Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So far they are actually pulling off how terrible a person Freeza is w.r.t. the writing around him, and not just glossing over it.

Cool episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
So I guess we'll be seeing Frieza at Bulla's birthday party then?

(no not really i actually dont want that, just make good use of his character interactions during his 24 hours here...)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wow this weeks episode was a real snooze fest. They spent the whole time doing nothing at all. Jeez guys you couldn't even let us see Frieza slaughter some chumps? They better be saving up their animation budget for some sick rear end tournament fights :argh:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is that the first time they acknowledged 18 knows about Maron?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hoping for a cute episode where Goten, Trunks and Marron kick poacher rear end.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was a good episode, and I very much enjoyed 17's interaction with his sister.

loving Vegeta had me dying though.

Poor bastard, had to lie to his own son about Freeza.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Master Roshi is going to get erased, you heard it here first

it was cool seeing him reflect on training with Korin in the past. continuity!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lupus Rufus posted:

So I guess we'll be seeing Frieza at Bulla's birthday party then?

Concept: Freeza in birthday hat just simmering with barely-controlled rage as he gets his face painted like a clown.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Carlosologist posted:

I legitimately thought they were going to have Roshi fly there. It would have been cool, and made me take him a little more seriously in this tournament (even with the flying restrictions), but I guess it's not to be.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbit posted:

I legitimately thought they were going to have Roshi fly there. It would have been cool, and made me take him a little more seriously in this tournament (even with the flying restrictions), but I guess it's not to be.

Master Roshi can fly, he does it all the time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1JnnxXKTg&t=72s

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Resurrected for not even 10 minutes and the first thing Freeza does is kill a dog.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Is it me, or did Frieza become even gayer?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Where is my updated opening!?!?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhjamiz posted:

Is it me, or did Frieza become even gayer?

Do not question the hate boner Freezer and Goku have for one another

It is a love as pure as the virgin snow

A love born of hate

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, that was a weird bit I felt. Was Roshi seen in the Uub time jump in the last chapter? I know nothing is stopping him from dying here and being resurrected later, but is there a chance he might not be?

Edit: He's there in the time jump. Guess it was just a bit of character development.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 11, 2017

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

TheHan posted:

Resurrected for not even 10 minutes and the first thing Freeza does is kill a dog.
The best part is he wasn't even aiming at the dog

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was very clearly both.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieza owns

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Frieza's going to stay alive and be the next Vegeta, isn't he?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crabtree posted:

Nah even a Vegeta wasn't this big a dick to main characters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Of the 10 fighters going into this, Freeza has either almost killed or straight up killed half of them. Technically, over half, since he is the 10th member of this squad. He has killed or nearly killed 5 out of 9 of his team mates. Even just counting straight kills, he's personally murked three of the team.

And unlike Vegeta, he is utterly unrepentant and without any chill. Freeza is a monster who is impossible to trust and impossible to count on being anything other than what he is. He is also out right implied to be even more monstrous and unrepentant than his own father, Cell, and virtually every other villain that was killed on Earth, by dent of still being stuck in his Hell Cocoon.

I love every minute of this.

I really hope Freezer gets the Super Dragon Ball wish and just fucks everything sideways.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah even a Vegeta wasn't this big a dick to main characters.

I dunno, does helping Cell become perfect and Buu getting revived count as being a dick?

Burkion posted:

And unlike Vegeta, he is utterly unrepentant and without any chill. Freeza is a monster who is impossible to trust and impossible to count on being anything other than what he is. He is also out right implied to be even more monstrous and unrepentant than his own father, Cell, and virtually every other villain that was killed on Earth, by dent of still being stuck in his Hell Cocoon.

I really hope Freezer gets the Super Dragon Ball wish and just fucks everything sideways.

To be fair, Vegeta was pretty much unrepentant and without chill until about halfway though the Buu arc.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 11, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vegeta had at least moved to the point of "is supporting his adopted home, if only because he enjoys fighting and pounding Bulma" after Namek.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Nessus posted:

Vegeta had at least moved to the point of "is supporting his adopted home, if only because he enjoys fighting and pounding Bulma" after Namek.

So you're saying we just need to get Frieza laid?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

episodes like this really make me appreciate that the people working on super remember how funny dragonball can be

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Burkion posted:

Of the 10 fighters going into this, Freeza has either almost killed or straight up killed half of them. Technically, over half, since he is the 10th member of this squad. He has killed or nearly killed 5 out of 9 of his team mates. Even just counting straight kills, he's personally murked three of the team.

Technically he has straight up killed five of them since he blew up the planet (Tien, Roshi, and Gohan were in the bubble with Goku and I don't think he killed them before that).

That transformation today was hype as hell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man I forgot about that.

Yeah he's just, the worst person. He has killed five out of four of his team mates and, if he gets his way, he'll kill the rest sooner or later.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhonne posted:

only after his half-human son returns from the future to warn everyone about Resurrection C

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Burkion posted:

Man I forgot about that.

Yeah he's just, the worst person. He has killed five out of four of his team mates and, if he gets his way, he'll kill the rest sooner or later.

yeah it's really cool

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

only after his half-human son returns from the future to warn everyone about Resurrection C

looking forward to Resurrection Carrot

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so are we gonna see marron beat the poo poo out of some poachers?

i'm glad marron is around to protect the animals

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Burkion posted:

Man I forgot about that.

It's going to be so great when he inevitably eats poo poo in the tournament.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I liked RoF and the four different versions of it well enough, but this is legit the most interested I've been in Frieza in years.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://i.gyazo.com/36e5bc82bad301710cf36933f18999fb.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/94c2d8161a35eedc43e856b6460efc0c.mp4

Best episode in a while

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rhonne posted:

Frieza has no :dong: and unlike Piccolo is probably not OK with that.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I can only hope.

Edit: Actually, let him take over the universe and depose the King. That way Jaco has to work for Frieza instead :v:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Ekusukariba posted:

The best part is he wasn't even aiming at the dog

I didn't even catch that he also tried to gank Goku. I can't even begin to miss Buu at this point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he shot exactly where he meant to

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bowmore posted:

he shot exactly where he meant to

yeah, if he wanted to merc Goku he would have actually shot at him instead of grazing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza has become infected with something deeply, darkly dangerous

And that's an intense unclear-power matched rivalry at the most hating and hot blooded of tiers

Him not killing Goku was the first symptom of infection and it's going to go terminal

• Locked thread