Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

financially racist posted:

hinch is secretly only in indycar to play pranks on other drivers
The best reason to become a racing driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, it's ok to like TK again:

https://www.facebook.com/indycar/videos/10154557618130848/

He admitted "Yeah, that big was on me."

He's still a wiener though.

thisLambo
Aug 28, 2016

TK apologizes for the incident with Hinch.

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/873771164908257281

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And some driver reactions:
https://twitter.com/AlexanderRossi/status/873772991334813696
https://twitter.com/ConorDaly22/status/873754309984497665
https://twitter.com/Hinchtown/status/873747544869933058

e: the one thing being really overlooked here? Everyone going home safe. Also no cars in the air.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Maybe I'm a dick, but I've always liked TK even for as little as I follow Indy car. :shrug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, I wonder how much next week is on TK's mind, because it can also get a bit crazy over in France.

thisLambo
Aug 28, 2016

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Maybe I'm a dick, but I've always liked TK even for as little as I follow Indy car. :shrug:

TK is a great guy. That clip from the conference shows it. Whereas Chip was quick to blame everyone (I know, defend your driver).

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I hope Scott Dixon gets hit by a train.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Miller Recap from Texas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MihKoQwu6mA

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That was a thriller, but god drat races like that scare the poo poo out of me. It's very uncomfortable to watch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Peanut President posted:

I hope Scott Dixon gets hit by a train.

He has two DNFs and is still in first place.

This is one wild ride and Sonoma is going to be one hell of a race.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

http://imgur.com/a/UqseW

Some pictures I took from last night. Unfortunately, my camera is over 10 years old and sucks at low light shooting. Also, I said screw it and bought a scanner so I could listen to stuff. Listening to the behind the scenes of the NBC broadcast is really entertaining.

Also,

:patriot:

Edit 2: I have some COTA stuff also on my flickr

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 11, 2017

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

CactusWeasle posted:

That was a thriller, but god drat races like that scare the poo poo out of me. It's very uncomfortable to watch

tbh I DVR'd it and watched it later after confirming everything was OK.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SPACE HOMOS posted:

http://imgur.com/a/UqseW

Some pictures I took from last night. Unfortunately, my camera is over 10 years old and sucks at low light shooting. Also, I said screw it and bought a scanner so I could listen to stuff. Listening to the behind the scenes of the NBC broadcast is really entertaining.

Also,

:patriot:

Those are good!

Also, it's all aero damage this weekend right? No tubs gone?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

iospace posted:

Those are good!

Thanks!

I missed the big crash in 3/4 causing I was drinking beer. They had a lot of areas closed off, I wish I could walk around the track to find better places to take pictures.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 11, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I like the idea of this racing if....

...you could get rid of the risk of debris hurting another driver and a windscreen/halo/rollbar/canopy could be installed.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Went to bed at the red flag, I had to be up in two hours to help feed babies. Finally got around to watching the finish, wow that was bonkers.

I bet the owners are questioning running Texas with their pocketbooks right now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

devmd01 posted:

Went to bed at the red flag, I had to be up in two hours to help feed babies. Finally got around to watching the finish, wow that was bonkers.

I bet the owners are questioning running Texas with their pocketbooks right now.

I think if that was the last speedway race of the year, the impact (pun not intended) would likely be lessened because those aerokits wouldn't be used again.

But we still have Pocono

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Will Power got 30 grand for winning this race. That's it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Bentai posted:

No tobacco money + :ussr: style IRL funding will do that....:negative:

Long term the sport is gonna have to fix this. I don't know what you can do in the short term, but Long term? Yeah this needs to be fixed.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bentai posted:

They basically got rid of race purses outside of Indy when they made the leader circle program.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just now watched the race.

Firestone hosed the tire, but the cautions were the right call.

Hinch and TK were apparently in a race to out-dumb each other because holy gently caress those two. The big one was certainly more on TK but Aleshin really should've backed out. I'd argue that Rossi's wreck was Dixon's fault for the same reason.

Sato wrecking just hurts because he didn't need to mow the grass. He had enough room under Dixon to keep on challenging.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alonso just went into the crowd at Montreal after his car conked out.

Dude clearly is acting like an Indy driver.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Maybe I am dumb, but Newgarden's wreck was TMS' marshals not cleaning the track thoroughly. People had gone high a couple times and the temp was dropping, but as soon as he hit the kitty litter he lost control.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Sato misjudged his available space on the front kink, but considering the speeds and the laps remaining, poo poo happens. I feel like Indycar needs to have more testing days at new tracks, especially ovals that get repaved/re-profiled.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Part of me would really like to see that grass level raised a bit. The fact that it is grass should be enough to keep drivers off of it (in theory), but that seemed like a bigger dip from track level -> grass level than there should be.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

As Will Power's sole fan, a good race. Tony drove like a twat, but it was nice that he apologized.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Minto Took posted:

As Will Power's sole fan, a good race. Tony drove like a twat, but it was nice that he apologized.

Excuse me I too worship at the altar of Will 'Double Birds' Power

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't really dislike any of the Indycar drivers aside from Sage Karam, and he only appears sporadically.

Edit: Wait that's a lie. I really dislike Guiterrez.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
Got home late last night from traveling and figured I'd just stay up late and watch it and :stare:

Really glad I decided to DVR the next time slot too.

e: at the thread title, Miller estimates 1.8 mildo, gah http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141378-2017-jun-12-00-04-24

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 12, 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

DCR needs a GoFundMe. :smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I still think that if this happened at Pocono instead of Texas, it wouldn't be as bad. But given we still have Pocono left for the speedway aero, it's a big problem.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Really makes me with Dallara was a publicly traded company because I'd own as many shares as I could afford.

I'm just happy Gabby Chaves wasn't involved in any incidents otherwise that could be the end of Harding Racing for 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Harding Racing dodged a pretty huge bullet Saturday.

I think Pocono will probably be less of a pack race than Texas. Firestone (hopefully) won't have any problems with their tires, since the track has not changed. The different corner types will mean teams likely will not run the same kinds of car setups. So hopefully between setups, tires, and driver skills, we should not have too much (if any) pack racing.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Yeah Pocono has never had pack racing and with the corners the way they are i expect it won't happen again and be like the pre aerokit races where everyone gets spread out at texas/fontana/pocono etc.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

One more thing I forgot: How loving awful was that call by Cindric to bring Newgarden in before the first mandatory yellow?

Not that it had any impact because he still gained some time in the pits relative to the rest of the field by not having to take as much fuel, and what little time he'd lost he made up in the next two laps before deciding he was going to channel his inner Sato.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

IOwnCalculus posted:

One more thing I forgot: How loving awful was that call by Cindric to bring Newgarden in before the first mandatory yellow?

Yeah Cindric kept saying that he was never informed of the "Competition Caution" but it was all over tv and I can guarantee the Race Control would have IM'ed every car about it

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

KingShibby posted:

Yeah Cindric kept saying that he was never informed of the "Competition Caution" but it was all over tv and I can guarantee the Race Control would have IM'ed every car about it

TV confirmed what the IM said, which indicated mandatory tires. Funny how they were the only car to not understand the message.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I really was hoping Cindric could have gotten away with it. "F U Team Penske" and all, but he tried rolling the dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Remember the time Casey Mears was a open wheel driver? Neither does anybody else.

• Locked thread