Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They've apparently been working on improving the AR mode: https://streamable.com/0kgf7

Looks neat, but I don't know anyone who didn't turn off AR mode as soon as they realized they could. Especially since it drains your battery even faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
Occasionally I'll turn on the AR camera when I find something cool and/or want to take a funny picture with my kids and then my whole phone locks up and reboots so if they want to fix that I would be down.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The biggest battery killer for me is the Bluetooth! Every time I switch it on for the GO+ watch thing, the charge drops faster than a Thai hooker, it's absolutely bonkers at times :argh:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I hatched a Tyrogue yesterday, with matching top stats in Def and HP. Fucker evolved into a Hitmonchan :argh:

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Finally got a metal coat, nice to know my 5 hatched onixs and 126 candies wasn't completely useless.

Now if only I could do something with my 7 aerodactyls....

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

Now if only I could do something with my 7 aerodactyls....

Act smug around the people still trying to find/hatch one?

(I have 4 :hfive:)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Parrotine posted:

The biggest battery killer for me is the Bluetooth! Every time I switch it on for the GO+ watch thing, the charge drops faster than a Thai hooker, it's absolutely bonkers at times :argh:

Really? I found my battery usage was better after I got the plus. Like, not having my screen on constantly is worth it alone.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Act smug around the people still trying to find/hatch one?

(I have 4 :hfive:)

The opposite, I've hatched 7 but no snorlax/lapras

All my onixs are hatched as well, I just want something good from a 10k!

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Away all Goats posted:

Really? I found my battery usage was better after I got the plus. Like, not having my screen on constantly is worth it alone.

I thought that the app stopped working when the screen turned off?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Quabzor posted:

I thought that the app stopped working when the screen turned off?

Nope, if you have a Pokeplus connected you can lock your screen/tab into something else and it works.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psion posted:

well when you're busy sabotaging them left and right can you blame them

I spend more time leveling up gyms that aren't level 10 than shaving. There's a bunch of names I recognize in my local gyms but I've never met a single one of them yet. It leads me to believe that 1. The game is really bad at encouraging co-op play because you can't message your teammates in-game, or 2. Every one of those players is spoofing.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Just hop on your town's local PoGo Facebook page. Ask around for your team and maybe they'll point you to their own separate [Your Town] + [Your Team] page. I'm on a group text with a couple of my town's most proactive Instinct people and we go around helping each other's gyms. It's hard to get people together to kill gyms at the same time, but when you do, a level 10 enemy gym goes down so easy in like 10 minutes or less with just like 3 or 4 people working together.

We currently have an unspoken pact to leave Mystic gyms alone if we can help it because Valor is the de facto spoofer team here.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Why wouldn't it? This game is stupidly profitable

For now, but Niantic seems very resistant to putting in core features of Pokemon like trading or pvp battling. That should have been in at launch, and failing that, a few months after at the latest.

I suppose the player base might be satisfied with no social interaction of any kind in-game and extra features being added at random over long stretches of time, but I can't imagine it's too likely.

I mean, the gyms are already more or less totally locked down by Blisseys, and spoofers still go unbanned with hordes of perfect, super powerful pokemon. No regular player can compete. How long is a game like that sustainable?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Bible posted:

For now, but Niantic seems very resistant to putting in core features of Pokemon like trading or pvp battling. That should have been in at launch, and failing that, a few months after at the latest.

I suppose the player base might be satisfied with no social interaction of any kind in-game and extra features being added at random over long stretches of time, but I can't imagine it's too likely.

I mean, the gyms are already more or less totally locked down by Blisseys, and spoofers still go unbanned with hordes of perfect, super powerful pokemon. No regular player can compete. How long is a game like that sustainable?

As long as when I click my ponyta it goes Neigh! game is sustainable.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

reignofevil posted:

As long as when I click my ponyta it goes Neigh! game is sustainable.

It doesn't neigh, it loving whinnies! :argh:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Willsun posted:

Just hop on your town's local PoGo Facebook page. Ask around for your team and maybe they'll point you to their own separate [Your Town] + [Your Team] page. I'm on a group text with a couple of my town's most proactive Instinct people and we go around helping each other's gyms. It's hard to get people together to kill gyms at the same time, but when you do, a level 10 enemy gym goes down so easy in like 10 minutes or less with just like 3 or 4 people working together.

We currently have an unspoken pact to leave Mystic gyms alone if we can help it because Valor is the de facto spoofer team here.

I'm in a discord for the greater Seattle area, but as far as I can tell, there's no local Facebook group for my city in the suburbs. In general, Valor has it under control for the most part, but it would be nice to take down the few Mystic gyms too. If the gym system allows us to message each other somehow, then that would be a good compromise, but I know that would probably cause all sorts of havoc and trolling.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
After only catching one since Pokémon started, and none through eggs, I find this guy in my house this morning:

Average stats, but I'll take it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So come Tuesday, are all the gyms emptying out? Or is that later and unrelated to the event?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

So come Tuesday, are all the gyms emptying out? Or is that later and unrelated to the event?

The 16th afaik

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Thanks to Niantic, for hosting the event in Murder USA. Think I'll pass on the trip to Chicago, and continue being alive.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Divine Styler posted:

Thanks to Niantic, for hosting the event in Murder USA. Think I'll pass on the trip to Chicago, and continue being alive.

Yall said you wanted PvP battles but when the chips are down you run away

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Divine Styler posted:

What's more shocking here: Bill O'Reilly is a goon or plays Pokemon go?

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Divine Styler posted:

It's being held in Chicago, not Detroit or Flint? :confused:

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Divine Styler posted:

Look at this guy on team yella.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

mastershakeman posted:

Yall said you wanted PvP battles but when the chips are down you run away

:golfclap:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/solstice2017

quote:

Trainers,

With summer quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and winter approaching in the Southern Hemisphere, we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the upcoming solstices than with a Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon GO event.

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on June 13 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on June 20, 2017, Trainers around the world will discover more Charmander, Cyndaquil, Growlithe, Houndour, Ponyta, Swinub, Vulpix, and their Evolutions. You’ll also want to keep an eye out for Sneasel, Magmar, Cloyster, and other Fire types and Ice types!

It’s time to perfect your Poké Ball throws, Trainers! Throughout the event, you’ll receive huge XP bonuses for successfully catching Pokémon with Nice, Great, and Excellent Throws, as well as Curveballs and First Throws. Additionally, as you walk around your neighborhoods or discover new sights, you’ll earn even more XP for hatching Eggs. To help you take advantage of these awesome XP bonuses, Lucky Eggs will be 50% off in the in-game shop.

Get ready to explore the world around you—there are even more exciting updates coming your way soon!

—The Pokémon GO team

So double xp for basically for everything except evolving. We're never gonna get that mass evolve button.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm glad they specifically said cyndas, because I'm still mad totodile didn't show up extra during the water event and I had to walk (well, drift) one 100km to get my Dex entries

Now I'm just walking a ttar forever I guess since I have no clue what'll be useful in the new meta.

I wish you could walk Dex entries you don't have by buddying the square and then walking 100km or something

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I CANT WAIT FOR MORE PONYTAS

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I currently have 0 Cyndaquil and like three Charmander ever (including my starter) so this is going to be great. No Houndour either.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Everybody wants a pony :allears:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Parrotine posted:

Everybody wants a pony :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPCcf86ZKnM

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, besides a Magmar nest near my apartment a few weeks back, NYC is absolute poo poo for fire and ice types, so this should fill out a few more entries.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
If I can catch enough Swinub to evolve and one Lapras this event I'll be happy.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

If I can get a Houndoom and a Typhlosion I am done and I can stop playing this stupid game (until gen 3 arrives).

Except Unown, of course. loving Unown.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I really really don't understand the rarity of a lot of mon. Here in Phoenix, rock and fire, yes, Geodudes and Growlithes as common as rats, but we also get nests of water mon. Ice mon. Everything but dragon pretty much. I mean okay you might have to drive a half hour to get to a nest in Mesa, but it's worth it in the winter months. Other than the regionals and Unown I've filled my dex. And I have never left the Phoenix metro area (as far as Anthem, west as Surprise, east as Mesa, and south as...Glendale?).

If there was a Dratini or Larvitar nest though, everyone I know would be sick that day, and that park would have a line for parking.

I wonder if egg XP hatch increases start today with a full nursery or with all new eggs?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Lmao a 100%IV 1296CP Chansey spawned in Riker's Island this morning, gently caress Niantic.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I scored a 100% Blissey last night

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Event starts in one hour today, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU