Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
my switch is purely a mario kart machine right now and it is good(tm)

e: can that fake amiibo guy mail me a few please? ill pm you my address. the creepy letter is ok too if it helps you get off, i wont judge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Open world Nintendogs

From a million pages back but this right here would be my poo poo.

I hope there are some oddball exclusives announced from Nintendo because the Switch future lineup looks quite sad if you remove PC ports and recycled Wii U games.

Right now I'm praying to the Nintendo Gods that Fire Emblem Warriors has local co-op, even though I don't know how that would work on the Switch. My wife and I have hundreds of co-op hours in Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Xik posted:

Right now I'm praying to the Nintendo Gods that Fire Emblem Warriors has local co-op, even though I don't know how that would work on the Switch. My wife and I have hundreds of co-op hours in Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

the same way co-op has always worked via split screen and two controllers

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Zero posted:

the same way co-op has always worked via split screen and two controllers

Have you played a Dynasty Warriors game split-screen before? It's hard to imagine it being great experience. I guess if it's split horizontal so you can see what's going on around you....

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Like, every dynasty warrior game has split screen coop

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xik posted:

Have you played a Dynasty Warriors game split-screen before? It's hard to imagine it being great experience. I guess if it's split horizontal so you can see what's going on around you....

it's split horizontally and somehow it keeps the framerate up, but it's ghetto as gently caress.

this is the part where i admit that my friends and i used to play dw2 and dw3 co-op on one of those impossibly tiny portable lcd tvs that were sold as playstation peripherals fifteen years ago

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fire emblem warriors will be good but I'd be more excited for Hyrule warriors dx (that includes the stuff from the 3ds version because what kind of maniac releases a warriors game on the 3ds)

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Zelder posted:

Like, every dynasty warrior game has split screen coop

Ok cool? I mean, I haven't played them, so I guess I'm asking if it's actually a good experience?

Co-op in Hyrule Warriors was cool and good, but one of the main things that made it good was the second player on the gamepad.

The White Dragon posted:

it's split horizontally and somehow it keeps the framerate up, but it's ghetto as gently caress.

this is the part where i admit that my friends and i used to play dw2 and dw3 co-op on one of those impossibly tiny portable lcd tvs that were sold as playstation peripherals fifteen years ago

One of those ones for the psone model? Sounds terrible...

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everyday I look at my Switch while holding my Tom Nook amiibo and whisper "some day"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Everyday I look at my Switch while holding my Tom Nook amiibo and whisper "some day"

tom nook should take your items in zelda instead of giving them to you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Should I get a screen protector? I guess I will be using it undocked from time to time but that would probably just be around the house, so it doesn't seem like it would get the wear and tear that my cell phone screen gets.

I was also thinking about getting a carrying case but I think I would probably only take it on the go like twice a year and for that I feel like my laptop bag should be fine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I get a screen protector? I guess I will be using it undocked from time to time but that would probably just be around the house, so it doesn't seem like it would get the wear and tear that my cell phone screen gets.

I was also thinking about getting a carrying case but I think I would probably only take it on the go like twice a year and for that I feel like my laptop bag should be fine

I got one mainly because it was cheap as hell. I don't usually do anything like that because I'm careful with my poo poo

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The screen is plastic so a glass screen protector would be a good idea but if you're just using it around the house I guess it's not that necessary

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you think one like this is worth $7 then I'd say go for it, nothing to lose really.

Carrying case is more expensive, probably around $20, so if you think a dedicated case is worth it for twice a year. I just use a generic document bag case myself.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Unless you're extraordinarily clumsy I don't see the point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Unless you're extraordinarily clumsy I don't see the point.

i bought one as soon as i saw my cat standing on my switch

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, but yes to the case if no to the first

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HyperPuma posted:

i looked at my switch in the dock and thought about stardew valley
What happened there, didn't they tweet something about how it wasn't cancelled but not say any actual reason why it just vanished?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Xik posted:

Co-op in Hyrule Warriors was cool and good, but one of the main things that made it good was the second player on the gamepad.

I hated playing it on that tiny screen. I much prefer splitscreen over that poo poo.

It's worse than making your buddy use the lovely madcatz controller

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xik posted:

One of those ones for the psone model? Sounds terrible...

yes that

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Have they announced a release date for stardew valley?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZmrKIFPijM&t=173s
Why is the town so loving boring?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its dq. Cant wait

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Real hurthling! posted:

Its dq. Cant wait

:thunk:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im not getting it on switch tho gonna look way worse than that trailer. Ps4/3ds will be good

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What happened there, didn't they tweet something about how it wasn't cancelled but not say any actual reason why it just vanished?

My guess is it's on the eshop already and waiting to be a surprise e3 announcement. When it went up it disappeared from the coming soon list. My cousins uncle's best friends former roommate works at Nintendo so I kind of have it on good authority.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Who does the Stardew Valley port again?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I look after my stuff but even then I just like the peace of mind that comes from having a screen protector on my Switch. It's only a lovely plastic one that came with the case though, I might upgrade to a tempered glass one at some point.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm liking Has-Been Heroes. I think it's still $10; at that price, Id recommend it to any strategy/puzzle game fans (hard to explain, but it's got a weird puzzle mechanic to the way you whittle down enemies' stamina and health.)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I enjoyed it for the $20aud I paid for it, but if I'd bought it for full price I'd be pissed off.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like Has Been Heroes but I always get overwhelmed by the second boss.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Is anyone else having issues on the nintendo store website? I couldn't remember my password, so I tried to reset it. I never got an email. I tried another 20 times yesterday. Nothing, spoke with nintendo support chat, and he was able to send a test email, but couldn't/wouldn't send me a password reset email. Said there might be an issue with nintendo's site.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Eurogamer interviewed the producer from EA's Romania studio in Bucharest about the FIFA 18 Switch version.

Eurogamer posted:

How exactly is the Nintendo Switch version of FIFA 18 different than the other versions?

Andrei Lazaresco: This is a custom-built engine for the Switch. It's completely different than the PS4 and the Xbox One.

So, it's not Frostbite.

Andrei Lazaresco: It's not Frostbite. It's custom-built. The whole engine is entirely new to the platform.

It's not Ignite [the engine used for the last-gen version of the game]?

Andrei Lazaresco: No.

Does it have a fancy name?

Andrei Lazaresco: No. When we first started looking at the platform and asked what are its unique features and what can it do, we decided to build a custom version of an engine. We felt the experience we were going to build would be the best by doing that, and leveraging what is unique about the platform.

We're using physical-based rendering. The crowds are 3D. The grass is 3D. The lighting is new. And on top of that you'll have Ultimate Team for the first time on Nintendo - and for the first time you'll be able to take it on the go. You'll be able to play on a plane, on a bus, even from just a hotspot.

Does FUT on Switch work exactly the same as it does on the other platforms?

Andrei Lazaresco: Almost the same. There won't be any Champions on Switch.

Why not?

Andrei Lazaresco: For the first year we put in Draft Mode, Squad Building challenges, Seasons, Tournaments, Team of the Week challenges - all of those are there. Remember, this is the first year we introduce Ultimate Team to Switch players. We're taking it gradually. We're going to announce more about Ultimate Team at Gamescom later this year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would like to have seen gameplay footage

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah you can't give players feature parity, they would be confused. Gotta ease them into it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Speaking of poo poo that won't have any hope of parity.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To be fair it doesn't sound like a cross-port, but an entirely new game built from the ground up.

That in and of itself is a remarkable thing, and shows a lot of support for Switch as a platform.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

We know negative Nancy's will still complain that it's an exact port of an old FIFA despite developers and tech specs saying otherwise. Sad because this, according to their devs is not last years model but more like a combination of new and custom graphics above Ignite and nearly all new features (with enhanced subbing features coming soon).

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 11, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hoping it'll be fairly decent, as I'd legit be down for picking it up as someone who isn't even a big fan of FIFA.

Just think it'll be loving dope to play some football in bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XyrlocShammypants posted:

We know negative Nancy's will still complain that it's an exact port of an old FIFA despite developers and tech specs saying otherwise. Sad because this, according to their devs is not last years model but more like a combination of new and custom graphics above Ignite and nearly all new features (with enhanced subbing features coming soon).

Yes gimped versions of games arent the same as the real version i agree.

• Locked thread