Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

CeeCee posted:

Holy poo poo the comments on that. WTF is wrong with people?

I mean, I know..but still...JFC, what the gently caress is wrong with people?

"Oh, it can't be that bad, I'll go look." :stonk:

I haven't logged on since the end of KOTET but I just might to spite these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LegionAreI posted:

"Oh, it can't be that bad, I'll go look." :stonk:

I haven't logged on since the end of KOTET but I just might to spite these people.

I have a series of screeds prepared in the event that I encounter a non cishet white male in any of the games I play. I am NOT a bigot

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I just run around in my gimpsuit to make them all uncomfortable.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

I came back and finished the expansions, and the story was pretty decent. Is there enough variance from the choices you make to make it worth playing through on a different character?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

taco_fox posted:

I came back and finished the expansions, and the story was pretty decent. Is there enough variance from the choices you make to make it worth playing through on a different character?

Not really. I would only recommend a second playthrough if your first wasn't with a force user, since it makes a lot more sense that way.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I'm doing my best to kill Koth on one of my alts, it's a little different but not a whole lot.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'd have to try hard not to kill CSI Warrick.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Medullah posted:

Not really. I would only recommend a second playthrough if your first wasn't with a force user, since it makes a lot more sense that way.

The final scene where you shoot Valkorian in the loving face twice as a Bounty Hunter is well worth the price of "non-force user" admission

Like holy gently caress I had to take a minute to soak it in

Also shout out to the final battle giving my Hunter dual sabers if only for a moment during the fight in the mind for fanfic levels of "this is dumb and we know it but holy gently caress"

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

My first playthrough was with a sorcerer who deals with ghosts and consolidating power all day so I guess any other class would be downhill from there.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight have some unique dialog with Valkorian that makes the story more personal because of the history from the class stories. It's not game changing by any means, but adds a little flavor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
SW is great, the whole story arc makes a ton of sense with one.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I just finished JK and it was fine. How many times did they re-use the trope of the exploding building to move the story along though?

So now that I've finished the story I play a different character play a bunch of different stuff and get in the gear progression cycle with galactic tokens?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Yeah, pretty much. I've been playing space Barbie dress up and filling my strongholds with chairs in-between replaying the class stories because it's been years since I last did them.

In other news, do your Balmorra heroics to hit your conquest goal this week. That's No Goon is in the top ten for it so far. It's easy and lucrative.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They also reset daily and if you're 70 you can do them as part of Galactic Conquest for bonus GC poo poo.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Re: Story Chat, I've been simultaneously playing all the different character stories for the first time. I've finished SI and SW so far. I enjoyed playing a mostly LS SI, whom I nicknamed Darth Sardonis since I always chose the most sarcastic option. SW was mostly DS and turning Jaesa, etc. was the best part of that story arc. Romancing her was also hilarious since she's the sadistic goth queen who enjoys torturing people but insists on waiting until marriage.

I find it difficult to play any character as 100% DS or LS and I need to turn off the little icons showing the decision. I think the story arcs are mostly enjoyable and only fall flat when they don't fit the characters, like on Alderaan for my Smuggler where the planetary arc has him choose between Republic cheerleader and full-blown rear end in a top hat.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Smuggler should always be played as full-blown arsehole, though?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Smuggler should always be played as full-blown arsehole, though?

Full blown rear end in a top hat, always out for yourself. And best played male to sleep with all the ladies while romancing the badass Risha. Female Smuggler has to deal with creepy Corso always wanting to show you "Flashy".

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think, like most classes, it will always play better if you stick more to a character concept than an alignment. But the smuggler story is way better if you stick to the dark side choices when it's a major plot point, particularly in the later chapters.

I'll always ride for smuggler chapter 1 as the best story content in the game. It's easily got the best villain in the whole game. He's probably in the running for best villain in A video game if you ask me. You LOVE to hate that guy, and the conflict is so multilayered and personal. And then the whole Risha / Nok Drayen storyline is really interesting, and there are so many unique supporting characters with real personalities, like the overbearing customs agent on Taris. And it stays funny the whole time!

It takes a nosedive when you wrap up all that and get sucked into the Empire/Republic conflict, and basically that's when you should go full-bore dark side on the story choices and be a crime boss instead of an errand boy. At least you get a fun ending out of it that way.

I'll always have a soft spot for the female smuggler voice, because it was one of the first characters I played and her line readings are so quirky. She plays it with a cowgirl twang and an undercurrent of crazy, and if you are playing a ruthless criminal, it works great. But I will agree that storywise you're better off with the guy. (It is always fun riling up Corso by flirting with other dudes though.)

Risha really is badass. I never really thought about it, but not only does she buck the trend of female romance options always being young subordinates who you completely creep on, she's your freakin' boss for half the game. She's dragging you along on HER adventure.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Risha really is badass. I never really thought about it, but not only does she buck the trend of female romance options always being young subordinates who you completely creep on, she's your freakin' boss for half the game. She's dragging you along on HER adventure.

It's kind of like a Remington Steele sort of dynamic.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

5.2.2 Patch Notes:

• Corrected an issue where a player would be unable to summon their active Companion after entering and completing a Warzone

Finally, what an annoying bug.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some nifty stuff coming in 5.2.2: http://dulfy.net/2017/06/12/swtor-upcoming-items-from-patch-5-2-2/

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Is that a bowcaster sniper rifle that has moving limbs as it fires :stare:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Probably just a ready/holster animation.

Edit: http://dulfy.net/2017/06/13/swtor-dread-warlord-command-pack-preview/

Bowcaster is a plat drop so going to be rather rare.

Tunings are now in collections as of the new patch, need to unequip and reslot existing ones to get them to register though.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 13, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So just over 1100 Command tokens to get all 14 slots filled with 230 gear, though I'd just buy the set pieces you need.

2 million for Legacy 25% GCXP boost assuming you have someone at 300 already.

This is a good patch.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah, gonna need Ninja Robot Companion ASAP.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nonentity, are those sabers meant to address my request for more unadorned sabers like we had in KOTOR and KOTOR II? Because if so, me likey.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I just pinged 70, but I'm still at a loss as to how the end game works. How should I be using my tokens when they drop?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

CeeCee posted:

Holy poo poo the comments on that. WTF is wrong with people?

I mean, I know..but still...JFC, what the gently caress is wrong with people?

Forget it, Jake. It's the SWTOR community.

And while I've not been on much beyond checking auctions on Harbinger and not reading up at all on what's going on as of late, I do admit to actually laughing loud enough to wake one of the cats when I read the email for that thing with rewarding the community for promoting inclusivity. I couldn't help but think "Inclusivity? From the community that's probably only beat out for vitriolic toxicity by the DCUO community?" It still makes me smirk. So, as I'm patching, I'm reading up on this version of the Nightlife event and since I haven't found any mention, might as well ask here. Any chance in hell of that exquisite tommygun being available?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Chickenwalker posted:

Nonentity, are those sabers meant to address my request for more unadorned sabers like we had in KOTOR and KOTOR II? Because if so, me likey.

Sure, why not?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Sure, why not?

I'm glad they added tunings to collections. You do good work with those and having them so limited was BS.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

I'm glad they added tunings to collections. You do good work with those and having them so limited was BS.

I am glad too, it's another one of those "Why is this the way it is" things.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

This doesn't seem right

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahahahahahaha that's amazing.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Turbl posted:

This doesn't seem right

For real, it's short by 2? 3? pairs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nonentity please don't fix that

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Turbl posted:

This doesn't seem right

I don't know. I look at it and see new guild stronghold decoration.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Nonentity please don't fix that

I don't know if even I could.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So what of the new stuff leaked is yours? The bowcaster? Kurai Intimidator?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

NO WAITING A MONTH WITH NO LUCK FOR THIS GUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Maybe instead of gambling for that you should have been running Alderaan endlessly to support the 4th place we got to last night. :colbert:

• Locked thread