldar (I have some great model shots of Hixson's Eldar and Dark Eldar, but if someone has an army shot, that'd be preferable
- Orks
- Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum
- Sisters of Battle
- Genestealer Cults
- Harlequins
- Necrons

I only need an image of a single mini for these, so if that's what you've got, post it!
Marines
- Black Templar
- Imperial Fists
- Crimson Fists
- Ravenguard
- Salamanders
- Iron Hands

Chaos Marines
- Black Legion
- World Eaters
- Death Guard
- Thousand Sons
- Alpha Legion
- Night Lords
- Iron Warriors
- Red Corsairs

Imperial Guard
- Catachans

Eldar
- Ynnari

I'm not good with the photoing or the editing but if you deem them worthy here is some necrons:

Full album for you to pick through and get a good one:
http://imgur.com/a/0p7Lr

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
That'll work.

I went ahead and made one for Chaos Space Marines, though I may replace it if I can get time to take a better photo.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Looking good!

If you don't mind ridiculously old minis appearing on the 8th ed thread I can do a Space Marine army shot using my Salamanders (though in that case you're likely better of leveraging SRM's Ultras). Technically I have the Hellbats in a box somewhere if you don't mind custom chapters or the fact there's only like a couple squads in the army :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zark the Damned posted:

Welp. That's better than what I can do.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

That'll work.

Sweet! I need to paint more models.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

We need to meet up sometime and play your Eldar vs my Daemons in under a blacklight :D

Absolutely :ocelot:

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The KFF Mek makes a bit more sense for the open topped wagon since it's T7 instead of T8. Another thought is to make a KFF Biker Mek and keep him outside the vehicles but keep everyone close so they're within 9".

You could swap your goku-naut for a morka. It's a bit slower but you could always advance it along if needed

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dark Eldar if you want it:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Army banners looking good. Maybe thicken the outline on the titles, make them stand out a little more.

Wish I had something to contribute but I'm chronically incapable of actually finishing an army. :shepicide:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dug up some of my sparse scifi terrain for a group shot

e: broke out my cool prime lens

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 10, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NORTH-HALL posted:

You could swap your goku-naut for a morka. It's a bit slower but you could always advance it along if needed

The Morka can hurt itself with its weapons and does less damage in CC.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Would save you points to do what you're after though vOv

But yeah true. Could put a mek in it to hop in and out to heal as needed.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
@ The Chirurgeon

Here some pics if you want to use them:
Guard tanks:

Armageddon Steel Legion

Raven Guard Space Marines

That's an older picture of my RG at a tournament. I forgot how much I love those guys.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If anyone likes this style I can make a whole set of them and someone else can ~just add text~ since thematic text was never my forte

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
I can hook us up with Alpha Legion and Word Bearers subphotos.

Gimme a day or two and I can even take new ones on the terrain I'm working on.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

BirdieBedtime posted:

I can hook us up with Alpha Legion and Word Bearers subphotos.

Gimme a day or two and I can even take new ones on the terrain I'm working on.

That Word Bearers Maulerfiend is loving sweet!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
More details on the global campaign:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10

I know their last attempt didn't go so well but I'm kinda excited. Shame xenos get regulated to "you can manipulate the actual players instead of having fun yourself!" Though.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
So which leman russes are the best now? Is the punisher good now?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RagnarokAngel posted:

More details on the global campaign:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10

I know their last attempt didn't go so well but I'm kinda excited. Shame xenos get regulated to "you can manipulate the actual players instead of having fun yourself!" Though.

Kind of want Chaos to win.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Agentdark posted:

So which leman russes are the best now? Is the punisher good now?

Too early to say, and in 8th weapons really have a 'best for the job' thing going for them. You'll get a different answer depending on what you want your Russ to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Kind of want Xenos to force ties, or reduce everyone to zero points.

• Locked thread