Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the squirrel stuff, guys. She was the cheapest hero I liked the look of - even though 250 splinters still took a long while - and has turned out to be lots of fun.

The Punisher being ridiculously gruff is far funnier than this irritating cutesy act of hers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Thanks for the squirrel stuff, guys. She was the cheapest hero I liked the look of - even though 250 splinters still took a long while - and has turned out to be lots of fun.

The Punisher being ridiculously gruff is far funnier than this irritating cutesy act of hers though.

See should have gone all random hero, all the time. Its the lords way.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kea posted:

no rando box in the ps4 version

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

That is awful.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Random boxes are like 80% of the fun in this game.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Brother Entropy posted:

Mr gazs worst mistake

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

malhavok posted:

Random boxes are like 80% of the fun in this game.

Truth, brother. I pulled Venom from one tonight.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ramadu posted:

Mr gazs worst mistake

a bold claim but i can't say you're wrong

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think they want people to pay real money for characters this time around, instead of getting 60% of the roster in a month

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

cams posted:

i think they want people to pay real money for characters this time around, instead of getting 60% of the roster in a month

I understand the logic behind it, how much, in real cash, would a character cost on the PS4?

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Kea posted:

I understand the logic behind it, how much, in real cash, would a character cost on the PS4?
Pretty sure most if not all of them cost 900 gaz funbucks like on PC, so 10 dollars.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

mystic pimp posted:

Pretty sure most if not all of them cost 900 gaz funbucks like on PC, so 10 dollars.

Jean Grey costs $13.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

mystic pimp posted:

Ah thats a bit steep, I think 10 dollars is right on the limit of a lot of peoples "minor payment" threshold. They might do better pricing them at around the $5 mark,. but who knows.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kea posted:

PS4 so as already mentioned I'm limited to spending shards or about £12 at a time.

I remember something about getting a big chunk of splinters when you first beat Doctor Doom, ut that doesn't seem to be the case.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Punisher Cosmic trial is absolute horse poo poo.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

PS4 so as already mentioned I'm limited to spending shards or about £12 at a time.

I remember something about getting a big chunk of splinters when you first beat Doctor Doom, ut that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've leveled 7 or so characters to 10 and am currently running Daredevil through chapter 8 at level 50. I'm at 680 shards, and the only other character that clicked was Jean Gray.

It's kind of nuts how slow the drip is. I get wanting people to spend money but if I hit 60 with DD without getting enough to buy Jean I think I'll be forever done.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

PJOmega posted:

I've leveled 7 or so characters to 10 and am currently running Daredevil through chapter 8 at level 50. I'm at 680 shards, and the only other character that clicked was Jean Gray.

It's kind of nuts how slow the drip is. I get wanting people to spend money but if I hit 60 with DD without getting enough to buy Jean I think I'll be forever done.

The drip is nuts. I was getting exactly one splinter approximately every 10 minutes before I quit playing again, meaning it would take me ~83 hours of active, out of town play to buy an average hero. For christ's sake, they don't even give you enough loving splinters to start to buy anyone outside of Angela, Squirrel Girl or Nova. That on top of missing a bunch of content, not having random boxes, BOGO, events, etc. and every hero being ~$10 a piece at a minimum just completely soured me on the whole thing. Oh right, and couch co-op, the main reason I was excited about the console port in the first place, sucks total rear end.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Hauki posted:

The drip is nuts. I was getting exactly one splinter approximately every 10 minutes before I quit playing again, meaning it would take me ~83 hours of active, out of town play to buy an average hero. For christ's sake, they don't even give you enough loving splinters to start to buy anyone outside of Angela, Squirrel Girl or Nova. That on top of missing a bunch of content, not having random boxes, BOGO, events, etc. and every hero being ~$10 a piece at a minimum just completely soured me on the whole thing. Oh right, and couch co-op, the main reason I was excited about the console port in the first place, sucks total rear end.

Couch coop is currently restricted to Daredevil and whomever else was bought. Being unable to play with two accounts is an amazing wtf moment.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

they want you to spend money and do not care if you don't play their game.

you get 525 splinters when you start.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Yeah, they went overboard in the other direction from the PC game. Their slow development time lead me to blow 6000 splinters on ult upgrades because i hadn't had anything to spend them on in months.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

cams posted:

Considering how multiplayer freemium games spread that's a horrible method for increasing attachment metrics. Thanks for your valuable input though, we'll be sure to come running to you for further insights.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PJOmega posted:

Considering how multiplayer freemium games spread that's a horrible method for increasing attachment metrics. Thanks for your valuable input though, we'll be sure to come running to you for further insights.
*spews poo poo from anus about a developer's business decisions, gets super defensive about whining*

lol eat your own poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're not supposed to read your own stage directions.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you want to say "these things are expensive and i won't buy them" that is one thing, going "they are clearly making a bad business decision here by not catering to my whims" makes you an entitled baby cause you don't know poo poo

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Dear Gaz, Injustice 2 let's you allow the AI to play the game when you're doing things to avoid grinding or learning how to play yourself. Please add this so I can get pointless boxes and stuff whilst watching mindless youtube videos.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

Dear Gaz, Injustice 2 let's you allow the AI to play the game when you're doing things to avoid grinding or learning how to play yourself. Please add this so I can get pointless boxes and stuff whilst watching mindless youtube videos.
people pour money into future fight and you don't even actually play that ever, so this idea has legs

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

cams posted:

people pour money into future fight and you don't even actually play that ever, so this idea has legs

Japan, as usual, is superior in all things

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Im honestly surprised they havent gone with the typical method, give you enough for one or two heroes right at the start then another one in a few days then another after a week or so to encourage people to keep playing. Then again I dont know how fast you collect ES on the ps4 version so maybe that covers it?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

if you want to say "these things are expensive and i won't buy them" that is one thing, going "they are clearly making a bad business decision here by not catering to my whims" makes you an entitled baby cause you don't know poo poo

Jesus are you getting free splinters for every inch of Gaz you swallow or something

Cause how do I sign up for that so I can start playing The Version They're Clearly Going To Only Care About

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Jesus are you getting free splinters for every inch of Gaz you swallow or something

Cause how do I sign up for that so I can start playing The Version They're Clearly Going To Only Care About
people who don't act like entitled babies about their toys are part of a conspiracy to trick me

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cams posted:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cams posted:

i got 400 splinters to start and they wouldn't give me the difference, even though they raised the cost of all the heroes

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hauki posted:

i got 400 splinters to start and they wouldn't give me the difference, even though they raised the cost of all the heroes

did you not log in over the weekend before they patched that when they gave everyone 525 splinters for free?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Hauki posted:

For christ's sake, they don't even give you enough loving splinters to start to buy anyone outside of Angela, Squirrel Girl or Nova.

Hauki posted:

You've said this like four or five times. They mailed everyone who had this issue 500 additional splinters, so even if you bought one of the 250 splinter heroes you could get an additional 525 hero. If you didn't get them in your in game mail, that's lovely and continue expressing your dissatisfaction, but a new player gets 525 so how you keep describing it in the thread sounds like misinformation.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gaz are bad lol

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Gaz owns, hard. Get real.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cams posted:

did you not log in over the weekend before they patched that when they gave everyone 525 splinters for free?

katkillad2 posted:

If you didn't get them in your in game mail, that's lovely and continue expressing your dissatisfaction, but a new player gets 525 so how you keep describing it in the thread sounds like misinformation.

I did login that weekend explicitly for that reason and got nothing to show for it :shrug:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Gaz is the only marvel developer that had the BALLS to release superhero icon Helicarrier to the community.

I think that should explain their greatness.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That PS4 port sounds like hot garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

cams posted:

paying to not play future fight gets you stuff like Dormammu which looks cool and helps you not play even faster and better

paying to not play MH at this point would get you what, a handful of ravager sprays and some event tokens?