Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The White Dragon posted:

can't you buy the digital licenses anyway

Yes but owning the games and not having them ready to play is disgusting.

Sakurazuka posted:

You could just delete some stuff

Pshh yeah and then what? Not have them in the list with a colorful picture so that I can look over all the games I own like a dragon hoard?? Ok pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A while back people were talking sugar about some Sherlock Holmes game. Which was it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Crimes and Punishments?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my friend just sold me a brand spanking new asus vg248qe monitor on the cheap because he decided to get a even brander and spankier new monitor instead and now i have two extremely big high resolution monitors to play games like shovel knight and hotline miami on

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Crimes and Punishments?

Sounds about right, thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Sounds about right, thanks

There's also a sequel called The Devil's Daughter which isn't as good but worth it if you like C&P and see it cheap.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

There's also a sequel called The Devil's Daughter which isn't as good but worth it if you like C&P and see it cheap.

I disagree, it's frustrating and not worth your time imho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why don't all game developers get together and figure out what menu to put Subtitles in

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Why don't all game developers get together and figure out what menu to put Subtitles in

and why are they never on by default

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Really Pants posted:

This would be an abomination in the lord's eyes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I play with subtitles off :c00l:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Really Pants posted:

whhaaaaa? they're always on by default and every time i play a new game i have to turn them off because i have ears

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

subtitles rule

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sometimes the sound design is really bad and it is good to have the subtitles on, unless you are one of those lunatics who does not care about the story in games.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wandle Cax posted:

whhaaaaa? they're always on by default and every time i play a new game i have to turn them off because i have ears

They're never on when I play which means I'll have to replay at least one cutscene to actually understand what happened.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sometimes the sound design is really bad and it is good to have the subtitles on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioCAW1gpUys&t=694s

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

played a couple of rounds of overwatch and dominated, is it because 144hz is an unfair gaming advantage? who can say... whgo can sya

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Subtitles are good because I don't live in sound a proof room/sometimes I listen to podcasts or music or watch Netflix and they help prevent mondegreens.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

codenameFANGIO posted:

Pshh yeah and then what? Not have them in the list with a colorful picture so that I can look over all the games I own like a dragon hoard?? Ok pal.

You can still dragon hoard in the library, it has every game you've ever touched even if they aren't installed.

Cowcaster posted:

played a couple of rounds of overwatch and dominated, is it because 144hz is an unfair gaming advantage? who can say... whgo can sya

There are some really bad overwatch players, when I tried it for the first time during the free weekend it took me five matches to get killed once (the opposition got better after I relogged).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

codenameFANGIO posted:

unless you are one of those lunatics who does not care about the story in games.

It's me I'm that lunatic but I turn subtitles on to know which objective I have to do to get to the next gameplay thing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Regardless of your feelings on subtitles, I think we can all agree that games that launch directly into the story right out of the publisher logos without allowing you to access an options menu first are just the worst.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CJacobs posted:

Regardless of your feelings on subtitles, I think we can all agree that games that launch directly into the story right out of the publisher logos without allowing you to access an options menu first are just the worst.

Agreeee

I like to play games in windowed mode so having one that won't let me find out if it has a vital setting within a minute of opening the game is just asking for a refund.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you ever have one of those days where you're rip-roarin' ready to go and get stuff DONE, and then you set everything up and then realize something critical is missing that shouldn't be and no matter what you can't find it, and suddenly you just don't feel like doing a single god drat thing anymore for the rest of the day

in this case I had a whole lot of things I was going to sell, I remember spending half an entire day laying everything out and taking nice photos of every single item before putting them in bags and storing away until they sell, but it seems those photos just vanished into the loving aether because they're nowhere to be found, and now I'm just slouching here half-heartedly clicking on video game LP videos because I've lost my motivation altogether

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/r5jt7v.mp4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yep that's me rn

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/zthlj2.mp4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

looks like you just got dash rendered

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Someone drew a cute picture for me in Mario Maker, but it's in Japanese and I can't read it. Anybody willing to help me out here?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing ffxv and man the story makes no sense. Im on chapter 5 and the characters seem to know why we are doing things but they wont tell me.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Sam Faust posted:

Someone drew a cute picture for me in Mario Maker, but it's in Japanese and I can't read it. Anybody willing to help me out here?

"came here"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
pretty much, "came here" is about as accurate as you can get

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Which Jedi- game is this?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CJacobs posted:

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There was a Medal of Honor game on PS2 about the Pacific Theatre of WW2. It threw you immediately into the attack on Pearl Harbor, presumably to simulate how out of nowhere it felt at the time and how unprepared the soldiers stationed there were

Thankfully you'll get to kill hundreds and hundreds of Japanese soldiers in the following missions, oohrah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Every game should feature a diegetic way to set all your various options within the fiction of the game. Those are always the best

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hello, Hero. Time to calibrate your suit/augments/memory. Look up at the flashing green light please. Now this one down here. Good job. Now this one of the left. And the right. Great. You're ready for your first suicide mission

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51wHlWY1uM&feature=youtu.be Well that came out of nowhere

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/marcoscrislop/status/873728833995911168

do you ever just sigh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Between this and the Kirby/Yoshi with toes, I guess there's a sick, sick market for drawing popular cartoon characters only with realistic human features

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

Similar: games where you can only access the options menu while in game and not on the title screen. JRPGs had a habit of doing this for a long while.

• Locked thread