Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

howe_sam posted:

I thought she was being held by Argus...or wait, that was after she showed up in Star City wasn't it.

Yeah, surprise surprise Flash writers aren't consistent

I sorta, kinda give them a pass on Black Siren just because it was cross show stuff so different teams. Like, that might be generous but there's enough stuff both writing crews screw up to hit them on to give them this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I thought she was being held by Argus...or wait, that was after she showed up in Star City wasn't it.

Yeah, surprise surprise Flash writers aren't consistent

Black Siren was part of Prometheus' plan in Arrow and has been running around free for a while.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The writers are adjusting him so he is a speedster
In his first apperance The Thinker invents a device that gives him super speed.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The THnker really needs to bring back Patty, because she was super hot.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm rewatching season one. God drat was that a good season.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

8one6 posted:

I'm rewatching season one. God drat was that a good season.

Me too, even knowing what's coming the :zoomed: reveals are so good.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wheat Loaf posted:

There was also that evil Firestorm guy who they said they were keeping locked up until he forgot their secret identities. Far as we know, he's still down there.
Team Flash forgot about him long before he forgot their identities. :v:

There are probably a bunch of decaying corpses in the pipeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey am I nuts or at one point did they show the cells having a fold away toilet?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Hey am I nuts or at one point did they show the cells having a fold away toilet?

I think the Cisco blog mentioned it but they never actually showed it. If I remember correctly there's a communal rec room for the inmates of no-lunch supermax down there as well.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Wheeeere are you guys getting this?!?! They HAD lunch! We saw them literally wheeling in hamburgers and shakes to all the prisoners!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Remember, this is the same collection of people who somehow think 6'1" Tyler Hoechlin is "Tiny" Superman. Goons love their memes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

Remember, this is the same collection of people who somehow think 6'1" Tyler Hoechlin is "Tiny" Superman. Goons love their memes.

The first promo shot had him standing next to James. Mehcad Brooks just looms.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They also shoot him to look shorter than Kara a lot of the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

He's Hollywood 6'1". So really he's 5'9".

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

That is somewhat horrifying.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nullsmack posted:

Sounds like someone hasn't seen Utena

8one6
May 20, 2012

Nullsmack posted:

Is that Turbo Teen? Yeah, you don't know horrifying. He changes into the car when splashed with hot liquid. There was an episode where someone spilled hot soup on him while on a commercial flight so he had to force the door open and jump out so he wouldn't kill people with the transformation.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

8one6 posted:

Is that Turbo Teen? Yeah, you don't know horrifying. He changes into the car when splashed with hot liquid. There was an episode where someone spilled hot soup on him while on a commercial flight so he had to force the door open and jump out so he wouldn't kill people with the transformation.

Depending on how long and awful the flight was, in that situation I might just close my eyes and say "well, this is on you" and try to get back to sleep.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

8one6 posted:

Ranma 1/2 plagarized Turbo Teen :stare:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Remember for a couple episodes in season one when Barry had to eat a lot? He should have food in his hands at all times.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
They scienced up some speedster energy bars that he eats offscreen.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aquasnake posted:

It was butter. He was eating butter constantly.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Drifter posted:

Wheeeere are you guys getting this?!?! They HAD lunch! We saw them literally wheeling in hamburgers and shakes to all the prisoners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty8AZDa5uQQ

That was a deleted scene and therefore not canon.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

oh jay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty8AZDa5uQQ

That was a deleted scene and therefore not canon.

...all these years...and I've got nothing to show for it. My life...wasted.
:negative:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aquasnake posted:

If they can make something the size of an energy bar that has like five thousand calories in it, they could make some money selling them to body builders.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

If they can make something the size of an energy bar that has like five thousand calories in it, they could make some money selling them to body builders.

The wonders of over-eating combined with feeling hungry like I'm dieting? Sign me the gently caress up.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Barry's normal breakfast includes eggs, toast, bacon, an entire 10 inch chocolate cake and a large Supreme pizza.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

Remember for a couple episodes in season one when Barry had to eat a lot? He should have food in his hands at all times.

Ah yes, the Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 acting technique.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Ah yes, the Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 acting technique.

I love that poo poo so much. There used to be a site dedicated to the food miscontinuities throughout the film.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

8one6 posted:

Barry's normal breakfast includes eggs, toast, bacon, an entire 10 inch chocolate cake 40 cakes and a large Supreme pizza.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
That's terrible!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Maybe that's why Lex is a villain. He's loving pissed that 1/4 of the JLA is stealing his desserts.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't believe they wrote Caitlyn out into a spin-off that doesn't exist
I kept waiting for a Dr. Snow, M.D. logo on the bottom of the screen.

"Can a woman with an ice-cold heart find the man... to get her hot again?" *Caitlin does something clumsy and adorable in front of a hot guy * "This lonely ophthalmologist has a secret, and it's a whole lot bigger than having too many cats!" *Caitlin's best friend at work says 'Oh brother!'* "Coming to the CW..."

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't believe they wrote Caitlyn out into a spin-off that doesn't exist

*Raises a glass for Bobbi and Hunter on Agents of SHIELD*

You will always be Marvel's Most Wanted... in my heart. :qq:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

hamsystem posted:

Barry will never defeat the worst speedster of all...Showrunner!!!

I shouldn't be reading old threads when I am having lunch I almost choked on some sushi reading this. Thank you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spergatory posted:

*Raises a glass for Bobbi and Hunter on Agents of SHIELD*

You will always be Marvel's Most Wanted... in my heart. :qq:

That was an almost masterful piece of evil trolling by ABC's network brass: "We want you to make a spin off staring the two most popular characters on this show. It's already greenlit, write them out and get to work on the pilot." / "lol jk we don't actually want a spin off any more, everyone's fired. ...Guess you better find a way to write Bobby and Hunter back into the show after irrevocably jettisoning them!"

No wonder Adrianne Palicki said "gently caress off, I'm not coming back" and went to work for Seth McFarlan. I wouldn't want to work for ABC for a long while after that bullshit either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If only they could lure her back with my dream of a SHIELD movie starring Black Widow, Mockingbird, and Hawkeye.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So I just saw the series premiere episode for The Flash yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of things.

I had no idea that Barry had to be in a coma for 9 months, that was a surprise. I also caught that nod to Gorilla Grodd's cage in the Particle Accelerator facility too, that was a nice touch. I was also surprised at how Barry went all the way to Starling City to meet up with Arrow, that was pretty cool.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Vietnamwees posted:

So I just saw the series premiere episode for The Flash yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of things.

I had no idea that Barry had to be in a coma for 9 months, that was a surprise. I also caught that nod to Gorilla Grodd's cage in the Particle Accelerator facility too, that was a nice touch. I was also surprised at how Barry went all the way to Starling City to meet up with Arrow, that was pretty cool.

It can't be that far away, characters routinely pop back and forth on the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Vietnamwees posted:

Oh man, Season 1 Flash is pretty fantastic what with the comic references and escalation and of course Cavanagh as Dr Wells literally steals the show every time he's on.

• Locked thread