Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

If there was another world where 98% of the people disappeared, some of them would have had dogs around them when it happened, just like in the 2% disappearance world. So there would be crazy dogs running rampant there too, just approximately 49 times as many of them. That would be one of mankind's first issues. (Possibly its greatest?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Loved the finale. I can't believe I never thought much about where the 2% went or considered that scenario. I would watch another series from that perspective a la the tail section survivors in Lost. It's hard to pick a favourite moment but I immensely enjoyed Nora's conversation with Laurie especially her reaction when Laurie suggests she wants to go to the dance. I really liked that the last episode focused on Nora, it just felt right.

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
now that the show is over it's time to post your best leftover pics and the kevin garveyiest gifs you got

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I don't have a gif, but I like in the s2 finale when John says to Kev: "I killed you" and Kev just kinda dumbly replies ".. Nope."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Canadian Surf Club posted:

now that the show is over it's time to post your best leftover pics and the kevin garveyiest gifs you got

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, in the ABBA trailer for the last season, there's a quick conversation between Jill and Kevin, where it goes something like

Jill: I guess this is it.
Kevin: What do you mean?
Jill: The whole "world ending" thing?
Kevin: *laughs* Oh, right...

Did this happen? Or was it cut?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Was in the first episode.

Also, I forgot about the bagel thing. That poo poo was great. Like I'm loling at how absurd that was. Season 1 Kevin was best Kevin.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Fuuuuuck. I need to rewatch already. That was that woman's phone right?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/FsHAqnv.gif

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Did I do it right?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Easier to get a reservation after the Departure, I bet.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Last Chance posted:

I don't have a gif, but I like in the s2 finale when John says to Kev: "I killed you" and Kev just kinda dumbly replies ".. Nope."
I laugh out loud at that even when I read it. I've said it before but Kevin's reactions are my favorite thing in the show.

Anyone have a gif of "uh it's uh Garvey" when the flowers arrive at his hotel room?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SLOSifl posted:

I laugh out loud at that even when I read it. I've said it before but Kevin's reactions are my favorite thing in the show.

Anyone have a gif of "uh it's uh Garvey" when the flowers arrive at his hotel room?

:shrug: All I have are Euros...

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Nrst_MIBg

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Last Chance posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=258ZtwjxxnU&t=105s

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Re-watching this show again and this was such a good scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqArJAc7j4Q

"Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm just finally glad we talked about it".

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

This is my favourite.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
"So, what? I'm just supposed to accept Evie is dead because they matched her dental records?"

"Y... Yes?"

Great Kevin/John exchange from early this season.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Niwrad posted:

Re-watching this show again and this was such a good scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqArJAc7j4Q

"Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm just finally glad we talked about it".

Ann Dowd is so loving good.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/s504IWu.gifv

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

WrightOfWay posted:

Ann Dowd is so loving good.

This is one series I'm going to come back to over and over again for a rewatch.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

tomapot posted:

This is one series I'm going to come back to over and over again for a rewatch.

I recommend a rewatch. So much stuff I missed or didn't appreciate the first time through.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Not sure if anyone saw this but Lindelof talks about what they might have done with more episodes. A Murphy-centric one and one that comes entirely from the perspective of Pillar Man sounds like it would be really good.

https://www.vox.com/2017/6/7/15751918/leftovers-finale-interview-damon-lindelof

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, I like to think Nora wasn't lying, just because I love the idea of alternate Jarden being a deserted ghost town and there being a 14 person ton in the outback that only lost an egg.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q14rHLvMco

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I believed Nora.

Listening to her story was like if we listened to Kevin tell us about his Assassinland trips. If we as the audience didn't have the luxury of seeing his experiences then I'm sure they'd sound just as hosed up and unbelievable and stupid.

"And and...I had to take out my loving dick. So it could be scanned. Twice. As myself the Assassin and as the President of the United States. And and...Patty. Patty was there as my Secretary of Defense!"

:tinfoil:

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

AndyElusive posted:

I believed Nora.

Listening to her story was like if we listened to Kevin tell us about his Assassinland trips. If we as the audience didn't have the luxury of seeing his experiences then I'm sure they'd sound just as hosed up and unbelievable and stupid.

"And and...I had to take out my loving dick. So it could be scanned. Twice. As myself the Assassin and as the President of the United States. And and...Patty. Patty was there as my Secretary of Defense!"

:tinfoil:

It's funny to think that she was lying but he believed her, then imagine after the last scene of the show he starts explaining his story thinking of course she would have to believe him too. But instead she's like "OK no, you lost me at the dong-biometrics".

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

El Jeffe posted:

Now I'm back to wondering why the scientists were so selective about who goes through. As far as I can tell, anyone who fits in the sphere can go through, yet they only allow people who are morally righteous and/or mentally stable. Or maybe they just test whether the subject really wants to go or not?

Kevin's dad ran into that guy who got rejected for giving the opposite answer of Nora and who immolates himself for it. Combined with Nora's story about tracking down the scientists and camping out on their doorstep, it supports the idea that the scientists were looking for determination above all else. Also it strikes me that both of these parts have some intersectionality or whatever with random poo poo an American has heard about Buddhism, for whatever that's worth.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just finished the last two episodes last night and feel very satisfied, but then I woke up to the nightmare that is this thread

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
You see this thread is like a cork, it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Did anyone ever translate what the Mexican doctor was saying in International Assassin?

Also, what was the Russian guy saying in "Most Powerful Man"?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

and the claw won! posted:

Kevin's dad ran into that guy who got rejected for giving the opposite answer of Nora and who immolates himself for it. Combined with Nora's story about tracking down the scientists and camping out on their doorstep, it supports the idea that the scientists were looking for determination above all else. Also it strikes me that both of these parts have some intersectionality or whatever with random poo poo an American has heard about Buddhism, for whatever that's worth.

I thought it was being able to answer the question without hesitation, like Kevin Sr. did. Otherwise people ratilonalize their way out of it in the moment they're in the machine(which I believe Nora did).

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
You have to be less than human to have believed for an instant that Nora was lying

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

You have to be less than human to have believed for an instant that Nora was lying

Uhhh.. Ok, dude. :stare:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah you'd have to be a dog idk

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah you'd have to be a dog idk

Dog Sniper was right the whole time.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Uhhh.. Ok, dude. :stare:

it's okay. i read about this. i think that's called "Hyperbole" -- i looked it up via Google

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Last Chance posted:

it's okay. i read about this. i think that's called "Hyperbole" -- i looked it up via Google

Yes, I know. But at the same time, goons.

Add that to the fact that it was specifically filmed and acted to be taken either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Care to explain?

• Locked thread