Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
The hero we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Instead of bullshit like young Kurt Russell, young Jeff Bridges, and Grandma Tarkin, the Hollywood computer nerds should be restoring the MPAA cuts to Jason 2 and 7.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Here's some fun stuff from tonight.

First one stars me as Jason.
https://clips.twitch.tv/KindAnnoyingCookieBCWarrior

Second one stars my buddy as Kenny.
https://clips.twitch.tv/OnerousBoringCrocodileCharlietheUnicorn

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

This is the result of finding a gay-baby teamkiller player as Jason, informing other counselors, and forming a temporary truce to chase him up the packanack lodge stairs and into the bathroom.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Alteisen posted:

In silent lobbies you use stalk creatively and play silly music, wrestler themes work like Edge or Chris Jericho, something that also ALWAYS elicits a reaction are horror themes from the wrong movies like Halloween or Freddy's theme.

How do you go about playing music over your mic feed? I played a few games yesterday, and someone (to very good effect I might add) played Waltzing Mathilda as Jason, apparently by just having their phone play it on full blast next to their microphone. All I've got is a headset :v:

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Dinictus posted:

How do you go about playing music over your mic feed? I played a few games yesterday, and someone (to very good effect I might add) played Waltzing Mathilda as Jason, apparently by just having their phone play it on full blast next to their microphone. All I've got is a headset :v:

Well the best way is Virtual Audio Cable.
have whatever music player play the music to Line1(the virtual audio cable) then have your default recording device as line 1 as well.
If you need to hear it to check the levels, in recording devices check "listen to this device" when you double click on line 1.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Instead of bullshit like young Kurt Russell, young Jeff Bridges, and Grandma Tarkin, the Hollywood computer nerds should be restoring the MPAA cuts to Jason 2 and 7.

2 owns either way, maybe my favorite in the series. I would love to see that version. 7 would be better but imo it still would be one of my least favorite entries in the series. It disappointed me that Tommy wasn't part of the story after 4,5, and 6.

How many people here have found Pam tapes? I've put a decent amount of time into this game and haven't found one. I wonder if they even spawn every time.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I have 31 hours played and I've only found one so far.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
Just had a game where I was playing Jason. I was with an AJ in a cabin and the dude jumped out of the window, as he did so he said "Is that my boy Tommy?!" I shifted out through a destroyed door and grabbed AJ, at which point Tommy promptly shot me, killing AJ. Cue the animation of me pulling a knife out of my neck. I was loving dying.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If there was a kickstarter to restore 7 I would be on that like Jason on pre-marital sex.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I know it sounds really strange given that the movie involves a zombie psychopathic killer; but I did not like the whole telekinesis poo poo with Tina. That's the only reason I'm not a huge fan of 7. 4, 5, and 6 are my favorites with 6 being the top of the list.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Double (and drunk) post but I don't give a gently caress. This game is really, really fun despite all its flaws.

The fact that people will immediately try to bargain with Jason is a bonus.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

chads job is basically to gently caress over your teammates right

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

where the red fern gropes posted:

chads job is basically to gently caress over your teammates right

Emphatic yes.

Not teamkill. But weasely poo poo like leaving in the boat alone with car keys and the fuse in your pocket.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Your connection has been lost

You have lost connection to the host

:sigh:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just spent almost the entire round (after fixing the phone in the first few minutes) hiding under a bed while everyone ran around and distracted Jason. As soon as the cops came, I ran for it. Never even had to fire my flare gun.

Meanwhile, the final Chad squared up against Jason and ran after knocking him down twice and breaking his baseball bat. Jason only got 3/8 and lost a fight to Chad in front of all the cops.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Had one of those nights where I kept spawning in the cabin with or near the phone box and I'm searching everywhere around but in like 5 different games I never once found the fuse. Frustrating.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 11, 2017

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

Had one of those nights where I kept spawning in the cabin with or near the phone box and I'm searching everywhere around but in like 5 different games I never once found the fuse. Frustrating.

Someone else probably grabbed it and died.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Welp, I finally completed a game, and it was probably my best and one that will go down as one of my favorites.

I got selected as Jason, because I have Savini Jason picked and that apparently makes me some kind of celebrity. So, I start by teleporting around and cut the power. Then, I go to set my traps at the cars, and as I teleport to the one by the big cabin, I see a dude run out and then run back in. I did this to him: http://xboxclips.com/Hockles10/00f6bd53-9434-4a8d-9b0b-e1e7f511f16f which I haven't seen yet.

Just after that, I search the big cabin and see that one of the girls is hiding on top of the cabinet or something where I'm not able to get to. However, I am able to reach them with my pitchfork, and I hit her, and knock her off the thing, then she bolts.

Then later, I get word from Mommy that some people are snooping around her business. So, I teleport to my shack and lo and behold there are 3 people in there hanging out. AJ, Buggsy, and Tommy. AJ has the sweater on. So, after them stunning me once, shotgunning me, then stunning me with the sweater, and wailing on me with weapons as I'm stunned, I manage to grab Tommy and crush his head. This thwarts their plan of trying to kill me, and the rest of them scatter. I split up and start picking people off one by one, with a final kill where I activated Stalk during my Shift and snuck up Buggsy and take him out to win the game.

:murder:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
-10 points for not saying "stick around"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

-10 points for not saying "stick around"

I always play as Silent Jason, and for whatever reason, my mic wasn't working in the lobby or after the game.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Basebf555 posted:

Once I spawned in a house with the phone and the fuse. That was a fun one.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Basebf555 posted:

this is the primary reason why i run like a madman in the first few minutes of the game. probabilistically, i know that if i spawn near an objective, the parts i need are going to be nearby. i need to ransack all cabins nearby BEFORE some mute idiot finds it, runs around like a moron, and dies.

speaking of mute idiots, apparently it really stings when you say around them 'i have met 80 year old grandmothers from liberia who can get and use a mic just fine, you have no excuse beyond a crippling fear of people, you shut-in.'

i incited two pubbies to teamkilling rages with that line yesterday night

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 11, 2017

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I had a weird thing last night on PS4, I had one counselor left and they weren't even playing but their model went completely invisible, couldn't find them at all even when I was standing right beside them. A friend who was already dead told me I was near them (they were just standing in the road)... I basically walked around grabbing at thin air til I got the invisible counselor who then turned into a crazy stretched texture and then snapped like a rubber band back into their normal model. I saved the video, I'll see if I can upload it, it was really weird.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Has anyone got the two seater and jumped the creek like Dukes of Hazzard?

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I got killed while starting boat and noticed on the "YOUR BODY" cam that the start boat engine prompt was still available. It became some Friday the 13th / Maximum Overdrive fan fiction.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

...! posted:

Once I spawned in a house with the phone and the fuse. That was a fun one.

I was Chad and found the fuse, in the house with the phone, and as I'm heading out the window and I'm hoping I don't alert Jason with Chad's shitass repair skills, a Chubs is heading my way and I tell him to fix it, then I go back in to place the call.

Tons of Fun also had a My Dad's a Cop perk.

All told we had the cops at the entrance in under 4:45. Jason didn't stand a chance.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

I was Chad and found the fuse, in the house with the phone, and as I'm heading out the window and I'm hoping I don't alert Jason with Chad's shitass repair skills, a Chubs is heading my way and I tell him to fix it, then I go back in to place the call.

Tons of Fun also had a My Dad's a Cop perk.

All told we had the cops at the entrance in under 4:45. Jason didn't stand a chance.

when playing AJ, I do this about once every 8 games and it invariably ruins the day of whomever's playing jason. even if they check the phones first, AJ is so hard to detect that i'll slide under a bed when i first hear them coming and there's about a 2% chance of them picking up on me and investigating. they'll either get distracted by another noisy gently caress nearby or be content that nobody's there, trap the phone, and pop out. then the cops show up after a 4 minute wait and whoever's playing jason curses at me in the post-game.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

this is the primary reason why i run like a madman in the first few minutes of the game. probabilistically, i know that if i spawn near an objective, the parts i need are going to be nearby. i need to ransack all cabins nearby BEFORE some mute idiot finds it, runs around like a moron, and dies.

speaking of mute idiots, apparently it really stings when you say around them 'i have met 80 year old grandmothers from liberia who can get and use a mic just fine, you have no excuse beyond a crippling fear of people, you shut-in.'

i incited two pubbies to teamkilling rages with that line yesterday night

I stutter, so it's not like I'd be understood if I had a mic plugged in anyway :(

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I stutter, so it's not like I'd be understood if I had a mic plugged in anyway :(

There's a deaf goon that we play with that I can make out maybe about a 5th of what he's saying and he's fine, don't worry about it!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Went against Savini for the first time. That music is horrifying.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

If other people play Jason like I do, then I'd highly suggest to counselors to run away from any objectives they spawn next to. The very first thing I do is morph around killing all the power, trapping the objectives, and hacking down the doors of the phone house (even if they're not barred and no one's inside; I want easy access to kill counselors who try to call the cops later on).

I advise you not to be there when I teleport in. I don't actively seek out counselors to kill at the beginning since they're harder to kill until I've put a lot of fear into them, but I will seize opportunities that suddenly present themselves. You're also less likely to have a pocket knife at that point.

Also, be sure to lock/bar all doors. I've killed a number of counselors who forgot to do so and I just opened the door and walked straight in. My favorite was when I put on stalk, opened the door to Packanack Lodge, and casually strolled upstairs. There were a handful of counselors up there talking about their strategy... and then they noticed me just quietly standing there. Cue a bunch of sudden yelping from the characters AND the players, who then started panicking, running, hiding, desperately throwing themselves through the second floor windows, etc. Those kills were the most satisfying ever. :allears:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

...! posted:

Also, be sure to lock/bar all doors. I've killed a number of counselors who forgot to do so and I just opened the door and walked straight in. My favorite was when I put on stalk, opened the door to Packanack Lodge, and casually strolled upstairs. There were a handful of counselors up there talking about their strategy... and then they noticed me just quietly standing there. Cue a bunch of sudden yelping from the characters AND the players, who then started panicking, running, hiding, desperately throwing themselves through the second floor windows, etc. Those kills were the most satisfying ever. :allears:

I've yet to make effective use of stalk in the handful of times that I've played as Jason. I always hope it'll lead to hilarity like this, but most of the time it's just useful for setting up a shift ambush.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

404notfound posted:

I've yet to make effective use of stalk in the handful of times that I've played as Jason. I always hope it'll lead to hilarity like this, but most of the time it's just useful for setting up a shift ambush.

When it happens it's amazing. One time I was far enough away to see a group of them chatting, so I put on stalk and shifted a little their way and popped up right in the middle of them. A bloodbath ensued. When you can actually surprise people throwing them off kilter you can do great things.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Someone who quit as they died came back as tommy jarvis and I tried to kill them at the end of the round. I pinned them to a tree but then the game just didn't end. I could walk aroudn with tommy jarvis in my hand, but never put him down. Even jason didn't know what the gently caress.

juicy jason supremacy tho

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Someone who quit as they died came back as tommy jarvis and I tried to kill them at the end of the round. I pinned them to a tree but then the game just didn't end. I could walk aroudn with tommy jarvis in my hand, but never put him down. Even jason didn't know what the gently caress.

juicy jason supremacy tho

Go into the water, it fixes that.

Or could you say he's within arms reach of you now.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 12, 2017

...!
Oct 5, 2003

404notfound posted:

Yeah, it works best when you find people who don't seem to know that Jason does understand how doorknobs work or are otherwise playing idiotically.

One counselor protip from my counselor games: if Jason is in or near your cabin and so is another counselor, immediately jump into a hiding space. If Jason kills the other counselor, nine times out of ten he'll assume that the other counselor was alone and will morph away. Too bad for the other counselor!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
One game I popped stalk and hung out on the balcony at Packanack Lodge, just taking in the view. Of course, the counselors all got the idea to head there shortly after and interrupt my me time. Granted they were quite surprised to see me there. I'm a terrible Jason.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Played Jason with goons tonight. I let the first guy I found have a 10 second head start so he wouldn't be killed in the first minute, and I let Tommy get the same so he could get the gas can and make it more fun.

I ended up letting the car with the only 2 survivors go so I could duel Tommy in the background like any good Jason. Came within a foot of stopping them right at the exit, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

chitoryu12 posted:

Played Jason with goons tonight. I let the first guy I found have a 10 second head start so he wouldn't be killed in the first minute, and I let Tommy get the same so he could get the gas can and make it more fun.

I ended up letting the car with the only 2 survivors go so I could duel Tommy in the background like any good Jason. Came within a foot of stopping them right at the exit, too.

we were trying to figure out why you sat there and let Tommy take the gas

Also, RIP LastDancer, you Chad'd too hard

• Locked thread