Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Me when my teammate throws a smoke instead of a frag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Every game I probably have about 200 rounds of ammunition on me by the end and every game I probably fire at most a dozen shots. I need/want to get into more dumping firefights but maybe that just doesn't happen in solo.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

It is a universal law in this game that the one time where you only find one mag's worth of ammunition you will immediately expend all of it, and when you have 200+ you'll get killed by someone you never saw without firing a single shot.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I don't think I've ever seen a "JUST KILL ME ALREADY" moment in this game but I have no other way of describing this: https://streamable.com/xblrc

We had been playing cat and mouse all through the city, tracking each other through alleys and listening through buildings. Nobody fired a shot as we were both making our way towards the circle and waiting for the other person to make the first mistake. I realized that I could get ahead of him and wait outside of the walls so that's what I did. When he emerged he...just started dumping into the air I guess in frustration? Man I have no idea but he seemed shook.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yodzilla posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a "JUST KILL ME ALREADY" moment in this game but I have no other way of describing this: https://streamable.com/xblrc

We had been playing cat and mouse all through the city, tracking each other through alleys and listening through buildings. Nobody fired a shot as we were both making our way towards the circle and waiting for the other person to make the first mistake. I realized that I could get ahead of him and wait outside of the walls so that's what I did. When he emerged he...just started dumping into the air I guess in frustration? Man I have no idea but he seemed shook.

He missed a great opportunity to hit push-to-talk and just start doing his best Arnold impression.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Welp, finally broke down and bought this game. How do I play with goons?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Flaggy posted:

Welp, finally broke down and bought this game. How do I play with goons?

Discord link is in the OP.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Party Plane Jones posted:

Discord link is in the OP.

I believe that it's expired

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ThePeavstenator posted:

https://discord.gg/Kh3ma9q then.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ThePeavstenator posted:

The one in the OP is a permanent link. I just tested it, should be working fine.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
I found a weird/neat clipping thing at one of the houses in my last game that lets you get from a roof to a ledge that is protected by its own crescent shaped roof. You can basically see 180 around you with no risk of getting shot. I'll try to recreate it and get some screens and/or a video tonight unless someone wants to come find it again with me. I noted the map co-ords so it shouldn't take too long to find.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
What are they?

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

I don't have them in front of me (at work) but it was either D3-K1 or D5-K4. I can recognise the building in game no problem though.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tempting as a new avatar

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Good soup! posted:

Tempting as a new avatar

You're no arfjason

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Rex-Goliath posted:

You're no arfjason

Please do not sass my brother

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Finally a solo win thanks to a silenced UMP9. Last circles were in my advantage and the final one forced the guy into the open since it just cut him off from his tree. Mostly luck on my part, but its nice to have a win.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh gently caress yes. Dropped on military and were somehow alone. Loot the whole goddamn place when a jeep with 3 guys pulls up and we murder them all. Nobody else shows up and oh look the circle is on the island. Move into the trees and try to stick near the middle of the circle, popping guys as they come up. A couple of badass overwatch revives later and

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just going to leave this here...

https://youtu.be/Hu-jDPctDn0

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Got my first solo chicken dinner after a bunch of no. 3/2's where I messed up at the end. When I won I was behind the guy as he lay down behind a tree, but I couldn't work out if his head was a helmet or rock. Spent 30 seconds deciding then shot it, feels good :c00l:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just going to leave this here...

https://youtu.be/Hu-jDPctDn0

Feature request - tameable bears that will ride sidecar. You should have to harvest the right berries to keep the bear onside.

mashed fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 10, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
instead of smoke grenades there are bear grenades which summon a distracting bear that holds grass in the way of scopes

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Found it! If you skip forward to about 2:45, that's the beginning of us reaching the bugged house. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blVq0t-0flY

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Static! posted:

Found it! If you skip forward to about 2:45, that's the beginning of us reaching the bugged house. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blVq0t-0flY

I saw a guy do this in Pochinki once. It was pretty clever and I had no idea he was there until he started shooting. Unfortunately, he was in such a rush to get there that he didn't get a helmet, so I shot him in the face once with an AK and that was the end of that.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
What are the chances of being able to run this below minimum requirements?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

tomanton posted:

What are the chances of being able to run this below minimum requirements?

You'll probably be able to get it to run but it won't run well. I barely meet the minimum specs and it runs just alright with everything set to minimum and several gpu hacks to get it as optimized as possible

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This happened in the first 2 minutes of a 16-hour Extra Life stream today. I peaked early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvnwNdnQn78

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I have such a love hate relationship with this game. Getting two kills in less than a minute, and then being taken out a few second later by someone with a shotgun when you have 1/3 of your health left sucks.

Also, I can't win in a rush to get weapons. My drag and drop just fails and I end up spending way too much time trying to get the gun to stick in the slot, and the ammo to come across as well. I guess my connection is just crap at the beginning of the game or something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does the 1,400 crate offer a better change at rare stuff over the 700 one?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

True. I just throw them towards gunfire in the final circles and hope it pulls attention away from me.

What color is the boathouse at hereford?!
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-07-2015/fF3P4e.mp4

Shout out t this post for a greatly underrated movie

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Hamelekim posted:

I have such a love hate relationship with this game. Getting two kills in less than a minute, and then being taken out a few second later by someone with a shotgun when you have 1/3 of your health left sucks.

Also, I can't win in a rush to get weapons. My drag and drop just fails and I end up spending way too much time trying to get the gun to stick in the slot, and the ammo to come across as well. I guess my connection is just crap at the beginning of the game or something.

Right clicking weapons and armor equips them, than right clicking everything else puts them in your inventory.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

mrking posted:

Right clicking weapons and armor equips them, than right clicking everything else puts them in your inventory.

Yeah, it's just that dragging is supposed to be faster. So those extra milliseconds at the start can mean the difference between living or dying. Of course when you lag it doesn't seem to matter either way.

I've died several times tonight behind walls after someone stopped shooting me....

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Be the guy who superman punches the dude picking up the gun.

Or just start running towards a different loot spot if you know your lovely connection prevents you from winning a looting contest.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Or just start running towards a different loot spot if you know your lovely connection prevents you from winning a looting contest.

Yeah, that's basically what I do, run to other places where there aren't a lot of people. I almost always lose punching battles.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Inzombiac posted:

Does the 1,400 crate offer a better change at rare stuff over the 700 one?

nope it's just a mechanism to slow down drop rate.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So many times they duck my punch while picking up the gun/ammo/items :(

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

My team died early in a Pochinki war zone. They wanted me to finish quickly, but I still wanted kills. Spite kills are sometimes the best kills.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151003471

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Badfinger posted:

nope it's just a mechanism to slow down drop rate.

It doesn't really matter at this point, but I'm sure in the future there will be better stuff to unlock.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

I like the cut of your gib

• Locked thread