Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
good job Chris "Devo" "The Dragon" Devenski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Correa better do something to make up for this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Springer taking an 84 mph pitch at belt level concerns me

He'll strike out swinging out of his shoes at a pitch in the dirt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please don't GIDP again Correa TIA

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
yay Correa

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thanks Carlos

A little surprised Altuve didn't go first to third on the deflection but the Astros have been pretty bad about taking the extra base this season

And wow on the replay it really looked like Altuve is dogging it to second, that's not something I expected

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Correa redeemed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Homer prone fastball/slider closer who even looks physically similar to Lidge, glad Pujols isn't the tying run after Correa's single

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Leadoff walk. It begins.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Leadoff walk. It begins.

It's nice that Pujols still gets enough respect that a fastball over the plate at belt level is called a ball as long as he acts like it almost hit him because he was cheating on the slider

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

Homer prone fastball/slider closer who even looks physically similar to Lidge, glad Pujols isn't the tying run after Correa's single

Serious question: Do you have nightmares/flashbacks about that home run? Are you in fact Brad Lidge?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Serious question: Do you have nightmares/flashbacks about that home run? Are you in fact Brad Lidge?

The only reason that homerun isn't called The Dong or whatever like The Drive and The Fumble is because the Astros won the series, it's literally the most memorable single moment of Pujols's career (for Astros fans at least)

Even if he had hit a cheapie it wouldn't have been that bad, the fact that he hit a 700 foot monster or whatever just sucked all the air out of the stadium. You could argue Lidge was overworked, but god walking Eckstein... ugh

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Nice

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

It's nice that Pujols still gets enough respect that a fastball over the plate at belt level is called a ball as long as he acts like it almost hit him because he was cheating on the slider

"Son, when you pitch a strike Mr. Pujols will let you know."

Intruder posted:

The only reason that homerun isn't called The Dong or whatever like The Drive and The Fumble is because the Astros won the series, it's literally the most memorable single moment of Pujols's career (for Astros fans at least)

Even if he had hit a cheapie it wouldn't have been that bad, the fact that he hit a 700 foot monster or whatever just sucked all the air out of the stadium. You could argue Lidge was overworked, but god walking Eckstein... ugh

I think we looked it up at the last Chicagoon get-together and it was "only" 468 feet. It's top 3 for me definitely, but him lighting up the Cubs at Wrigley and him hitting 3 home runs in a row in Game 3 in 2011 are close calls.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yay Astros win :toot:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

"Son, when you pitch a strike Mr. Pujols will let you know."

I think we looked it up at the last Chicagoon get-together and it was "only" 468 feet. It's top 3 for me definitely, but him lighting up the Cubs at Wrigley and him hitting 3 home runs in a row in Game 3 in 2011 are close calls.

I don't believe for a second that was 468 feet. It was still on its way up when it hit the window

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Astros had better not gently caress this year up. They're adorable, McHugh is good people and Beltran deserves a goddamn ring.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

I remember reading later on that on the flight to St Louis for game 6 someone got on the plane PA and said "if you look out your window you can see Pujols' HR" or something to that effect

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

fast cars loose anus posted:

I remember reading later on that on the flight to St Louis for game 6 someone got on the plane PA and said "if you look out your window you can see Pujols' HR" or something to that effect

I'm pretty sure it was Berkman, as quoted in "One Last Strike".

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah, Lidge supposedly laughed and it was supposed to prove that he wasn't going to be psychologically destroyed by the HR and then welp

(except for the one year with the Phillies)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
6 runs in the time it took me to turn some sprinklers on. I'll take it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sale good

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Pancakes posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Berkman, as quoted in "One Last Strike".

Goddamn that's brutal

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Goddamn that's brutal

Found it: "Berkman, who was playing for the Astros then, and the rest of their club were flying out that night to St. Louis. Berkman got a few guys' attention and said, pointing out his window, 'Hey, look, there's Albert's home run ball.' Berkman made a very quiet flight to St. Louis into a fun ride that helped the team turn the page. They wound up beating us the next game."

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

bump_fn posted:

sale good

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
have yourself a night, chris tillman

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Found it: "Berkman, who was playing for the Astros then, and the rest of their club were flying out that night to St. Louis. Berkman got a few guys' attention and said, pointing out his window, 'Hey, look, there's Albert's home run ball.' Berkman made a very quiet flight to St. Louis into a fun ride that helped the team turn the page. They wound up beating us the next game."

Lidge would then give up a walkoff homerun to Scott "Scott Podsednik" Podsednik in game one of the WS so clearly he didn't turn the page

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mitch :worship:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
When Brandon Podsednik hits a home run, you know it was a good pitching play.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Double header sweep! :toot:

Matz looked pretty good today! Welcome back!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Yankees definitely called the number in the title.

I love this team.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I think the Yankees have this game guys

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
verlander fighting for the loss

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bilirubin posted:

holy poo poo i just looked

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

What happened in the third inning? :sad:

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Don't care who wins this jays/mariners game but i hope it's good baseball!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mitch is good at baseball imho

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Blue Jays are 4-46 with RISP in June. Go Blue Jays! (they won't)

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah i just saw that on sportsnet holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rutledge growing on me

• Locked thread