Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Whitlam posted:

On the bright side, Victoria seems pretty set to legalise euthanasia this year, so that's something at least.
Sounds great until your kids are holding your hand while you sign the paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Whitlam posted:

On the bright side, Victoria seems pretty set to legalise euthanasia this year, so that's something at least.

So at least Melbournians struggling to afford their first house in their mid-40s have the option of just loving killing themselves, Mr speaker.

Housing Affordability: FIXED.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Graic Gabtar posted:

Sounds great until your kids are holding your hand while you sign the paperwork.

I know you're just doing your fine impression of a dullard here, but honestly if I either no longer have the strength to hold a pen or the wits left to notice, they can go ahead and sign me up.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Lizard Combatant posted:

I know you're just doing your fine impression of a dullard here, but honestly if I either no longer have the strength to hold a pen or the wits left to notice, they can go ahead and sign me up.
I'm sure they will.

I understand the terrible suffering of some people who have a true desire to make a dignified exit, but overall people are cunts and will game any system to their advantage.

I can't see it coming to pass as something on the 'bright side' so gently caress you basically.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Graic Gabtar posted:

I'm gonna loving sign you up as soon as I can.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

JBP posted:

I'm gonna loving sign you up as soon as I can.
I'm sure you will have topped yourself long before you get a chance if you're as whiny as everyone else here.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is it a cause for alarm if my employment contract says the employer can increase/decrease my pay at their own discretion? There are no stipulations - that's literally all it says.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 10, 2017

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah, it's cool

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Graic Gabtar posted:

If doctors are okay with euthanizing you, your children want you to die, and you can't stop it; maybe you should loving die I dunno. This ain't Third-World-Shitholeistan. If kids are knocking off their olds for their cash with their doctor's blessing often enough that it's worth forcing people to suffer then we'd have a whole lot of massive problems to deal with.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

snoremac posted:

Is it a cause for alarm if my employment contract says the employer can increase/decrease my pay at their own discretion? There are no stipulations - that's literally all it says.

Pretty sure that's not actually ok.
Send a query to FWA

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You Am I posted:

Watching the Frankie Boyle video just got me riled up when he talked about the media's part in the election in the UK. His words are so true

Like Boyle says, you may as well automate politicians as robots with drop-in local references in template speeches, because that's practically what the political class think we deserve. You'd get exactly the same reporting.

Look at this, it's not much different to how it works here.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Shorten is thinking of emulating the UK labour platform and is copping poo poo from his own party.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Kommando posted:

Shorten is thinking of emulating the UK labour platform and is copping poo poo from his own party.

Yeah, but he'll emulate Labour like he emulates being a human. He deserves to cop poo poo.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Kommando posted:

change from within

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
They ain't going to do poo poo when they're ahead in the polls. Enjoy current labor till the election and at least 2 terms :saddowns:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
When I wished for you to kill the West I meant of Sydney, not Adam.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Kommando posted:

Wasn't he basically doing a Bill Shorten version of it last election? I recall the platform largely being not standing for cuts to healthcare, education, and uhhh *checks notes*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Australia has compulsory voting so the Corbyn campaign is completely irrelevant.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

JBP posted:

Australia has compulsory voting so the Corbyn campaign is completely irrelevant.

Yeah, this bullshit is another thing to blame on boomers. Until something drastically changes in the political landscape it's going to be a fight for the swing voting older people and not any actual decent change.

PC Brigadier
Oct 2, 2013
Honestly Labor taking anything from the Corbyn campaign, even disingenuously, is an unreservedly good thing.

I mean preferential voting makes it very different here, unless they move to the left of the greens, which they won't.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

norp posted:

Pretty sure that's not actually ok.
Send a query to FWA

Thanks.

I turned it down anyway when I found out they were paying minimum wage and approx. $8 less/h than people earn for the position on average.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snoremac posted:

Thanks.

I turned it down anyway when I found out they were paying minimum wage and approx. $8 less/h than people earn for the position on average.

Pass it on to FWA anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You can reduce someone's pay as long as it isn't below the award or agreement. There are grounds to argue unfair dismissal if it drives you out if the job but that's about it. The other trick is to just give someone a poo poo performance review.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Shorten ran a good campaign but he's not Corbyn. Albo is as close as they have to a Corb-analogue

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Sure corbyn didn't lose by as much as expected but he still lost, it clearly wasn't inspiring enough to enough people despite the monstrosity and incompetence of the Tories. It makes sense to me that labor would be cautious given that the electorate is so bonkers as to have elected Abbott then Turnbull.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I think we have too much party discipline in Australia to have a real Corbyn analogue. Anyone approaching it would get booted out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You get Corbyn types when the party suffers a wipeout which isn't going to happen to Shorten.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

You get Corbyn types when the party suffers a wipeout which isn't going to happen to Shorten.

Nothing is ever going to happen to Shorten because nobody ever knows where he is or what he stands for.

When your party is led by a grey man in a grey suit then there isn't anything to be learned by studying Corbyn because he had what Shorten will never have - a personality.

Putrid Dog
Feb 13, 2012

"God, I wish I was dead!"

JBP posted:

I would say it didn't seem to happen to QLD Labor, but then again, Queensland is its own kettle of fish.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.smh.com.au/money/planning/the-property-market-is-taking-a-breather-not-falling-off-a-cliff-20170608-gwng61.html

The property market is taking a breather, not falling off a cliff

Mark Bouris is the executive chairman of Yellow Brick Road.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MythLisp posted:

I would say it didn't seem to happen to QLD Labor, but then again, Queensland is its own kettle of fish.

Someone needs to be there to take advantage obviously.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

MythLisp posted:

Hey, I'll have you know election QLD Labor was great, it's just elected QLD Labor that's the problem.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've got some bad news for you all.

The Brexit had given you guys nearly a year's reprieve from your previous position on the Countries Ranking, but with Corbyn's triumph in limeyland, you're back to your old spot as Worst English Speaking Country.

Please carry on with your... sodomy? idgi. Sorry for your troubles.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 11, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
What do you mean "back" (also we still are unsuccessfully trying to remove sodomy laws in parts)

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

hakimashou posted:

Please carry on with your... sodomy?

Careful with those words in South Australia, mate, we still have the Homosexual Advance Defence for murder.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zenithe posted:

What do you mean "back" (also we still are unsuccessfully trying to remove sodomy laws in parts)

Between the Brexit vote and British election night, taking into consideration your people's meritorious work in ratfucking Tony Abbott, the UK had dropped to Worst English Speaking Country.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zenithe posted:

I don't know the context for your thread's title, it just sounded funny. I lost track of australian politics after that cartoonist died and everyone wanted/didnt want to sleep with him.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 11, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

hakimashou posted:

Between the Brexit vote and British election night, taking into consideration your people's meritorious work in ratfucking Tony Abbott, the UK had dropped to Worst English Speaking Country.

Are you aware we have concentration camps and have for years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zenithe posted:

Are you aware we have concentration camps and have for years?

That's why you're the Worst English Speaking Country!

Britain was only temporarily worse because of Brexit, which was super duper stupid and racist, but they made up for it with Corbae and the nightmare leprechaun shitstorm now descending upon their tory party.

• Locked thread