Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

WampaLord posted:

Also didn't he do AI?
He was just fulfilling his friend's dream on that one

I'll maintain that The Lost World was an okay movie wait why do I have the feeling of deja vu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Black Panthers and Nation of Islam were very different. The Panthers were self styled revolutionary Marxists who really liked posing guns and wearing black leather jackets. The Nation were completely bonkers.

Not that bonkers. I totally buy the story that Dr Yakub created me and the other white people as an evil science experiment.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
RLM Thread Cumsensus, Good:

Whatever Jay said.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 11, 2017

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Space Taxi posted:

RLM Thread Cumsensus, Good:

Whatever Jay said.

I saw all of those movies (except John Wick 2 [and Baby's Day Out, obv.]) and enjoyed them before I heard what Jay had to say about them. In fact, I've never even heard him talk about most of those so, you're wrong.

e: also most people ITT hate Jay movies

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
The Raid was great. The Raid 2 I turned off after 10 minutes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

e: also most people ITT hate Jay movies

I saw the Greasy Strangler and half of Neon Demon because of Jay, and if my time was actually worth anything, I'd be mad at him for wasting it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know I'm trying to think of movies that have made me angry watching them and it doesn't happen often since I don't put myself in situations where I watch lovely movies, but I don't think I've ever been more made at a movie than in Troy where they dealt with the death of Patroclus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cz7u8RPYKo
As soon as they find out it isn't Achilles they just decide to quit the battle despite the fact that the Trojans have the Greeks right where they want them. They all just loving stop fighting in a battle of thousands somehow too.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Movie logic

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 11, 2017

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

reignofevil posted:

Didn't Spielberg do war of the worlds lol.

War of the Worlds was a solid flick though.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Archaic posted:

War of the Worlds was a solid flick though.

I view this with enhanced suspicion.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I saw the Greasy Strangler and half of Neon Demon because of Jay, and if my time was actually worth anything, I'd be mad at him for wasting it.

I watched and enjoyed both those movies before Jay ever talked about them and when he did I was pleased to see we agreed. Like usual.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The Greasy Strangler looks very gif-able

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I'm trying to think of movies that have made me angry watching them and it doesn't happen often since I don't put myself in situations where I watch lovely movies, but I don't think I've ever been more made at a movie than in Troy where they dealt with the death of Patroclus

The only two movies that come to mind that made me actually angry are Numbers and Immortals. Immortals is like someone made a screenplay out of the table of contents in a Greek mythology textbook, and Numbers tricked me into watching a movie about Intelligent Design.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I saw the Greasy Strangler during a Halloween over-night marathon thing at like 2am and it ruled watching it with a captive audience. I've never seen an audience reaction like that before.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I don't think a movie has ever made me angry.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 11, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

achillesforever6 posted:

I hated Spanglish. There's a part where Tea Leoni's talking to an emotionally unavailable Adam Sandler, and she says, "How can you be so stark-raving calm?!" I somehow knew what she was going to say the moment she opened her mouth, and it was so stupid, and I'm sure the writers' room really patted themselves on the back about it. It just made me so mad. Plus I was already mad that I was watching Tea Leoni acting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I saw the neon demon because of jay

That's why jack is now daddy

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I want Jay to be my personal movie curator. Like, when I want to watch something but I don't know what I'm in the mood for, he could just say "here" and put on some weird poo poo I've never even heard of before.

His Twitter feed is basically that though. Everything I've watched on his recommendation, I've liked.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

HoAssHo posted:

I want Jay to be my personal movie curator. Like, when I want to watch something but I don't know what I'm in the mood for, he could just say "here" and put on some weird poo poo I've never even heard of before.

His Twitter feed is basically that though. Everything I've watched on his recommendation, I've liked.

"Jay, whats the bes movie bby?"
"U R"
He puts you in the VCR. Then you wake up.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I did have a Jay dream once. I was much taller than him and it made him intimidated and fearful and he wouldn't date me because of it even though he was ugly in the dream and I was much hotter and I kept trying to tell him that the height difference shouldn't be a problem because he could just stand on a step stool or something but he was too scared of me. I'm 5'2".

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I saw the neon demon because of jay

That's why jack is now daddy

Mike is forced dad

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

HoAssHo posted:

I did have a Jay dream once. I was much taller than him and it made him intimidated and fearful and he wouldn't date me because of it even though he was ugly in the dream and I was much hotter and I kept trying to tell him that the height difference shouldn't be a problem because he could just stand on a step stool or something but he was too scared of me. I'm 5'2".

People recoil in horror from me in real life as well as dreams.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I enjoyed Dredd but have trouble remembering any memorable scenes, it was that forgettable. That's a huge step up from TFA, where I kind of enjoyed it but can only remember the plot holes.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Dredd was competent without being remarkable which is still fine for a Dredd movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Snatch Duster posted:

Mike is forced dad

Mike drinks too much to get boners his dick is ruined by alcoholism

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike sees something that is kinda like a different, star trek thing. And suddenly he grows hot in the cool theater.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 5 last night. It was mind numbinglyboring.
The movie started at about 8:20 and is TWO AND A HALF loving HOURS.
Parents were leaving early with their kids. I mean I guess it's on them for not checking how long it was gonna be but drat I wish somebody brought me out early.

Anyway, as for the movie itself, it has precisely one well-made scene involving a bank robbery and everything else is the most generic trash imaginable.

The humour is bizarrely juvenile and Depp is basically playing a caricature of himself at this stage.

My GF described it as the most expensive movie ever made to cater entirely to 8 year olds.

Whole characters just disappear from the film with no explanation including a witch (????)

All in all it was super boring and I'd recommend avoiding at all costs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love Dredd and it's one of the very few movies I can think of that I actually enjoyed the 3D, it added to the movie significantly seeing it in the theatre. All the leads are great, especially Lena and Karl.

Also stuff like this:

:supaburn:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Double post but o snap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgRaI8UPovU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

omg

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

priznat posted:

I love Dredd and it's one of the very few movies I can think of that I actually enjoyed the 3D, it added to the movie significantly seeing it in the theatre. All the leads are great, especially Lena and Karl.

Also stuff like this:

:supaburn:

I saw it in 3D also and it is the only legit movie I have seen that is any good with it.

gently caress PG13 forever for ruining decades of movies.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
It has some good action.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

#FUCKMUMMIES, a hashtag with a thousand uses.. Or two.. Pretty much just two.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat, I can see why they didn't include the actual mummy costume in any of the marketing it looks loving horrible.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

LOL Tom Cruise becomes The Mummy at the end?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ugh jay is a loving idiot, he said, "this movie is not made for dummies..."

*me waiting in anticipation*

"...the movie is made for people who don't speak English"

Are you retarded Jay? You set yourself up for saying "this movie is not made for dummies... its made for mummies" and I would have lost my poo poo, but you hosed it all up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

His "Show me the mummy" joke was pretty killer imo (I am a 90s kid, I remember stuff).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mike on fire in this ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
"It was loving delishish."

Jay's gay lisp fell out of the closet.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 11, 2017

• Locked thread