Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If it's for his X1/9, that's actually better, they're something like ET35 standard.

Edit: I am wrong

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I really like driving this piece of poo poo PT guys. It's just mindless and I don't give a gently caress if somebody hits the doors.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Rhyno discovers beaters/winter vehicles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Rhyno discovers beaters/winter vehicles.

REdiscovers. All I owned from 16-31 were piles of poo poo.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Why does it have to be illegal for me to have wheels that extend literal inches beyond the actual body of my car? Once I'm not phone posting, I'm going to find a geometry calculator, because this is getting hard to visualize, and being able to doublecheck my assumptions would be nice before I spend $150 on half a set of E30 wheels

And yeah, stock is 24/25mm offset for the Croms, depending on your specific wheel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do we have a concrete cleaning expert here? Is there a coating I can spray on my driveway that will be invisible but keep fluid leaks from soaking in?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

Do we have a concrete cleaning expert here? Is there a coating I can spray on my driveway that will be invisible but keep fluid leaks from soaking in?

Look up hydrophobic coatings, appears there's several on the market. Phone posting so didn't dig into them much...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Short answer: cardboard.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Look up hydrophobic coatings, appears there's several on the market. Phone posting so didn't dig into them much...

It's not Rhyno's driveway, I wouldn't risk something that changes the color/surface of the concrete. Especially for a pissing PT Cruiser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's not just the PT, the 6 was spitting transmission fluid all over the place from a bad seal. I just don't ever want to sit out there with a wire brush ever again.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Evenly coat the entire spot with used oil, making sure you get right up to the edges for a nice consistent colour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Evenly coat the entire spot with used oil, making sure you get right up to the edges for a nice consistent colour.

This did come to mind.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Honest answer -- I've had good luck with this for years: https://www.amazon.com/Oil-Eater-AOD1G35437-Cleaner-Degreaser/dp/B000EALHHG

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You can save the time/labour of doing it by buying a Land Rover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Awesome, will give this a shot.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Awesome, will give this a shot.

Spray it on and let it sit is all I've ever done. I've never even scrubbed or rinsed afterwards, it seems to tear down the oil and it washes away with the rain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

Spray it on and let it sit is all I've ever done. I've never even scrubbed or rinsed afterwards, it seems to tear down the oil and it washes away with the rain.

Even better. I do have a recently acquired power washer to expedite the wash away process if need be.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Owwwww my back. Laid down sod out front to replace a stupid planter the previous owners put in that was just a nasty weed pit. Vibe was so weighed down that I bent the tailpipe backing up the driveway, lol.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Hopefully the sod takes, that stuff is a bitch to install. Looks pretty good so far though

In non-wheel chat, either I've suffered a recent traumatic brain injury, or my clutch is on its last leg. The already mushy bite point has just become a gradient of unpredictable responses and metallic squeaking

Also, this one very handsy guy comes into my work every couple of weeks and always requests me as his server. Last night, he very firmly grabbed me and sat me down with him for a picture with his arm around me, without asking or explaining until I was in the booth with him. I'd like to tell him to stop because it makes me super uncomfortable, but I got $60 extra in tips from his table for putting up with ~5 minutes of being hit on and occasionally touched nonsexually, so I guess that works out in my favor :sweatdrop:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Hammond needs to either slow down, or get good.

Needs a booster seat so he can see where he is driving.

Or, needs stilts so he can reach the pedals.

The most amazing thing about this is the fact his rocket car crash and coma was already 11 years ago. Where the hell has time gone?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A dude showed up to C&C in an pristine '90 Protege this morning and I forgot to take pictures. Reminded me of how much I love the BG chassis and how when I think of a small sedan it's what I always picture.

Basically this but the paint was like a mirror and the interior looked brand new. Had some nice wheels on it as well.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno, from the last thread, about Mitsu Evos posted:

I never liked the styling until the X.

30-pounds-lighter Rhyno, from this thread:
1990's Proteges uggnnnghhhn

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

30-pounds-lighter Rhyno, from this thread:
1990's Proteges uggnnnghhhn

I'm gonna buy a BG and slap an EVO X wing on it JUST YOU loving WATCH ME.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

I really like driving this piece of poo poo PT guys. It's just mindless and I don't give a gently caress if somebody hits the doors.

When you bought this, I was going to run a book on how long it would be before you said that you were starting to like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spog posted:

When you bought this, I was going to run a book on how long it would be before you said that you were starting to like it.

I didn't buy it!

Also I don't enjoy driving it, let me be clear. It is boring and awful and gutless and terrible. I enjoying not having to give a poo poo about it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

I didn't buy it!

Also I don't enjoy driving it, let me be clear. It is boring and awful and gutless and terrible. I enjoying not having to give a poo poo about it.

Welcome to non-AI appliance ownership.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
False alarm. Diagnosed meant he found his answer and needed to sell a doctor on it. Jumped the gun. Reactivating stealth mode.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:what:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DICK DICER posted:

False alarm. Diagnosed meant he found his answer and needed to sell a doctor on it. Jumped the gun. Reactivating stealth mode.

webmd strikes again

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Pham Nuwen posted:

webmd strikes again

I think this is the first confirmed case of internet health research ending up with a diagnosis other than cancer.

And what do I do now with this massive, worm loaded pile of dicks?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I didn't buy it!

Dude having a beater is amazing. See my Vibe picture above. Filled with dirt and bugs and bashed the tailpipe. Who cares. I have the Corvette and bike when I want to go fast and have fun, but having an appliance-mobile is just great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

opengl128 posted:

Dude having a beater is amazing. See my Vibe picture above. Filled with dirt and bugs and bashed the tailpipe. Who cares. I have the Corvette and bike when I want to go fast and have fun, but having an appliance-mobile is just great.

I want to keep it even if I get an Evo/whatever next spring!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna buy a BG and slap an EVO X wing on it JUST YOU loving WATCH ME.

Just import a Familia GT-X sedan? They made them, though as I recall they weren't really as good as the ultimate Mazda, the BG 323 GT-R.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The Gorester is a finicky beast. And it rides really nicely.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bicycle people, I call on you again. My wife has tried some new bikes and we're thinking of going that route. The two she likes best are:

Diamondback HaanJenn Metro, $550 at REI which means we'll get $50 back at the end of the year (https://www.rei.com/product/108765/diamondback-haanjenn-metro-womens-bike-2017)

Cannondale Quick 4, $500 at the local Trek store down from a normal ~$700 (here's the bike at REI https://www.rei.com/product/108565/cannondale-quick-4-bike-2017)

The Diamondback has disc brakes while the Cannondale has rim brakes. The Diamondback is 1x9 gearing while the Cannondale has 3x7. They're both quite light and comfortable. Is there a reason to go with one brand over the other? Are the disc brakes a big enough enticement to pick the Diamondback?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Commie posted:

Just import a Familia GT-X sedan? They made them, though as I recall they weren't really as good as the ultimate Mazda, the BG 323 GT-R.

Dude we both know if I'm gonna buy another Mazda it's the one sitting at your house.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Wrar posted:

The truth has been revealed!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Wrar posted:

Cant wait for the stories.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

opengl128 posted:

I'd honestly kinda like having a Vibe. Toyota Matrix without the Toyota price tag. But both of them have gotten really hard to find in decent shape. :smith:

I have a friend who bought a base model Matrix brand new in ... 2005? Still has it, has really low miles for its age (75k last time I saw it, which was a year and a half ago). I might start asking her when she wants to get rid of it. The paint is trash and it's full of parking lot dings and has a bit of hail damage, but she's fanatical about maintenance and keeping the interior clean.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I sold my matrix xrs to a co-worker a couple days ago, for his son's first car.

They are both good people, and I think it's in good hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Vibe/Matrix is a right cool car. My ex bought one brand new (she wanted a fuckoff SUV but I talked her out of it) and it was fantastic. She promptly traded it in when we broke up and she bought a Nissan Titan.

• Locked thread