Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh it was a gift? In had it on mute lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

iospace posted:

Well, you did double post there.

:iceburn:

Ham sticking his hand inside Senna's helmet and hoisting it up was a little grotesque, wasn't it? I thought he was going to take him for one last lap of Gilles.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Norns posted:

Lewis you aren't Senna and cuddling a dead man's helmet in Canada is strange

Not the first time he's cried while grabbing another man's helmet,

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

Nicooooooo...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

:eyepop:

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Wow, Lewis really was driving like a man possessed on that pole lap

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Looking forward to that 50fps onboard courtesy of Liberty Media on the official F1 YouTube channel.

I missed all of qualifying but fortunately looking forward to that 50fps qualifying highlights courtesy of Liberty Media on the official F1 YouTube channel.

Hulkenberg 10th. Massa loving owns. Ocon seems like he's gonna have a juicy career. Please put Hulk in at Williams as massa's permanent replacement. Time to come home Hulk.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
How hosed up is Michael Douglas right now?
edit: talking of poles.......... I wonder if he still blames the cancer he had on oral sex?

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 10, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

And I have a kart race tomorrow so I'm going to miss the race.

:same:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-responds-mclaren-criticism-lost-916407/amp/

Honda response to Zaks public criticism. Just more deluded we need more time bullshit.

gently caress you, Honda.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
gently caress Honda!!!!!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

gently caress Honda!!!!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-responds-mclaren-criticism-lost-916407/amp/

Honda response to Zaks public criticism. Just more deluded we need more time bullshit.

gently caress you, Honda.

What do you want them to say, exactly? "Zak is right and consequently we're overnighting a brand new flawless engine to Montreal."

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"Zac is right and we have decided that we would now like the help offered by Mercedes"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

"Zac is right and we have decided that we would now like the help offered by Mercedes"

quote:

Honda is understood to be using consultants to help it progress, with Hasegawa insisting: “I’ve never said we don’t want help from outside. It is happening but I don’t disclose with who.”

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

What do you want them to say, exactly?

"Zak is right and consequently we're hiring 'Super Mario' Illien effective immediately and are phoning up MAHLE to license all their ignition and injection technology they've pioneered with Ferrari."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

What do you want them to say, exactly? "Zak is right and consequently we're overnighting a brand new flawless engine to Montreal."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/873576371179708419

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

amazon is taking the promotion of this show to new heights.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Was going to make a joke about Hammond improving the car's appearance, but unlike most concept type cars, it's actually awesome looking.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
God bless you iospace, I give thanks and pay tribute to our kindly and just moderator overlord. :allears:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCEXycC2Uo

:3:

Also onboard pole lap is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmsQMR6KUNE

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

HamiltOWNS

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wow, Hamilton smashed Seb's lap, and Bottas and Kimi weren't even close to him. Gonna have to rely on lack of physical fitness, lack of hydration, or on track meltdown to make this a positive result.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why not all three?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Why not all three?

Go big or go home

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So the helmet given to Lewis is confirmed to be a replica but he IS getting the actual race-worn helmet at a later date during a ceremony. Probably in Brazil?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

gret posted:

HamiltOWNS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

HamiltOWNS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

WIN BY SEPTEMBER

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/873678090286891008

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

well that's a hell of a lap there :stare:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Lies and desperation by June!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You guys just missed a call-in from Fernando Alonso into the coverage for the IndyCar race right now.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

harperdc posted:

well that's a hell of a lap there :stare:

The time is amazing but the on board actually looks so bland.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wrong thread

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Carth Dookie posted:

The time is amazing but the on board actually looks so bland.

Being super tidy really benefits these cars. Any sort of off line movement means less ability to put power down on the road. The wider tires means 'hunting' in the corner for the right line is much more punishing towards apex speed. More speed is more aero is more downforce = the smoother and faster your approach to a corner, the harder you can take it and the sooner you can power out of it.

The 2017 spec favours Lewis's driving style more than the 2016 cars did, and if Merc can solve the tire heating/performance/wear issue, you can expect him to start driving away again.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

You guys just missed a call-in from Fernando Alonso into the coverage for the IndyCar race right now.

What'd he say? I don't really get into Indy oval racing aside from the 500.

I would love to see Nando at Sonoma or Long Beach.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

geeves posted:

What'd he say? I don't really get into Indy oval racing aside from the 500.

I would love to see Nando at Sonoma or Long Beach.

quote:

Two-time Formula 1 World Champion Fernando Alonso has said “why not?” when asked on an American telecast if he’d consider switching to the IndyCar Series fulltime in future.

Alonso – who led 27 laps on his first series start in this year’s Indianapolis 500 – agreed to dial in from Montreal, where he’s racing in F1 this weekend, to NBCSN’s live coverage of the Texas race.

When asked if he might consider a full-time switch to America’s premier open-wheel series, if a suitable F1 drive didn’t arise, Alonso replied: “Uh, why not?”

He added: “I mean, I'm very open to anything. I don't have a clear answer right now. I would be lying if I told you I know what would happen next year.”

Alonso appeared transfixed by the spectacle of the Texas race, which featured thrilling side-by-side racing from the start, and appeared enthused by the potential to race outside the Indy 500 in future.

"Watching now the race, these guys, they are the best guys,” he said. “I have to learn many things to do one race, I need to learn so many more to do the whole season.

“I'm more ready to do F1, try to find the best car possible out there. I would look at different options.

“Indy 500 would be the first priority for the triple crown, but full-season another time, why not?”

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/alonso-fulltime-indycar-f1-switch-916999/

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Between this an the earlier, "Need a competitive engine by September" just add this to Alonso out of fucks.

I always substitute his name for Enrico Palazzo in the Naked Gun.

"Hey! It's Fernando Alonso!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Someone pleeeeeease get Fernando a LMP1 drive

• Locked thread