Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I gained the mighty Dracoshield by defeating Desaix's doppleganger on my playthrough so I had a ton of final tier units to use.

I think my solution was to just use bows and dread fighters. I'm pretty sure Tobin and Python both had Killer Bows.

Also, I almost bought some overclass DLC but then I looked up that you have to get to level 20 in the final class to promote and gently caress that.

Kinda tempted to grab that money DLC though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How's the dlc overall if anyone got any? Are the prologue maps any fun, or the cipher characters good/interesting?

Also wasn't the fourth Mila's bounty (another pitch fork) supposed to be out yesterday?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Oh boy just wait for Act 5.

Turns out I was talking about act 5. Or not? Celica's path to Duma tower and that please don't hurt my friends stuff is what I'm talking about.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Avalerion posted:

How's the dlc overall if anyone got any? Are the prologue maps any fun, or the cipher characters good/interesting?

Also wasn't the fourth Mila's bounty (another pitch fork) supposed to be out yesterday?

the deliverance dlc is cool. not very long but the maps feel like crafted puzzles.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dlc itself is fine, it's just way overpriced and stuff that all should have been in the game by default (maybe not the cipher characters, specifically, but another one or two new characters per route wouldn't have hurt). if you have money to burn and really like the game/see yourself replaying it a lot it's probably fine.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Finally beat the game. Liked it way more than Fates (anime bad) even though the map design and objectives were kinda lacking. But that's Gaiden being Gaiden.

Can't wait for the Jugdral remakes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime is not the reason fates is bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you don't like anime I've got some bad news for you

This game is anime

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Varrack_85 posted:

I'm over 30 hours into this game, all of it spent with Kliff carrying the pair of boots that are part of one of the free DLCs. I kept wondering why his movement range was still so small--just realized that they need to be USED in order to increase MOV :downsgun:

i played and best sacred stones my first time through with every unit holding one of those type of items bc i thought they were passive bonuses

i also promoted eirika at level 10 because i used her so rarely she wasn't close to 20 at the end-game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
thinking about how echoes would have gone if i hadn't realizing using lords was good, and shuddering

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

Any advice for Nuibaba's Abode? I can deal with the desert and swamp all day, but Medusa's rampant bullshit is destroying my will to continue. I only have one Dread Fighter, and the enemy DFs seem impossible to lure out without entering the boss' death zone. I don't have Rescue either, since my Faye's a Pegasus Knight (and a bad one compared to Clair).

I'm probably missing something obvious.

I slowly worked my way around, used long range attackers to pick off a few of the Arcanists from outside, then once I'd gotten everyone to the entry point on the other side of the map I had Silque conjure the ghost gang to initiate against the dread fighters. After they were out of the way the rest was easy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

If you don't like anime I've got some bad news for you

This game is anime

I'd argue this game is more anime than Fates.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Fates is more crappy light novel while Echoes is a shonen anime.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got so pissed off last night. Playing Grieth's Citadel map, everything going swimmingly. I'd basically taken everyone out except the man himself (the Archer and Mage on the left hand side were chilling there still). He was down to practically no health so I had Celica attack him (bad idea...maybe should have used magic). He misses with his first attack, then with his 2nd he scores a Crit on a 2% chance. Ughhhhhhh.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Stuff like this is what the turn wheel is for. :D

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Avalerion posted:

Stuff like this is what the turn wheel is for. :D

You can't use the turnwheel if your lord dies, that's an instant game over.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Can't turnwheel when the Lord bites it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

I got so pissed off last night. Playing Grieth's Citadel map, everything going swimmingly. I'd basically taken everyone out except the man himself (the Archer and Mage on the left hand side were chilling there still). He was down to practically no health so I had Celica attack him (bad idea...maybe should have used magic). He misses with his first attack, then with his 2nd he scores a Crit on a 2% chance. Ughhhhhhh.

2% crits always hit. Always.It's basically guaranteed.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

You can't use the turnwheel if your lord dies, that's an instant game over.

Huh. Glad I learned it this way then I guess, that would suck.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Fates is more crappy light novel while Echoes is a shonen anime.

Echoes is definitely anime, but it feels more old school anime. It's that obscure OVA you pick up from the library or the thrift store that turns out not to suck.

Fates is the lovely generic anime chasing the latest trend (battle school, or isekai, or whatever the hell it is this season) that managed to pick up some buzz before it came out, but repeatedly disappoints once you actually see it.

And Gundam ZZ is not an anime at all.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SyntheticPolygon posted:

2% crits always hit. Always.It's basically guaranteed.
True. it's pretty much Fire Emblem 101.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I think something is wrong with my Conrad because he's just hit six 24 crit chances in a row.

Conversely I think something is wrong with this Bonewalker because this guy just dodged two 95's, and then two more when I turnwheeled that very attack out of spite and it happened again.

I like this game, I felt more invested in it than Fates and Awakening and unlike both of those games I never had a moment where I felt like the game became a chore or looked at a map and just groaned at all the work I had to do. I may be too willing to part with my money but I'd love to play a remake of one of the GBA games I played but with the dumb modern mechanics shoehorned in.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Turnwheeling doesn't reset the rng so if you just repeated the exact same actions in the exact same order, you'll get the same result.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Theta Zero posted:

I like this game, I felt more invested in it than Fates and Awakening and unlike both of those games I never had a moment where I felt like the game became a chore or looked at a map and just groaned at all the work I had to do.

This game is better than Fates and arguably better than Awakening but you can't tell me you didn't groan at Celica's act 3 and 4 maps

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

cheetah7071 posted:

This game is better than Fates and arguably better than Awakening but you can't tell me you didn't groan at Celica's act 3 and 4 maps

The only two maps I didn't like were the Celica one with desert and I think the first Celica map with swampland.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I didn't mind Celica's swamps but the Desert maps were the absolute worst and the cemetery maps were all very boring.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Celica's part of the game was when I really missed the Rescue/Shelter mechanic. Way too many story maps involve taking down a fortress moving 1 tile at a time for the majority of your units.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The swamp movement reduction on its own is acceptable to me, but I really don't like how it basically turns all mages into staffbots. (except for the one you gave a Mage Ring to, and even then)

My Celica's main contribution in the swamp maps is to occasionally heal Boey, who's been healing Mae himself.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would also like any future game to add in the ability to skip start-of-turn healing because late game was a minute of healing from rings and saints aura recovery. And triple that after an Upheavel.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Individual damage animations for the swamps suuuuck.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I hope they bring the Turnwheel back for future FEs but maybe tone it down a little. It's fine for Echoes because Gaiden's design means a whole bunch of not-easily-prepared-for bullshit gets thrown your way, but in a new FE I'm hoping they'll lower the number of uses and/or make it so that you can only rewind to the start of a turn or something. That'd allow you to still rewind disasters while (mostly) preventing you from just blowing five uses on re-rolling one attack until you get a crit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are there any Killer equivalent lances? I got some folks with 10-25 innate crit just begging to abuse it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
turnwheel should be a series staple tbh

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Or just let you in-battle save anytime.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yo, just wanted to post that (post-credit spoilers) the opening changing from kid Alm and Celica running together to the grownup ones walking together (presumably if your last save was from chapter 6) is a really sweet little detail they didn't have to do.

Also, is there anyway to kill Jedah? Because I attacked with Falchion and it did all of jack and poo poo so maybe I'm just bad and hosed something up or had something else equipped and didn't realize?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Last Celebration posted:

Yo, just wanted to post that (post-credit spoilers) the opening changing from kid Alm and Celica running together to the grownup ones walking together (presumably if your last save was from chapter 6) is a really sweet little detail they didn't have to do.

Also, is there anyway to kill Jedah? Because I attacked with Falchion and it did all of jack and poo poo so maybe I'm just bad and hosed something up or had something else equipped and didn't realize?

Every 4th combat instance lets you damage him.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So I have to send three other guys to fight him then pick a god and pray that Double Lion procs a crit on both hits? Man that's dumb.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Last Celebration posted:

So I have to send three other guys to fight him then pick a god and pray that Double Lion procs a crit on both hits? Man that's dumb.

A combination of mages and dread fighters will take care of him just fine in the final battle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you have 18 units, not 4. and the attack of the first three doesn't matter as long as they can survive his counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also did anybody else find Mycen as a complete rear end in a top hat?

• Locked thread