Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Is horse emblem Cecilia worth using without gronblade? I only have one nino and don't want to mulch her.

Also, is +atk/-hp Cecilia much better than +Spd/-(def or res, can't remember) Cecilia? I pulled a 5* with +Spd a while ago and just pulled one at 4* with +atk.

Oh, and while comparing IVs, I want a non-red armor unit who isn't going to die if a mage looks at them. Should I go for -Atk Sheena, a +atk/-Def Gwendolyn, a +def/-Atk Gwendolyn, or none of them and just wait? I get the impression that even with -Def, Gwendolyn is going to be fine defensively, so I lean toward that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oliveoil posted:

Is horse emblem Cecilia worth using without gronblade? I only have one nino and don't want to mulch her.

Cecilia's main horse emblem gimmick is being the only green horse who is merely bad instead of a trashfire. With Gronnblade and horse buffs you turn that bad into good

e: actually Titania is good so if you're lucky enough to have her she's probably better than non-blade Cecilia

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Cecilia's main horse emblem gimmick is being the only green horse who is merely bad instead of a trashfire. With Gronnblade and horse buffs you turn that bad into good

e: actually Titania is good so if you're lucky enough to have her she's probably better than non-blade Cecilia
My gronnraven Cecilia does well in horse emblem. She gets buffs from Xander who has Hone Calvary and then goad Calvary from Camus. I have iceberg/triangle adept/lance breaker (great for wary fight Effie, but also lots of bulky-ish lances)/ fortify Calvary.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm on my way to get 40k just from stamina pots + afking using autobattling.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I wonder what teams people are running cause them so much grief because even my jagen was doing work on the final stage

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ostentatious posted:

I wonder what teams people are running cause them so much grief because even my jagen was doing work on the final stage

for me, it tends to be the difference between one or two stat points that now makes it very hard to one-shot an enemy unit, and enemy loadouts in the final stage--since they lock down the edges of the map, if they roll movement skills, you can run into the nightmare scenario of having four units who can one-shot you but you can't one-shot moving in a perfect block towards you.

as opposed to the left cavalry charging out front, the mage cav running in by the time the melee cav gets there, and then the casters getting hung up on a very slow armor unit

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've been using Gunter, Eldigan, and Ursula for horse emblem. I don't feel like it's been working too well so far

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ostentatious posted:

My pulls have been extremely range-heavy, so I basically don't have anyone not on my A Team who can hurt Veronica without dying to her counter. Except Chrom, who kinda sucks.

A Team just kills her with Nino, but it means I have to reset if I make a mistake earlier on.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 10, 2017

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
My Reinhardt, Julia, Azura, and Tharja team is pretty consistent at getting to the last round without any gently caress ups. I realize that most people don't have fully SI loaded mage teams though.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Snipee posted:

What's your team? If you have Xander and Ursula, you can at least try Horse Emblem.

I have both, but they're not really set up for Horse Emblem-- just because I've never bothered to sit down and figure it out before. Is it hard for a first-timer to grasp? I don't think I have any of the other good cavalry units.

Right now I'm sort of tailoring my team to the first matchup shown on the selection screen and going from there.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

Thank you for explaining!

Is Titania good in general or only on horse emblem? Because she seems like Narcian but with lower stats. Maybe it's just because my Titania has +def/-res, but narcian at 5* has higher hp, atk, res, and def. The only thing he is worse at is speed, where he has 5 less than neutral-speed titania.

Given my titania is 4* and I have no plan to 5* either of them, they're even more similar. Except Narcian doesn't need inheritance to have lance breaker.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oliveoil posted:

Thank you for explaining!

Is Titania good in general or only on horse emblem? Because she seems like Narcian but with lower stats. Maybe it's just because my Titania has +def/-res, but narcian at 5* has higher hp, atk, res, and def. The only thing he is worse at is speed, where he has 5 less than neutral-speed titania.

Given my titania is 4* and I have no plan to 5* either of them, they're even more similar. Except Narcian doesn't need inheritance to have lance breaker.

She has an Emerald Axe which means she kills all blues.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
But Narcian also has an emerald axe and can fly, plus should have a higher base stat total due to not being a horse.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have both, but they're not really set up for Horse Emblem-- just because I've never bothered to sit down and figure it out before. Is it hard for a first-timer to grasp? I don't think I have any of the other good cavalry units.

Right now I'm sort of tailoring my team to the first matchup shown on the selection screen and going from there.

I have Reinhardt, so Horse Emblem is probably much easier for me to build than for most people. However, the key skills are Hone Cavalry, Goad Cavalry, Fortify Cavalry, and some movement skills like Reposition/Draw Back spread around. Their buffs are beautiful especially for a mage cavalry unit that has a blade tome (Ursala is the obvious choice). This might be too SI or feather heavy if you aren't prepared for it though. I don't know what are your level 40 units with the best skills. Many people have been using slightly modified versions of their arena teams.

Anyways, don't tailor your team to the first matchup. The first five or so rounds are relatively easy and not the problem for the tempest trial. It's the last two rounds that you have to worry about. It is better to design a team that covers all three colors with no glaring weaknesses. You should also have at least one character capable of going 1v1 against Veronica and ideally some red backup units for your second team in case your first team dies on the last round.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

My route to success has been Reinhardt, Sanaki with blade tome, Nino, and Hana. Despite Sanaki beating most mages I haven't finished the SI, she loses to Veronica. Luckily Hana one shots her every single time and when running three repositions I can bring her up and down easily. The three Mages basically kill everything in sight and just in case running so many repositions ensures no one dies in the follow up.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Which horse buff do you want to shove onto Xander?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Cecilia has Gronnblade and Hone Cavalry now. What A/B/Super attack would she like?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Also for the times the map throws mage horses out busting a Jagen with 40 res and distant counter out is extremely cool and good

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
You sacrificed a Hector for a Jagen? I want to see this build.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Does anyone play this on an emulator and doesn't get the 803-3001 error?

I've tried 3 and they all get it :smith:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

Does anyone play this on an emulator and doesn't get the 803-3001 error?

I've tried 3 and they all get it :smith:

Try removing the root from them. I'm not 100% sure that that will solve the problem once it starts, but playing rooted is what causes the error I'm 90% sure.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I finally pulled Reinhardt, so it's time to work on this guy.

My main issue is that I don't have a spare Death Blow 3 to give to Reinhardt (I can promote+feed an Effie eventually though), any decent substitutes for his A-Slot until I grind enough feathers to make it happen?

I feel like I shouldn't settle for DB2 on him, (especially when I can for sure get him DB3) , but I do have a spare Atk+3 lying around that I was thinking of using as a budget alternative... but I'm afraid to commit without getting another opinion

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

Try removing the root from them. I'm not 100% sure that that will solve the problem once it starts, but playing rooted is what causes the error I'm 90% sure.

I tried Nox, had to put root on it to install the APK, removed the root, still getting the error.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Any reason to use triangle adept on tharja? Seems like she already crushes greens so t adept doesn't help there and just makes her worse against blues. Even if you like the extra damage from t adept, it seems like doubling opponents with darting blow will lead to greater damage than hitting them once with t adept.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

I tried Nox, had to put root on it to install the APK, removed the root, still getting the error.

Try searching the FEH subreddit. I know people have posted about this problem there, and maybe they found a solution.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

oliveoil posted:

Any reason to use triangle adept on tharja? Seems like she already crushes greens so t adept doesn't help there and just makes her worse against blues. Even if you like the extra damage from t adept, it seems like doubling opponents with darting blow will lead to greater damage than hitting them once with t adept.

Not particularly, unless you really want to kill Hector in literally one hit. She's going to get obliterated by blue mages regardless. She can rock Fury/Desperation the best out of all the red mages, or you can just run her native Darting Blow to double the vast majority of the cast.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

oliveoil posted:

Her blade tome means she can even kill off low-res blue units. Stick with Darting Blow.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Snipee posted:

I have Reinhardt, so Horse Emblem is probably much easier for me to build than for most people. However, the key skills are Hone Cavalry, Goad Cavalry, Fortify Cavalry, and some movement skills like Reposition/Draw Back spread around. Their buffs are beautiful especially for a mage cavalry unit that has a blade tome (Ursala is the obvious choice). This might be too SI or feather heavy if you aren't prepared for it though. I don't know what are your level 40 units with the best skills. Many people have been using slightly modified versions of their arena teams.

Anyways, don't tailor your team to the first matchup. The first five or so rounds are relatively easy and not the problem for the tempest trial. It's the last two rounds that you have to worry about. It is better to design a team that covers all three colors with no glaring weaknesses. You should also have at least one character capable of going 1v1 against Veronica and ideally some red backup units for your second team in case your first team dies on the last round.
I have Reinhardt too-- I think the only one I lack is a strong green, but I could have Cecilia or Gunter (if he's any good) leveled up pretty quickly I think.

And I kind of take it as a given that my first team is either getting halved or blown up completely before the last battle, so I hadn't thought it was a good idea to put my Veronica-killers in that lineup.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Snipee posted:

You sacrificed a Hector for a Jagen? I want to see this build.

The Jagen:

Killer Lance + (Shanna)
Movement Skill
Iceberg (Shanna)
Distant Counter (Hector)
Quick Riposte 2-3 (Hector)
Fort skill for blade tomes

I have an earlier build screenshotted before I had a Shanna which had Moonbow but that was just to tide me over until Iceberg. He is super good at Mage baiting, the only mages he doesnt kill are high damage greens (on fort tiles he can kill them depending on the circumstances).

Iceberg takes into account his Res for additional damage, which he has loads of. It is his key to killing poo poo. Without iceberg up he really doesn't hit hard, but Mages won't hit him hard, either.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My Cecilia has Gronnblade and Hone Cavalry now. What A/B/Super attack would she like?

I'm giving mine Death Blow and Green Tomebreaker. Default special attack for a -blade tome user is Moonbow.

eggrolled posted:

I finally pulled Reinhardt, so it's time to work on this guy.

My main issue is that I don't have a spare Death Blow 3 to give to Reinhardt (I can promote+feed an Effie eventually though), any decent substitutes for his A-Slot until I grind enough feathers to make it happen?

I feel like I shouldn't settle for DB2 on him, (especially when I can for sure get him DB3) , but I do have a spare Atk+3 lying around that I was thinking of using as a budget alternative... but I'm afraid to commit without getting another opinion

Even Death Blow 2 gives you +4 to attack when you initiate. Atk +3 only gives you... +3. Now Atk +3 also works when you're defending, but Reinhardt is king of the player phase.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I stopped trying to just run through everything with one team and settled on first putting up a B team of Lilina, Takumi, Catria, and Priscilla whose only goal is to push through as many rounds as possible, not actually finish. I can usually take them up to 4 or 5 before switching in the A-team of Mae, Ryoma, Hector, and Azura. Getting to bring them in fresh later in the round makes LunaticX7 a lot more doable, I can reliably get wins now. Survival suffers (because I sacrifice M Robin at the start for the bonus), but I never do any worse than B for speed.

I might get 5* Masked Lucina, but only if I'm reasonably close to 30k by the time the event is drawing to a close. The 50k seal defo isn't gonna happen lol. Gonna get a lot more orbs at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm now taking the time to use the 5 Lunatic to level up my Xander and Sanaki to 40. I think the math works out that leveling them for 4 stages is way more cost efficient so there's side-benefits.

Although I had a couple runs end early because I accidentally surrendered twice in a row instead of picking a new team so RIP for only getting 90 points for 40 stamina

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i have something like 75 stamina potions banked so right now the only thing keeping me fromt he 50k reward is willpower

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh my loving god I hate my phone, I loving threw two attempts at the last round in a trial because it keeps consistently misinterpreting my selections.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Akett posted:

Oh my loving god I hate my phone, I loving threw two attempts at the last round in a trial because it keeps consistently misinterpreting my selections.

I accidentally double tap and end a units activation and screw them over all the time. Master strategist!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Octolady posted:

I accidentally double tap and end a units activation and screw them over all the time. Master strategist!

You can turn that off in the settings now

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Octolady posted:

Centzon Totochtin posted:

You can turn that off in the settings now

I loving wish my problems were that simple. The lower right part of the screen has entire areas where my taps go to the edge of the area making simple tasks into a Sonic '06ian nightmare. I'm reasonably certain it's a hardware problem, it makes it hell for me to text sometimes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey took a break and came back, can someone explain horse emblem to me?

Also got the Male Robin movie when pulling expecting a 5* got 3* instead. Thinking about putting the game down for one more day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry gives +6 atk/spd and +6 def/res respectively. These are much greater than the buffs that infantry units can get.

So the effect on blade tomes are enormous. Ursula, Owen, Leo and Cecilia are the appropriate blade mages.

The other big factor is Reinhardt. He has reasonably high attack combined with a brave tome. Give him deathblow (equivalent to 12 extra damage) and he wrecks things. Give him a Hone Cavalry (another 12 extra damage) and he's basically unstoppable except by Julia (and appropriately built Nino and Hector).

Add to that the mobility of horses, give them all reposition, drawback and swap movement skills. Now you can kill things and move out of the way safely.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 11, 2017