Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/873567635291504642

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
smashmatt (did not) eat the book

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but that's typical behavior from a murdoch-owned news organization: saying someone who promised to eat the book ate the book, but when you look at the video he only chewed up a couple of pages.

that's not eating the book, smashmatt. gently caress you, go back and do it right.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ThndrShk2k posted:

The hypothetical Bernie even if he didn't improve his campaign would still have won because Hillary basically hosed hers over real hard

I mean unless you assume Bernie would've made all the mistakes Clinton did.
Then that's a larger assumption than Bernie not improving his campaign (which he did constantly over the course of the campaign)

this also ignores that if Bernie had somehow won the primary all the campaign people locked or blocked by Hillary become free agents

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Can you OD on democracy?

I'm asking for a "friend"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sucks that racism is growing at such a fast pace.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

agreed, let's all stop posting about things we don't like in this thread and let it finally die
What if I like quoting you?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/749722723060899840

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

etalian posted:

It helps to have a honest message. not the wonk fever dream poo poo which was the Hillary platform.
People want to vote for someone that they believe will actually help them instead of just saying dubious platitudes to make them seem hip and cool?

Naaahhhhhhh

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

i guess the question is not so much what it is, but why it is
I live in Maine, haven't seen one, but I'd try one.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What are their account names so they can be put on probation for primary salt?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

agreed mr sandy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crooked Hillary had a 6% lower 18-34 vote share than Obama, meanwhile in the UK

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/873109066058354688

etalian has issued a correction as of 11:59 on Jun 11, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

but that's typical behavior from a murdoch-owned news organization: saying someone who promised to eat the book ate the book, but when you look at the video he only chewed up a couple of pages.

that's not eating the book, smashmatt. gently caress you, go back and do it right.

be more like sam wang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWm59DNFKtA

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

over half of america likes bernie, and less than a third of america hates him! good job bernie!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's really interesting how many people express the same kind of fanatical loyalty to the Democratic party that they will to brands or celebrities. The Democratic Party is not your friend.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

wait did obama and clinton die

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yikes guys

On the one hand Stephen Lynch kind of sucks

On the other hand though uh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

over half of america likes bernie, and less than a third of america hates him! good job bernie!

lol

http://www.hillarybeattrump.org/home/2017/4/28/after-first-100-days-president-clintons-approval-rating-soars-to-91-percent

quote:

As President Hillary Rodham Clinton completes the first 100 days of her young if eventful presidency, on Wednesday, Gallup released new poll showing that 91 percent of Americans saying they "strongly approve" of her job performance so far.

Other remarkable results: 92 percent of Americans agreed with the statement: "We elected the right person president, THANK GOD!" and 99 percent of respondents strongly agreed with the statement, "Clinton's election is continued proof that American democracy is thriving."

"She's unbelievably popular. We've never seen numbers like this," said Gallup CEO Jim Clifton.

In further evidence of Clinton's popularity, all across America, citizens threw parties to commemorate Clinton's swearing in, with thousands of Americans telling pollsters they have "never been less afraid of nuclear war," according to the New York Times.

For Clinton's White House, Gallup's findings place a joyous exclamation point at the end of an already triumphant chapter characterized by impressive if hard-fought legislative accomplishments.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/873754123966980096

I physically experienced the same sense of dread you get when you realize somebody you know is clearly succumbing to a delusional disorder.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

obama is king of the drones

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/873754123966980096

I physically experienced the same sense of dread you get when you realize somebody you know is clearly succumbing to a delusional disorder.

lmao it's no wonder why Hillfolk love Millepede

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

ThndrShk2k posted:

Can you OD on democracy?

I'm asking for a "friend"

If the US catches you doing too much democracy they send the CIA at you. It's like the war on drugs except with more death squads.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

lmao it's no wonder why Hillfolk love Millepede

lol I like how even in their deepest fantasies they can only envision a quarter of the amount of infrastructure spending trump proposed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol I like how even in their deepest fantasies they can only envision a quarter of the amount of infrastructure spending trump proposed

Their fantasty also includes giving lazy workers $12 a hour wage, $15 was just too much.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
like the minimum commonly bandied about amount just to maintain what's already there and replace the really old stuff that's already crumbling and killing people is about $2 trillion

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nah, they are happy about pulling a fast one by making use of trillion.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Their fantasty also includes giving lazy workers $12 a hour wage, $15 was just too much.

different places have different minimum wage and safety standards, and that's okay

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

like the minimum commonly bandied about amount just to maintain what's already there and replace the really old stuff that's already crumbling and killing people is about $2 trillion

I lolled over weirdos who thought that Trump would actually do meaningful infrastructure spending, not private-public highway robbery deals.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al! posted:

They ascended.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

I lolled over weirdos who thought that Trump would actually do meaningful infrastructure spending, not private-public highway robbery deals.

and that his plan wouldn't basically be build a bunch of new toll roads and let everything else turn into gravel

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

yeah i'd like to see where bernie would have gotten to without revolution messaging building his digital program, or one where tad never existed and it was just jeff weaver telling him what to do

part of the issue with bernie's campaign is that he refused on principle to do any polling until like october of 2015 - by the time he realized where his support was and how to allocate his resources, hillary was already eating his lunch in states like sc and nv. of course tad was telling him to poll the entire time, which he ignored.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Jun 11, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

they hate jill stein for running as an independent, they hate bernie for running as a democrat

im beginning to think they just hate democracy

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terror Sweat posted:

they hate democracy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Terror Sweat posted:

they hate jill stein for running as an independent, they hate bernie for running as a democrat

They sure do love money though

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Terror Sweat posted:

it's her turn :colbert:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Terror Sweat posted:

what clued you into it, that they're actively hostile to anyone challenging the nonsense meme of "money == votes"?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

yeah i'd like to see where bernie would have gotten to without revolution messaging building his digital program, or one where tad never existed and it was just jeff weaver telling him what to do

part of the issue with bernie's campaign is that he refused on principle to do any polling until like october of 2015 - by the time he realized where his support was and how to allocate his resources, hillary was already eating his lunch in states like sc and nv. of course tad was telling him to poll the entire time, which he ignored.

this post definitely isn't a lanyard trying to defend their livelihood, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

I like how after Corbyn increased youth vote by 30 percent in the UK and overcame a 30 point polling deficit the same centrist backstabbers whined about democracy being out of control.

• Locked thread