Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

If it ended a few hours ago EST, it would be ending right about then in MST!

As someone who lives in MST and deals with people in EST every day, people in EST (and PST) tend to not understand how timezones work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Lurdiak posted:

YOU WILL BE THE ONE ESCAPING!

Ha... Hahahaha!

Whirlwind's laugh is forever burned into my brain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PoptartsNinja posted:

As someone who lives in MST and deals with people in EST every day, people in EST (and PST) tend to not understand how timezones work.

No, we just forget their's timezones that aren't on coasts.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

No, we just forget their's timezones that aren't on coasts.

We forget there're people that aren't on coasts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

We forget there're people that aren't on coasts.

well, "people" is overly generous

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doc Hawkins posted:

America still needs your help! :patriot:

It was so hard to walk away from that. :argh:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

prefect posted:

It was so hard to walk away from that. :argh:

At least once I convinced my Dad to give me more quarters because of that line. "But dad! I'm not asking for me! You heard him, it's for America!" I learned a valuable lesson that day - make people laugh hard enough, and they will give you things.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

At least once I convinced my Dad to give me more quarters because of that line. "But dad! I'm not asking for me! You heard him, it's for America!" I learned a valuable lesson that day - make people laugh hard enough, and they will give you things.

I still remember that a midlevel boss was a giant mechanical octopus named "Mech Taco".

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gynovore posted:

I still remember that a midlevel boss was a giant mechanical octopus named "Mech Taco".

And that if you found the sweet spot its lasers couldn't hit you.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Here's Kate Beaton on Wonder Woman

Also felt I should say I watch Leni Riefenstahl films, so I will never tell someone they shouldn't consume any piece of media because of a moral objection

That last comic is the first time I've laughed out loud from a funny comic panel post and it wasn't from a comic book :c00lbert:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Oh my god, I have been looking for that panel for years. Thank you so, so much!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So what was this arcade game about anyway? Beat-em-up?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4hzuYulW0

e: Man I spent so much money on this game.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Pureauthor posted:

Fairly stardard side-scrolling beat-em-up. Fun, although it ate quarters faster than [fat celebrity] goes through [food]. The 'engrish' was pretty bad in places.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah, but it's not a good one. It was released in an era when people were still trying (and failing) to capitalize on the success of Final Fight. Turns out the plan behind Captain America And The Avengers was the classic "slap a popular license on a terrible game and watch the money roll in" plot.

If I remember right, the big selling point was the voice samples mentioned above. That wasn't really a thing in arcade games in 1991.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Didn't one of the pages from Hawkeye have a tribute mockup of the first screen of the game?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Choco1980 posted:

Didn't one of the pages from Hawkeye have a tribute mockup of the first screen of the game?

Is it this one?

Not a panel, but relevant:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I miss Matt Fraction.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Is it this one?

Not a panel, but relevant:

So...

Like COPS, only K9 officers?

Reality show following K9 officers through training?

Puppet Dogs, like they did on that show Dinosaurs, only all the characters are dogs who are policemen?

"Ripped from the headlines" drama focusing on a K-9 unit in a big city?

Animated show about cops who are dogs in a society like Zootopia or bojack horseman?

Animated show about dogs who are cops in a society which evolved only from dogs?

One of the above, only instead of police, they're animal control?

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0359hSerDeE

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

https://youtu.be/znM9YD2J3Cw

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Sexual Shiite posted:

So...

Like COPS, only K9 officers?

Reality show following K9 officers through training?

Puppet Dogs, like they did on that show Dinosaurs, only all the characters are dogs who are policemen?

"Ripped from the headlines" drama focusing on a K-9 unit in a big city?

Animated show about cops who are dogs in a society like Zootopia or bojack horseman?

Animated show about dogs who are cops in a society which evolved only from dogs?

One of the above, only instead of police, they're animal control?

A division of police who specialize in dealing with dogs who are not good boys.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

A division of police who specialize in dealing with dogs who are not good boys.
There's no work for such a division, seeing as all dogs are good boys.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In the canine justice system, the dogs are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The dog cops, who investigate crime, and the dogstrict attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

BOW WOW

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Push El Burrito posted:

In the canine justice system, the dogs are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The dog cops, who investigate crime, and the dogstrict attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

BOW WOW

I'm laughing way too hard at this.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I just pictured, like, a live action show where the whole cast is exclusively dogs, and they put the dogs in costumes and follow them around filming them, and then try to build a story around whatever the dogs did, with voiceovers by, like, Will Arnett and Stacy Keach and Tony Todd.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dareon posted:

I was actually thinking about that comic just now and realized. In my head, Namor, the Sub-Mariner, ruler of all Atlantis and the realms beneath the waves... is voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

(And also that I was pronouncing it sub-muh-REE-nuhr when it's probably supposed to be sub-MEH-rihn-uhr)

I used to think his name was pronounced "Nah-mor" rather than "Nay-mor". :D

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Woebin posted:

There's no work for such a division, seeing as all dogs are good boys.

No one said it was a reality show.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Phylodox posted:

I just pictured, like, a live action show where the whole cast is exclusively dogs, and they put the dogs in costumes and follow them around filming them, and then try to build a story around whatever the dogs did, with voiceovers by, like, Will Arnett and Stacy Keach and Tony Todd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hwZotllHc

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Basically.

e: Man I spent so much money on this game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

As the years went on, I began to be convinced my memories of this spy chimp were just a childhood hallucination. Thank you :allears:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Section Z posted:

As the years went on, I began to be convinced my memories of this spy chimp were just a childhood hallucination. Thank you :allears:

I'm still not convinced they weren't.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Red Skull in his "haha, I'm in the Ideal American Body, and am just going to wreck America by being extremely American" incarnation is a bit too real these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Red Skull in his "haha, I'm in the Ideal American Body, and am just going to wreck America by being extremely American" incarnation is a bit too real these days.

That nazi who got punch got fat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

That nazi who got punch got fat.

I like the theory that he's wearing body armor, because nazis are one of the few marginalized groups that should fear for their lives on a daily basis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I like the theory that he's wearing body armor, because nazis are one of the few marginalized groups that should fear for their lives on a daily basis.

As long as he keeps his face free for punching.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's outsmarted you by having his face separated from his head.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Just saying that I would watch the hell out of every one of those Dog Cops ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, well, blame Arizona for messing it up for yall.