Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku dodged his head out of the way, guys, Frieza was aiming at them both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Do one with sound of Freeza's transformation.

Also Goku was reenacting his fight with his Grandpa while waiting for Freeza.

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 11, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't have a video editor and gyazo doesn't do sound

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kild posted:

I never watched dragonball (shut up) but I love when people point out touches like this constantly showing up in super :3:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Having watched OG DB recently, it still holds up, so you should watch it.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Black August posted:

Freiza has become infected with something deeply, darkly dangerous

And that's an intense unclear-power matched rivalry at the most hating and hot blooded of tiers

Him not killing Goku was the first symptom of infection and it's going to go terminal

Ah yes, they are clearly in :s: with each other.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Frieza's going to stay alive and be the next Vegeta, isn't he?

I'm really starting to think so. You saw hints of it in RoF, and perhaps it is just spending some time with the cast that isn't outright trying to murder them, but Frieza seems to be developing a very Vegetaish fight boner for Goku.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Lupus Rufus posted:

No.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Also, I feel bad for Sidra. Between Quintela lying to him about U7 going after U9 first, and his Supreme Kai being such a bloodthirsty jerk that he just snapped right up at the bait when Sidra brought it up to him... he's gotta be the most disgruntled god of destruction

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lupus Rufus posted:

no no no no NO NO NO NO

YOU DON'T GET THE BRING THAT poo poo INTO THEIR DEAL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aurora posted:

Having watched OG DB recently, it still holds up, so you should watch it.

It's less about it being good and more about having time to watch a 153 episode series. My youtube "watch later" playlist has like 120 videos right now ffs.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This episode ruled. Loved the bits with Vegeta furiously defending Freeza to Trunks, Master Roshi forgetting he couldn't fly, 17 going "I'm 17", 17 and Piccolo meeting again, Freeza's transformation and being a dick in general, and of course

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Black August posted:

no no no no NO NO NO NO

YOU DON'T GET THE BRING THAT poo poo INTO THEIR DEAL

you mean the human disease called friendship?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kild posted:

Do one with sound of Freeza's transformation.

I found this and it's even better

https://my.mixtape.moe/sgvujr.webm

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

StrifeHira posted:

this is perfect in every way, i was thinking frieza summoned some of that magical girl charm tonight.

Caros
May 14, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

I feel like there needs to be a version of this with like... the gohan ssj2 music.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Caros posted:

I feel like there needs to be a version of this with like... the gohan ssj2 music.

Someone suggested Kars theme too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htDB8SuLrng

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

StrifeHira posted:

Between this and the Sailor Moon transformation, the last few episodes have been awesome.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Lupus Rufus posted:

You are a terrible person.

Please don't ever change. :allears:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The 18/17/Krillin scene was absolutely hilarious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

Frieza has no :dong: and unlike Piccolo is probably not OK with that.

Not true! Frieza uses his final form for power, but his second form is reserved for the ladies :grin:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Also yeah why was Freeza transforming to blow up some mooks way cooler and better animated than him transforming in the plot arc devoted to him?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Lupus Rufus posted:

Also, I feel bad for Sidra. Between Quintela lying to him about U7 going after U9 first, and his Supreme Kai being such a bloodthirsty jerk that he just snapped right up at the bait when Sidra brought it up to him... he's gotta be the most disgruntled god of destruction

Universe 9 is not going to have enough fighters for their team after Frieza murders all these assassins.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kanos posted:

Also yeah why was Freeza transforming to blow up some mooks way cooler and better animated than him transforming in the plot arc devoted to him?

I think it's supposed to signify what a terrible mistake it is to let a monster like Freeza back into the world. Goku has done a whole lot of questionable things recently, but promising to ressurect a guy who is literally called the Emperor of Evil is definitely the worst.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kanos posted:

they did a movie about that where as this is all new and it's a significant thing

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

Sidra seems like an okay guy who happens to be an easy mark for stronger personality's, and then his kai partner is Roh and his angel is only interested in practicing slightly smug disinterested expressions.

Universe 9 never really had a chance I think.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

This is everything I ever wanted.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was a good episode. really puts a rest to any worries about freeza being brought back imo

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Caidin posted:

Sidra seems like an okay guy who happens to be an easy mark for stronger personality's, and then his kai partner is Roh and his angel is only interested in practicing slightly smug disinterested expressions.

Nah, Sidra's pretty poo poo.

He erased a city full of innocent victims because their victomizers were on a rampage. Even Beerus hasn't done anything that bad. (Sure, he's killed entire worlds of innocent people, but he didn't erase them).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Caidin posted:

The joke is that Sidra has the personality of a Kai and Roh has the personality of a God of Destruction. That swap is probably the primary reason why U9 is the shittiest universe; at least in second-shittiest U7 Beerus has the proper attitude/approach of a GoD even if he's a lazy dick, and Shin tries to do his job even if he's hopelessly awful at it.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So is Mr. Buu/Fat Buu's default strength the same as when Babidi first released him? Some people tell me that once the evil Buu side of him left he took the bulk of the power with him, but others say Mr. Buu is still as strong as he was, only that the evil Buu was a lot stronger than that wad of chewing gum.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think anything in the manga or anime ever say whether mr buu is stronger or weaker, so the answer is whatever you want it to be

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

So is Mr. Buu/Fat Buu's default strength the same as when Babidi first released him? Some people tell me that once the evil Buu side of him left he took the bulk of the power with him, but others say Mr. Buu is still as strong as he was, only that the evil Buu was a lot stronger than that wad of chewing gum.

He is actually stronger than he was when Babidi released him, Goku said as much when he fought him as "skinny buu".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mr. Buu went toe to toe with Kid Buu and fared better than literally anyone else one on one. Maybe Dead Goku could have beaten Kid Buu one on one, but alive Goku got his poo poo wrecked because he has a stupid power up.

So I don't think Mr. Buu is all that much weaker than when he came out of the egg. And he can train to become stronger, as we saw. Plus, the thing with Buu was never his power, until we got to the Super Buus and poo poo, it was the fact that you couldn't kill the bastard.

Teen Gohan as a SSJ2 could beat the poo poo out of Buu just like Majin Vegeta did, it's just making the whole 'be dead' thing stick.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My interpretation was always that fat buu had the potential to be as strong as post-revival but because he was now more focused on not also blowing up mr.satan and his new puppy pal he probably wouldn't be as strong in practice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sidra's a moron and he's going to be erased before his team even get to scrap.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Maron/Marron joke was the best part of the episode. So good.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
As far as I see it, Mr. Buu is about as strong as Fat Buu showed himself to be. The real depths of his strength, Super Buu, in other words, were limited by Day Kaioshin, but were still in him. That's what Evil Buu was. Super Buu - Fat Buu. Super Buu is Buu at full strength, which Mr. Buu no longer has access to (though he's apparently gotten stronger through training).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"How old are you" "I'm 17"

...did I start a Nichijou episode by mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The Maron/Marron joke was the best part of the episode. So good.

really makes you wonder how krillin convinced 18 to use that name in the first place

• Locked thread