Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I enjoyed dishonoured much more when I treated it as a murder simulator. :P The DLC for the first dishonoured is lots of fun as well, and the definitive edition which comes with all the DLC is only 30 bucks on the ps4 store.

EDIT: basically I try to play like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSu_C03RMk

lambskin fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Hah, skilled playthroughs of DH / 2 are always fantastic to watch.

How are Arkane so good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Hah, skilled playthroughs of DH / 2 are always fantastic to watch.

How are Arkane so good.

My favorite moment so far is when the player throws Solokov off the roof, jumps after him, stops time, and kills every guard at ground level before snatching Solokov out of the air.

Style.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It just totally owns. Style is the best word for it.

I want to play as Corvo in Prey.

But Yu in DH could also be awesome, for those times you want to shotgun something or immolate them, or watch summoned Typhon aggroing everyone. Gloo gunning around dunwall.

Just the look of Dunwall is awesome on its own.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 10, 2017

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Definitely check out stealthgamerBR, he makes some awesome high chaos runs through dishonoured. This is probably one of his most stylish ones from DH 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4rZYpByZQo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've twice gone to use something only to be sucked in like its a recycler grenade. Is this supposed to happen and I just got unlucky?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Jose posted:

i've twice gone to use something only to be sucked in like its a recycler grenade. Is this supposed to happen and I just got unlucky?

You've made a dangerous enemy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jose posted:

It is supposed to happen.

In the volunteer division there's a desk with some stuff on it and a note saying "why is this volunteer stockpiling this stuff and how did he get access to goddamn recyclers?"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well he's dead now. Just got the second thruster chipset upgrade and being able to boost up instead of falling slowly is real good

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jose posted:

Well he's dead now. Just got the second thruster chipset upgrade and being able to boost up instead of falling slowly is real good
Yeah, this double-jump plus the mobility upgrades turns you into the Doom Marine. You start just loving dunking on the Phantoms that were loving you up earlier in the game.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ravenfood posted:

You start just loving dunking on the Phantoms that were loving you up earlier in the game.
By my experience the only thing required for this is Psychoshock and a shotgun. :v: Add in an upgraded stun gun if you wanna be really mean. The latter also wrecks Technopaths.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

now that i've finished i decided to watch a speedrun and you can break the poo poo out of this game

in a sequel they need to make the psy powers much better because i basically never used any other than psychoshock and the electrical one. rare cases of mind meld or whatever to remove mind control or telepathy to grab something in a risky place. i got the sprint one hoping it would work like blink in dishonored but nope

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

You can use the fire ability and the kinetic blast one to basically instakill groups of enemies, which I found pretty useful since psychoshock has a longer cooldown than those powers. Phantom genesis and mindjack is also really useful, since having high powered phantoms on your side is a real game changer.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

lambskin posted:

since having high powered phantoms on your side is a real game changer.

Typhon buddies = best buddies, better then turret buddies. And if they die, you can collect exotic materials from them.

Someone please phantomize Alex and take a screen shot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i was playing on normal which might have affected it. Are there more enemies on the harder difficulties i just assumed it would be less ammo and they'd do more damage

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I posted earlier about playing at a friend's and not seeing items you can pick up glowing like they're supposed to, and apparently there IS a solution which I'll pass along in case anyone else has the same issue:
Anti-aliasing. If it's turned off, you won't get the glow. You need to have it on at least the lowest enabled setting. Not sure if this is true for all GPUs or whatever, but this is what worked for him.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

He turns into a Poltergeist.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bogart posted:

That's cool. Do any of the other characters turn into anything special?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bogart posted:

Really, a friendly poltergeist?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
The double jump isn't fixed. I just went to the rotating Transtar billboard and got an impact amp.

brain dammej
Oct 6, 2013

^^ that's not where the double jump is. It's at the conclusion of the 'Disgruntled Employee' sidequest.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bogart posted:

Isn't phantom type just random though? Or he is actually guaranteed to become a poltergeist?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I am on my second game. I haven't gotten morph yet on this play through. I am kind of surprised at how many doors/entrances you can open with the recycler grenade or Nerfgun. Nerfgun even works on computer screens.

In zero-g, is there any way to make it so you don't automatically slow down to walking speed? I want to hit sprint, reach high speeds, and just keep going without slowing down, as you should in outer space.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I am on my second game. I haven't gotten morph yet on this play through. I am kind of surprised at how many doors/entrances you can open with the recycler grenade or Nerfgun. Nerfgun even works on computer screens.

In zero-g, is there any way to make it so you don't automatically slow down to walking speed? I want to hit sprint, reach high speeds, and just keep going without slowing down, as you should in outer space.

Have you tried holding down the Sprint button? It's supposed to speed you up to 10m/s or something like that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Have you tried holding down the Sprint button? It's supposed to speed you up to 10m/s or something like that.

They're asking for newtonian physics instead of automatically slowing down when you let go of the button.

But unless I missed it, no, you can't do that

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Thundercracker posted:

The double jump isn't fixed. I just went to the rotating Transtar billboard and got an impact amp.

You want the other guy. go to the same side of the station the shuttle is on, about a third of the way down, and head out into the black and you will find him

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Or stand on the billboard and wait for the green dot to appear.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

GUI posted:

The backtracking and plethora of loading screens that came with the final act were especially bad.

Same. This sort of ruined it for me, as well as seeing a filename that spoiled the whole ending while I was trying to figure out how to disable the intro videos.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

New standalone (short?) Dishonored game. More info in the DH thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782717&pagenumber=95

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 12, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Typhon buddies = best buddies, better then turret buddies. And if they die, you can collect exotic materials from them.

Someone please phantomize this poster and take a screen shot.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't get the joke?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
what the gently caress?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO's PM posted:

Hi Palpek,

I wanted to ask if you could please give me a funny probation?

I'm trying to collect one from all of the mods.

Thanks for your time!
I'm only trying to be helpful here but as always everybody hates on the good guy :rolleyes:.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Palpek posted:

I'm only trying to be helpful here but as always everybody hates on the good guy :rolleyes:.
Oh, well, if he asked for a probation, then it makes perfect sense.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
no amount of shrimp will make up for this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I have no idea what you're talking about, if you have any concerns regarding shrimp please contact your local bakery.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
That's a rather long probation, though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Blattdorf posted:

That's a rather long probation, though.

I believe :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nordick posted:

I believe :thejoke:

How is it funny. What moron says "LOL! 100,000 hours! Now THAT is comedy GENIUS!"

Is this like that stupid spongebob gag where spongebob and patrick get in trouble for whispering 25 back and forth in boating school?