Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'd like to believe this, but 2016 did more than just damage the American political system forever, it tore the mask off a lot of the American public. People I knew, love, and trusted, people who raised me to be tolerant and understanding and fair and all that other free-loving hippie poo poo, revealed themselves to be enormous bigoted hypocrites when they thought all that feel-good policy talk might actually impact their own lives, however slightly.

My parents TODAY still tell me they don't see why the media is still making a big deal about Trump, he hasn't done anything wrong yet, why are you kids being so obnoxious about this? They didn't even vote for him, they voted for Jill Stein! It feels like a percentage of the moderate population got body snatched, and it's heartbreaking.

I wish I had no idea what you are going through. Seeing my Dad who was moderate right start chugging along to crazy right has been painful. Like he actually blames the democrats being mean to Gerald Ford as the cause for a lot of the bullshit in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tiny Sad Theresa is adorable. Almost makes me feel sorry for her.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Get ready for Batman cartoons, folks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Get ready for Batman cartoons, folks.

What happened now?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cythereal posted:

What happened now?
Adam West died.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cythereal posted:

What happened now?

Batman died.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's new government – After a bungled election campaign that saw the Tories lose their Commons majority, Theresa May has asked the Democratic Unionist party to help her form the next government"

Chuffing magic.

The smashed Clegg-nochio, the stomped Farage, the Horse, the Sodomy, the Corbyn Scarcrow giving the ol' 'gently caress you'. :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Kelly will be heartbroken

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Xander77 posted:

Adam West died.

Well that's a bummer way to start a Saturday.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RIP The Grey Ghost.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want the batman cartoons.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Xander77 posted:

Adam West died.
Rule of three. Who are the other 2 going to be?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Batman died.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Faustian Bargain posted:

With any luck, someone else who is 88 and hasn't actually done anything in years?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Xander77 posted:

With any luck, someone else who is 88 and hasn't actually done anything in years?

Didn't he do voice acting on Family Guy? I mean admittedly that's not much, but he wasn't entirely obscure.

Edit: Tenses!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I made this for some reason.

The hack cartoonist is coming from inside the thread!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

It did but man, the Clinton hate is just something extraordinary.

History has seen little like it. Check out this classic from 1996:

"The New Yorker posted:

It is often said that in ancient times a man who stood accused of breaking an urn that he’d borrowed from a neighbor was permitted to make the following tripartite defense: that it was already broken when he borrowed it, that it wasn’t broken when he returned it, and that he never borrowed it in the first place. The popular prosecution of the First Lady’s character has availed itself of a similar latitude. In the course of a single conversation, I have been assured that Hillary is cunning and manipulative but also crass, clueless, and stunningly impolitic; that she is a hopelessly woolly-headed do-gooder and, at heart, a hardball litigator; that she is a base opportunist and a zealot convinced that God is on her side. What emerges is a cultural inventory of villainy rather than a plausible depiction of an actual person. George Orwell once wrote, with some wisdom, “Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proven innocent.” At times, it seems that Hillary Clinton has been labelled a saint in order that she may be found guilty. The cover of a recent newsweekly emblazoned “SAINT OR SINNER?” under her photograph. Are those really the choices?

Nothing has changed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WHAT'S THE ONE PART OF BATMAN'S BACKSTORY THAT EVERYONE KNOWS?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

muscles like this! posted:

He hates clowns?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Maaaarthaaaaaa!!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Has this Eli Valley been posted?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Kegluneq posted:

Didn't he do voice acting on Family Guy? I mean admittedly that's not much, but he wasn't entirely obscure.

Edit: Tenses!

you're right. god should have taken him earlier

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

the guy who invented hawaiian pizza also died.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Get ready for crying Batman cartoons, folks.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Faustian Bargain posted:

Betty White
Sean Connery

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The voice of Wallace from Wallace and Gromit died earlier this week :smith:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

poo poo. I feel bad I forgot about that. :smith:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That he never ever kills people. All those previous scenes and panels of him killing someone don't count.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

That is depressing to hear.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

don't those loving people understand it's better to pay some one else to paint your selfie!!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

That is depressing to hear.
He was 96 so it's the best-case scenario you can possibly have for that sort of thing.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Noted parent-haver, Batman.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

"Getting real tired of your poo poo, Joker"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pants Donkey posted:

He was 96 so it's the best-case scenario you can possibly have for that sort of thing.

He was cast in a sitcom about old men being old in 1973.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

The New Yorker posted:

It is often said that in ancient times a man who stood accused of breaking an urn that he’d borrowed from a neighbor was permitted to make the following tripartite defense: that it was already broken when he borrowed it, that it wasn’t broken when he returned it, and that he never borrowed it in the first place.
Is this really "often said"?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

• Locked thread