Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dunbar posted:

Did Fall and Rise of Captain Atom end up being worth reading? Just picked up #6 from my LCS and realized that since The Rumored Thing must not have happened (or I'm sure it would have been everywhere), I'm not sure I even want to read them.

I haven't read issue 6 yet, but it was mediocre for me. Not amazing, but not terrible. I was just happy they were doing something with the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Flintstones final issues were amazing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Onmi posted:

Well how does it all end? I was thinking it would end like the Dinosaurs sitcom, or just like a Sopranos style ending where it's in the middle of a nothing conversation and BOOM obliterated by meteor.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Is there a smash cut to the Jetsons era?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman is getting a filler issue

quote:

SUPERMAN #26

Written by MICHAEL MORECI

Art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI

Cover by LEE WEEKS

Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ

Superman and Superboy’s teamwork is off and Clark is at a loss for how to fix it. Maybe an old trick Pa pulled when Clark was a boy might help get the father-son team get back on the right track!

On FOC JUNE 12 * On sale JULY 5 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

and that's been happening pretty frequently lately. BC seem to be starting to infer that is the purpose for DC's talent workshop.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/07/superman-26-gets-a-fill-in-from-michael-moreci-and-scott-godlewski/
Never mind Rob Williams is doing a few.

edit: I think I'd still take the occasional skipable issue than drop double shipping. Monthly comics seem so slow now.
And in case some of these new folks end up being amazing, go ahead.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 7, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I...really didn't like this issue of Superman that much? Black's dialogue was a bit too bombastic and on-the-nose and also there's displaced alien threats now or something? And then he ended up turning Jon against Clark via literal body possession anyway so really what was the point of all that speechifying earlier?

These last two issues of Green Lanterns were goddamn fun. Worthwhile just to see Kyle put Simon through a giant green pinball machine.

The latest issue of Justice League was also pretty good since it wasn't written by Hitch. It was also pretty much a stealth issue of Green Lanterns. It's also the first example of Shea Fontana writing Wonder Woman that I've read which was.......o.....kay...?...I guess...?

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 8, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Jiro posted:

Well how does it all end? I was thinking it would end like the Dinosaurs sitcom, or just like a Sopranos style ending where it's in the middle of a nothing conversation and BOOM obliterated by meteor.

The Great Gazoo is giving his final report on Earth, having spent the last issue saving them from the Neighbourhood Watch, at the same time Pebbles is having a crisis of faith because what she's doing at the Young Scientists doesn't really gel with what's taught in the Church of Gerlad. What follows is an incredibly nuanced take on what science and religion actually are and their importance in society.

Fred participates in a bowling tournament with the job of Foreman on the line, but in the end his bowling ball, still upset at the death of Vacuum cleaner leaps off the alley in the final roll and tackles a TV reporter. Fred gets the job anyway because Stone realizes that even though he's furious, if he's to do well, he needs the best men for the job, and Bowling Ball meets Barneys Vacuum and teaches him the lessons of life that Fred's Vacuum initially taught him.

In the end, Gazoo gives his final take on earth, the measures he's taken to keep it safe in the future and leaves with the entire cast pouring out to wish him (and the readers) goodbye

I very much loved this series, from it's black comedy to absurd things like the Ceiling Philosopher, the fact this series was not nominated for an Eisner is something baffling to me. I realize opinions here are mixed, and that's cool, but I found it to be incredibly well done.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh my god the flintstones is the most pretentious half baked crap I have ever read.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I, however, am a big fan of "Chimpin' Ain't Easy."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

I realize opinions here are mixed, and that's cool, but I found it to be incredibly well done.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh my god the flintstones is the most pretentious half baked crap I have ever read.

Brilliant 1-2 post combo gentlemen

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

And you're a terrible poo poo poster. Anything you hate should be considered a ringing endorsement.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

hup posted:

I, however, am a big fan of "Chimpin' Ain't Easy."

But it sho is fun! Cue hip hop beats.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Open Marriage Night posted:

And you're a terrible poo poo poster. Anything you hate should be considered a ringing endorsement.

I am sorry you like trash. Do take it out on me If you need to, I can take it

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 8, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Y'all are always so civil in here

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norns posted:

WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME GODDAMNED TEA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Norns posted:

What's your opinion on the flintstones.

PICK A SIDE!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rhyno posted:

WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME GODDAMNED TEA

YES THANK YOU I WOULD loving LOVE SOME! WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY BISCUITS I THINK IT WOULD BRING THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING TOGETHER.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Snagglepuss is where we're all going to find common ground on Russel :)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

What's your opinion on the flintstones.

PICK A SIDE!

Civil War 3 shaping up nicely...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't read the Flintstones comic (because it didn't strike me as the sort of thing I would like) but I'm curious to know, does it establish that Barney likes Fruity Pebbles in a major way?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Snagglepuss is where we're all going to find common ground on Russel :)

Not if those preview pages from a few months back are any indication.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah that preview did a good job of making me not bother with it.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
just finished dark knight the master race. that was... okay? i don't know if it was just my low expectations but i enjoyed the series. nothing groundbreaking, but a fun story. i particularly liked the weird-as-poo poo green lantern stuff. my only real complaint is the huge delays.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/873287355838365697

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
*sigh* I just wish they would put J'onn back on the League.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm going to end up buying all of these DC/Looney Tunes comics.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Why did they put Marvin's name in Star Wars font? :thunk:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

What is J'onn up to these days anyway?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm betting good money on never hearing about Howard Chaykin's future Hanna–Barbera comic again as his new 'America's All Crazy & hosed*' Image comic (Who's main characters include an African American sniper pointedly killing random Caucasians, a transvestite prostitute who shoots down her abusive Johns and a Middle Eastern dude who set up a band of radical Muslim African American pregnant women with rectally inserted suicide bombs) gets in more and more hot water this week https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/09/transphobic-scenes-in-howard-chaykin-comic/.

*Not actual title.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Divided States of Hysteria was a weird mess with extremely poorly thought-out politics that are mostly just there for shock value, but, it's Chaykin. He did two volumes of Black Kiss. They knew what they were getting into. Plus it's the comics industry. One terrible lovely book isn't gonna stop them from going ahead with the book about drunk animal comedians.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Adam West has passed away from leukemia. :(

Long live Batman '66

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-west-dead-batman-star-832264

quote:

Adam West, the ardent actor who managed to keep his tongue in cheek while wearing the iconic cowl of the Caped Crusader on the classic 1960s series Batman, has died. He was 88.

West, who was at the pinnacle of pop culture after Batman debuted in January 1966, only to see his career fall victim to typecasting after the ABC show flamed out, died Friday night in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, a family spokesperson said.

West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last two decades were probably the best of his life, what with his renewed fame from Family Guy. I'm sure he went peacefully on a bed made of money.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Adam West ruled and I'm thankful for the things he did.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm just glad he lived to see the public turn around on his Batman. It ended up being a lot like the Grey Ghost in the end.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's cool that theres an animated Batman 66 movie with Adam West and Burt Ward fighting William Shatner as Two-Face coming out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's cool that theres an animated Batman 66 movie with Adam West and Burt Ward fighting William Shatner as Two-Face coming out.

Did they finish recording?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

My mistake it came out october of last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeQKu8RXDc

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

My mistake it came out october of last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeQKu8RXDc

That one is amazing. However they announced that there is a sequel is coming out.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Wonder if he started any work for that sequel or not before his passing. He'll be very missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Cartoons have a long production cycle and voices are one of the first bits done. They didn't announce The Caped Crusader Returns until pretty close to release, so hopefully all his voice work is done for the sequel. If they don't have most of his part already in the can, they should probably dump the project.