Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

Looking forward to 2017 Bayley making WhatCulture Wrestling's "Top 10 Pussies" video.

Don't be lewd about my girlfriend Bayley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

In theory, and in big brush strokes, the Bayley as sweet innocent nerd being terrorized by mean bitchy blonde cheerleader Alexa only to eventually triumph when it matters is a great story, and should be a simple way to play off both women's strengths.

Alexa gets to me mean and nasty and eviscerate Bayley on the mic. Bayley makes sad faces, and is sweet and vulnerable. Then in the blowoff match, Bayley destroys Alexa using her superior wrestling skills whilst the bully, (Alexa) begs for mercy which she does not get.

YAY! bully gets comeuppance, Bayley wins important match, (preferably for title or something), and everybody gets over.

The thing is WWE have taken some of the elements of this simple simple story and hosed it up terribly. The 'this is yourlife' which was obviously designed to show Alexa being mean to the poor innocent virgin ended up being badly written and poorly thought out. The 'big' match where Bayley was going to unleash the beast ended up beinga squash and a lame squash at that. All the while never allowing Bayley to connect with the kiods in the crowd, which is one of her great strengths.

So I am still on the side that says that Bayley SHOULD have been an easy peasy slam dunk in terms of overness and merch sales, but that WWE have hosed it up by being bad at what they do.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In brush strokes the size of how wrong everyone was about her, Bayley just can't cut it on the big stage. The worst part of it all was that a decent storyline was wasted and can't be used again for 9 to 14 months.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Cavauro posted:

In brush strokes the size of how wrong everyone was about her, Bayley just can't cut it on the big stage. The worst part of it all was that a decent storyline was wasted and can't be used again for 9 to 14 months.

the real victim here is wwe creative :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Renee Young is no longer on Total Divas https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/873710037218213888

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Boo, no more Dean looking on with a combination of wonder and terror as Daniel Bryan does weird hippy things

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

drat, that's a real loss. The show leaned hard on Renee this season, and she was consistently the best part. I love me some Alexa, but I don't know if she can fill those shoes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

drat, that's a real loss. The show leaned hard on Renee this season, and she was consistently the best part. I love me some Alexa, but I don't know if she can fill those shoes.

This is where DoctorGonzo posts the pictures he has of both their feet to compare.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can't wait to see her last episode, in which Daniel Bryan suddenly storms across the room, looks her right in the eye and says,"Renee, is this show Talking Smack? :toughguy:"

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Nikki Bella why would you do this to us

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Jerusalem posted:

Can't wait to see her last episode, in which Daniel Bryan suddenly storms across the room, looks her right in the eye and says,"Renee, is this show Talking Smack? :toughguy:"

Yeah, because he'd forgotten what Talking Smack looks like after not showing up there for so long!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

In theory, and in big brush strokes, the Bayley as sweet innocent nerd being terrorized by mean bitchy blonde cheerleader Alexa only to eventually triumph when it matters is a great story, and should be a simple way to play off both women's strengths.

Alexa gets to me mean and nasty and eviscerate Bayley on the mic. Bayley makes sad faces, and is sweet and vulnerable. Then in the blowoff match, Bayley destroys Alexa using her superior wrestling skills whilst the bully, (Alexa) begs for mercy which she does not get.

YAY! bully gets comeuppance, Bayley wins important match, (preferably for title or something), and everybody gets over.

The thing is WWE have taken some of the elements of this simple simple story and hosed it up terribly. The 'this is yourlife' which was obviously designed to show Alexa being mean to the poor innocent virgin ended up being badly written and poorly thought out. The 'big' match where Bayley was going to unleash the beast ended up beinga squash and a lame squash at that. All the while never allowing Bayley to connect with the kiods in the crowd, which is one of her great strengths.

So I am still on the side that says that Bayley SHOULD have been an easy peasy slam dunk in terms of overness and merch sales, but that WWE have hosed it up by being bad at what they do.

The biggest issue with "This is your life" continues to be that none of it was denied. It wasn't lies that Alexa made up because she's mean, it's true.

'Bayley hasn't kissed a boy' may actually be a storyline they think is worth doing. Daniel Bryan is a loser vegan virgin was a poo poo storyline, but at least it ended with revealing he was dating Gail Kim, and that most of it was just the Bella's making mean assumptions and being pushy while he tried to be nice. Bayley will get nothing like that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bayley as a relatable dorkus didn't work because all along you wanted it to be secret fantasy fulfillment of, "actually, I'm not that at all!"

Well that isn't how the world works. And it's called world w-something entertainment. you can never change who you truly are. Next time you find a bayley you'd better be up front about writing out her path to success. maybe then Vince will get something out of reading the web Site and doing what everybody wants

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

similarly, the reason Dean ambrose doesn't know how to throw a punch and usually speaks six or seven words All as the same noise out of his mouth is because of a lack of clarity in the vision of the audience

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

"today WWE folded after all of its talent took the advice of one daniel bryan..."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"today WWE folded after all of its talent took the advice of one daniel bryan..."

NXT tapings balloon to a dozen episodes per taping and NXT Takeovers are now all seven hours long to accomodate the sudden influx of people.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
they should do a storyline where bayley's mommy drives to raw to meet with kurt angle w/r/t her daughter being bullied and they both decide it'd be in bayley's best interest if maybe she just got a fresh start on a different show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bayley hits her head and becomes an insane person who attacks random wrestlers with a bo staff backstage.

She also shaves her head and starts wearing ninja clothes. She beats Alexa Bliss in an Emperor's Palace Match. (A match that takes place in China's Forbidden City live and only on the WWE Network for 9.99 per month)

Also, Nia Jax uppercuts referees for no reason.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's almost like Vince has never understood an underdog babyface dynamic and doesn't get why people connected to Bayley in the first place, so she just gets beat up and looked like a loser because that's what Vince would've done as a teen.

He identifies with the bully and doesn't understand normal people.

and then people blame bayley when the same poo poo booking happens to her that happens to everyone the crowd actually connects with

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Give up hope that WWE will ever have a positive message and just loving laugh at the abyss or stare away, problem solved

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love Daniel "What the gently caress are you gonna do, fire me?" Bryan so much :allears:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

and then people blame bayley when the same poo poo booking happens to her that happens to everyone the crowd actually connects with

As an ardent Bayley fans, she has major flaws which are sadly showcased far too often.

But I blame the booking more than the wrestler, another WWE trademark.

Jerusalem posted:

I love Daniel "What the gently caress are you gonna do, fire me?" Bryan so much :allears:

I really wonder who looked at Daniel Bryan and thought "Let's give this man who is obviously heavily frustrated at the WWE and his career a live microphone!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone is trying to heavily imply that Bayley is walking out on the WWE soon and "Pull a CM Punk". I can't see her just walking out after so little time though, even if she's completely frustrated with how things are going on RAW

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Someone is trying to heavily imply that Bayley is walking out on the WWE soon and "Pull a CM Punk". I can't see her just walking out after so little time though, even if she's completely frustrated with how things are going on RAW

Not to mention it's​ a dumb analogy because it wouldn't mean poo poo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

At best we could get some stories about women's treatment in WWE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzu posted:

As an ardent Bayley fans, she has major flaws which are sadly showcased far too often.

But I blame the booking more than the wrestler, another WWE trademark.

I really wonder who looked at Daniel Bryan and thought "Let's give this man who is obviously heavily frustrated at the WWE and his career a live microphone!"

I mean....people watch Talking Smack.

Which is on the WWE Network.

You're paying WWE to listen to Bryan take shots at them. They kinda win that one. :v:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

At best we could get some stories about women's treatment in WWE

True. I mean don't get me wrong, I like Bayley​ and it's sad WWE ruined her but she's not Punk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Maybe she's going to get really into MMA and writing comics.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bayley should leave for a couple of years to try and get kissed on the indies.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

Maybe she's going to get really into MMA and writing comics.

A rear naked choke is a type of hug.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Wazzu posted:

'Bayley hasn't kissed a boy' may actually be a storyline they think is worth doing.

Yes WWE, tell us how the woman with the huge butt and visible abs never attracted a guy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Blaise330 posted:

Yes WWE, tell us how the woman with the huge butt and visible abs never attracted a guy.

This is a company that told us that both Molly Holly and Mickie James were fat and therefore hideous and therefore unfuckable, and therefore worth less as human beings.

So yes, given that Bayley isn't blonde, nor has had enhancement surgery, I can happily say that they think that nobody would ever have been attracted to her.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a company that told us that both Molly Holly and Mickie James were fat and therefore hideous and therefore unfuckable, and therefore worth less as human beings.

In fairness, Mickie James was heels bullying her, so we were supposed to think that was bullshit. No excuses for babyface Trish bodyshaming Molly, though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

This is where DoctorGonzo posts the pictures he has of both their feet to compare.

im a tits guy, you degenerate

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Uhhh please, if you follow WWE canon, you know that Renee Young is famous for running around backstage barefoot, and therefore there are no shoes for Alexa Bliss to fill

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

I really wish she'd go "I'm married, moron." at this point.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there only to realize it is a predatory and uncaring meat grinder run like it's the mob and your don is a senile steroid-retarded muscleman fetishist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there and then you see this

amazeing

• Locked thread