Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

allta posted:

Just think that some j mod spent at least a week on this...

Another day volunteering at menaphos. People keep asking if they can gently caress the crocodile. Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
applied to the clan as tonic320

allta
Mar 28, 2011
All from 1, 200 greaters task I did at zammy. Also 2 of the shards were b2b from minions on the last kill. When jagex wants you to get lucky they really pull out all of the stops...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Does anyone play OSRS? I can't stand how rs3 is, and I've been slowly loving around on f2p making money off telegrabbing Zam wines in wilderness and not getting a dragon's boot up my rear end in the process.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Glad to finally get the May skilling update email

lol them BXP weekend gains

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Dizz posted:

Does anyone play OSRS? I can't stand how rs3 is, and I've been slowly loving around on f2p making money off telegrabbing Zam wines in wilderness and not getting a dragon's boot up my rear end in the process.

Can't say I'd be very interested in being part of the OSRS community considering about how they have been acting with the latest event.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Elmon posted:

Can't say I'd be very interested in being part of the OSRS community considering about how they have been acting with the latest event.

I think that's many communities though, but yeah I feel it's a small concentrated group just being poo poo and also getting help from other places.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I don't play OS. I don't understand why anyone would when RS3 exists.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

OSRS exists because the RS community is fueled by nostalgia and poopsocking elitism.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Moddington posted:

OSRS exists because the RS community is fueled by nostalgia and poopsocking elitism.

I just don't like the feel of RS3, nor do I feel like it is a runescape game at all.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dizz posted:

I just don't like the feel of RS3, nor do I feel like it is a runescape game at all.

the only real runescape game is runescape classic you loving casual

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I too enjoy waiting twenty minutes for my run energy to replenish as a Highwayman pushes my poo poo in

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Dizz posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong. I haven't opened up RS3 in months, and it's at least partly due to how the game feels nowadays. If it didn't mean starting over from scratch I might even be persuaded to try out OSRS.

RS has been trying to modernize itself for a while now, and that'd be easier to accept if it was doing a better job of it. A combat rework could be cool, but the one we got just means you have to look up a moveset on the wiki so you can go back to autoattacking mobs. And instead of improving the UI, they put everything inside a resizable rectangle so we could do their work for them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

fishmech posted:

the only real runescape game is runescape classic you loving casual

God I loved the classic version

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Moddington posted:

And instead of improving the UI, they put everything inside a resizable rectangle so we could do their work for them.

I actually prefer this, because most of my friends are hardcore PvMers and they use gigantic amounts of room on the screen for prayers, spells, a box for each type of combat ability, seperate chatboxes, several ability bars, etc.
A family member of mine who plays a lot of WoW set his entire UI up to make it almost identical to his WoW setup.

Meanwhile I'm a casual player, so I just copied the lower right of the PvM setup so I can see equipped items, inventory, BoB and ability bars+prayers. Unlike them, I also have a music box, a large minimap and a couple of UI elements stacked on top of each other to make room for the game.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

They could've at least been less half-assed about it. It's gotten better since, but every single element had a different optimal size.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I dont play anymore, but OSRS is much better than RS3 imo

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

How has OSRS handled the split in terms of the ongoing quest lines, anyways? Have they tried to port over some of the new quests, or have they been coming up with their own endings for stuff like Biohazard or the Myreque?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Moddington posted:

How has OSRS handled the split in terms of the ongoing quest lines, anyways? Have they tried to port over some of the new quests, or have they been coming up with their own endings for stuff like Biohazard or the Myreque?

I don't think they have developed anything splitting yet. Monkey madness 2 could be anything, because there's no MM2 in RS3 yet. It seems like they're developing a bunch of the older updates and areas that RS3 forgot all about. They're making the fossil island, and the Inferno takes place in the main Tzhaar city which cannot be accessed in RS3 because of the heat (I think?).

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
So for those of you training up hunting, after some testing it seems like doing plover birds south of sophanem yields about 90k xp/hr, while also getting you some rep gains and being a lot less obnoxious to manage (you just sit in front of a deadfall trap and chop logs to reset it as needed). As far as I have read, that's a bit better yield than most methods up to 80, so for that small period between 73 to there you might want to give it a try.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I figured out my runescape login credentials from like 15 years ago or some poo poo.

I sold all my runescape poo poo on ebay back then before I quit, except for one thing, an 'easter egg.'

Is that enough to get the best gear and poo poo in runescape TYOOL2017?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

hakimashou posted:

I figured out my runescape login credentials from like 15 years ago or some poo poo.

I sold all my runescape poo poo on ebay back then before I quit, except for one thing, an 'easter egg.'

Is that enough to get the best gear and poo poo in runescape TYOOL2017?

It will get you 122,232,507 coins on the exchange right now, which is a substantial amount of gold.

pls give me the easter egg.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Find this guy:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that guy is probably really cool irl and in game

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
In like 2003 i had a full set of those colored party crowns and if i remember right the most valuable one was worth like 18 million golds.

I looked it up and now they are 2.1 billion golds. This game has some inflation problems.

Anyway it took me a while to recover my credentials for the game but while I was looking through old email from back then, I found a bunch of paypal poo poo from people giving me 30 dollars per 1 million runescape golds.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hakimashou posted:

In like 2003 i had a full set of those colored party crowns and if i remember right the most valuable one was worth like 18 million golds.

I looked it up and now they are 2.1 billion golds. This game has some inflation problems.

They never made anymore of those crowns after Christmas 2001, and most of us didn't bother to hold onto them. And a bunch of people who did hold onto them got banned or stopped playing so their hats were lost forever. Plus there was only a small chunk of people who were even around for that first event and a lot more people want the hats now.

A ton of other objects have dropped a lot in price over time. Especially most raw materials and craftable items.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fishmech posted:

They never made anymore of those crowns after Christmas 2001, and most of us didn't bother to hold onto them. And a bunch of people who did hold onto them got banned or stopped playing so their hats were lost forever. Plus there was only a small chunk of people who were even around for that first event and a lot more people want the hats now.

A ton of other objects have dropped a lot in price over time. Especially most raw materials and craftable items.

I used to run the game in a window when I was in college and hang around the bank dressed exactly like a town guard when it was still 2d sprites, and buy lobster tickets from people then sell them 1000 at a time at a huge markup, since people couldn't stack actual lobsters in their inventory. You could pay ( i think, this was a long time ago) 1k gold per lobster ticket to a myriad of different lobster fishermen then sell a bundle of 1000 tickets for 1.5k gold each, and do it over and over. Plus a million here or there from flipping the party crowns or dragon helmets? I'm thinking?

I actually got my ebay account closed for selling runescape gold. People would buy-it-now almost instantly and then the next day ebay would cancel the listing for violating its terms and refund me the sellers fees, but i'd already have taken payment and delivered. It was the only time i've ever sold video game poo poo for real money, and it was good money for a college student lol. I quit the game when it went 3d, bees killed me when I was afk and i lost some stuff, and it looked dumb anyway. I did buy a lobster dinner with some of the money actually, I got a kick out of that.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

hakimashou posted:

I actually got my ebay account closed for selling runescape gold. People would buy-it-now almost instantly and then the next day ebay would cancel the listing for violating its terms and refund me the sellers fees, but i'd already have taken payment and delivered. It was the only time i've ever sold video game poo poo for real money, and it was good money for a college student lol. I quit the game when it went 3d, bees killed me when I was afk and i lost some stuff, and it looked dumb anyway. I did buy a lobster dinner with some of the money actually, I got a kick out of that.

They removed all the random events, including the bug swarm. Now when you're chopping a tree in game, but actually in the kitchen preparing dinner, you won't die.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Psychedelicatessen posted:

They removed all the random events, including the bug swarm. Now when you're chopping a tree in game, but actually in the kitchen preparing dinner, you won't die.

Only the killer ones? because I still get ones like sandwich lady, evil bob, flippa, banker

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dizz posted:

Only the killer ones? because I still get ones like sandwich lady, evil bob, flippa, banker

Yeah but you play the dumb hosed up fork for hitlers known as OSRS.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Does this game have some equivalent to Icy Veins where people will explain how to do combat in great detail for dummies like me rather than having a wiki page of "optimal" bar set ups that are missing half the buttons and I guess go empirically determine what finishers to use myself?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Asehujiko posted:

Does this game have some equivalent to Icy Veins where people will explain how to do combat in great detail for dummies like me rather than having a wiki page of "optimal" bar set ups that are missing half the buttons and I guess go empirically determine what finishers to use myself?

There's a combat academy in Lumbridge with a bunch of tutorials that goes over each part of the new combat system.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Psychedelicatessen posted:

There's a combat academy in Lumbridge with a bunch of tutorials that goes over each part of the new combat system.
I meant more in the sense of which of
Asphyxiate
Omnipower
Deep Impact
Detonate
Wild Magic
Metamorphosis
Tsunami
is the best use of adrenaline.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

don't bother with ultimates

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

fishmech posted:

Yeah but you play the dumb hosed up fork for hitlers known as OSRS.

At least it's RS

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dizz posted:

At least it's RS

No it's a dumb bastard spinoff that might as well be a lovely private server with mods that completely wreck the balance.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

both versions are bad and we're bad people for playing them :ssh:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

fishmech posted:

No it's a dumb bastard spinoff that might as well be a lovely private server with mods that completely wreck the balance.

It's the real deal and the only flaw it has is that it doesn't have Dungeoneerine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dizz posted:

It's the real deal and the only flaw it has is that it doesn't have Dungeoneerine.

No sorry it's a dumb private server for babies. If you insist on not playing real Runescape (current Runescape) you should play Classic instead.