Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Out of curiosity, I can't really think of an Obama campaign or WH staff who went on to greater or lateral political success. The Chapo House guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

one of the highlights of the election was seeing everyone on twitter relentlessly poo poo on this fuckboy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i can't get over how corbyn somehow looks completely hapless in literally every photo i have seen of him. his face muscle control is almost gove-esque

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

If even a TKO like this can break Hamprince's brain, just imagine what a labour majority could achieve.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bryter posted:

I went to check if free presbyterians had the sabbath as starting at dawn, so they could keep going through the night but, well, should have seen that coming

why do they close the website?? the website doesnt work

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Kurtofan posted:

I guess you reading the website is work on your part, and they can't bear to encourage that. even reading that message is a little bit of work for which you shall be judged o sinner

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Nothing works today but hypocrites, damned in the eyes of the LORD!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Aurubin posted:

Out of curiosity, I can't really think of an Obama campaign or WH staff who went on to greater or lateral political success. The Chapo House guys?

Are you confusing Chapo with the Pod Save America crew?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

is there some kind of constitutional requirement for party leaders to look as schlubby as possible? may is currently negotiating to form a government with the support of an anthropomorphic thumb

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

is there some kind of constitutional requirement for party leaders to look as schlubby as possible? may is currently negotiating to form a government with the support of an anthropomorphic thumb

not currently currently
tomorrow maybe if the winds aint changed but not today lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

a photo-realistic depiction of life in the united kingdom

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

a photo-realistic depiction of life in the united kingdom

who stole mike pences ride?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the orange order :smugdon:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

The DUP are drawn from good thumbfolk stock and the tories are shaped by centuries of inbreeding.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

babypolis posted:

one of the highlights of the election was seeing everyone on twitter relentlessly poo poo on this fuckboy

He hasn't tweeted since the 8th and may as well lock his account at this point.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/873828841688530944

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

So good.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Is it just me or has global capitalism begun visibly collapsing in the past 2-3 years?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Capitalism lurches from crisis to crisis. It's a hundred years since anyone got properly sick of it, though. We'll see what happens in October.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

TomViolence posted:

Capitalism lurches from crisis to crisis. It's a hundred years since anyone got properly sick of it, though. We'll see what happens in October.

Let's make October 2017 like October 1917.

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
Wow those DUP guys are mad. May has no shame.

Here's a quote from idiot and silly name haver Edwin Poots:

"My view on the earth is that it's a young earth. My view is [it was created in] 4000 BC."

Many of them also don't believe in evolution. loving wankers.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Tingfinder posted:

Wow those DUP guys are mad
They're also bent as a nine bob note, and I'm sure most of their demands are going to be along the lines of:

- Clear the RHI debt
- Close down the Nama investigation
- Close down investigations into historical violence that we specifically are implicated in
- Send us more money

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

namesake posted:

Let's make October 2017 like October 1917.

so it'll be november

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Kurtofan posted:

so it'll be november

Let's make calendars confusing again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
loving Julian calendar makes the Russian revolution impossible to understand.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bring out...the armalites

:w00t:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/jkirchick/status/872976772622688256

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Corbyn is making any MP who wants to be on the shadow cabinet publicly endorse the manifesto :getin:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

When other kids ask me who's my dad I tell them Jeremy Corbyn.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

unwantedplatypus posted:

Is it just me or has global capitalism begun visibly collapsing in the past 2-3 years?

Nah, maybe at best but I was having "capitalism is finally collapsing" friends already like 8 years ago. The consensus on capitalism being cool and good in the west though has definitely been imploding.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
purge the blairites jez

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's not going to but none of the new Mps will be blairites and if labour get a majority in the next election that should leave labour with a large number of left wing MPs instead of the mess that was left at 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

babypolis posted:

Sam Kriss visibly regaining hope in the world as the night went on was amazing to behold. Sometimes I can't believe twitter is free.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Him and Matt Christman's reactions were genuinely touching.

edit: I know exactly how they feel too, I've been riding a constant high since the exit poll came in.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
it feels so weird to be bursting w/ happiness at political news

sam's post-election piece was beautiful https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/corbyn-won-because-hope-turned-the-unthinkable-into-reality

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

TomViolence posted:

Him and Matt Christman's reactions were genuinely touching.

edit: I know exactly how they feel too, I've been riding a constant high since the exit poll came in.

i think sam kriss said something like feeling like his brain was made of champagne, and yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

Corbyn is making any MP who wants to be on the shadow cabinet publicly endorse the manifesto :getin:

What's the issue with that? It's barely to the left of Miliband. Dare I say it even attempts a bit of triangulation with the triple lock, free tuition and maintaining benefit cuts.