Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derra
Dec 29, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Omega is technically possible but not loving happening.

Trident, Axes, and !Calm means this isn't a particularly difficult Omega kill, though. I trivially 1-shot him (and Shinryu) on my way down with very little extra preparation needed (buy a Trident, put !Calm on some people).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

derra posted:

Trident, Axes, and !Calm means this isn't a particularly difficult Omega kill, though. I trivially 1-shot him (and Shinryu) on my way down with very little extra preparation needed (buy a Trident, put !Calm on some people).

I forgot it had beastmaster for a second there. Still takes an eternity to plink down tho.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mikl posted:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Get those runs in :getin:

(Sorry about the terrible screenshot. I was starting to doze off at this point and almost missed it completely.)

And since the donation incentive for all four tablets had been met:

Overall, as expected: not a difficult run but an annoying one. I didn't bother with catching monsters most of the time, so fights were usually won by outlasting the enemy through !White.

I'm definitely curious to see what the runners will make of this team, since it seems like the fastest strategies are frequently RNG-reliant.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Samuel Clemens posted:

(Sorry about the terrible screenshot. I was starting to doze off at this point and almost missed it completely.)

And since the donation incentive for all four tablets had been met:

Overall, as expected: not a difficult run but an annoying one. I didn't bother with catching monsters most of the time, so fights were usually won by outlasting the enemy through !White.

I'm definitely curious to see what the runners will make of this team, since it seems like the fastest strategies are frequently RNG-reliant.

:hfive: good job!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Regged for my first FJF! Regular run for babby's first, but PureChaos sounds like fun, too. Maybe if I end up doing a second run. I haven't played this game in a very long time, so having the class restrictions sounds like a lot of fun.

Edit: For multiple playthroughs, can you keep a save file right before the Wind Crystal gives us jobs, since that would be the first point of getting jobs and everything up to then would be identical?

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 11, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Fhqwhgads posted:

Regged for my first FJF! Regular run for babby's first, but PureChaos sounds like fun, too. Maybe if I end up doing a second run. I haven't played this game in a very long time, so having the class restrictions sounds like a lot of fun.

Edit: For multiple playthroughs, can you keep a save file right before the Wind Crystal shatters, since that would be the first point of getting jobs and everything up to then would be identical?

No one's going to stop you.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, I have save states pre set after every crystal now. Because gently caress doing wind-water multiple times over with only freelancers,

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Bing

Bang

Boom

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016
a butt and friends finished The Run.

Not as hard as the hype suggested, but not particularly fun.

plot.lost
Aug 21, 2007

Had a steady pace pretty much from go to whoa, I enjoyed it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Congrats to all three of you! :)

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm using a randomizer to do a regular run and it gave me Blue Mage first. How have I never used them before? They're amazing! Now I'll be sad when the real run doesn't give me them first.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Got stuck on Purobolos for a bit, decided to catch D.Chimera for Aqua Rake and then realized I couldn't fire off more than one because !Catch is buried in the Beastmaster job. So I just sort of Jumped and Raised enough times to survive the Self-Destructs, which was faster and I should have done that the first time through! :v:

Into World 2.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Remind me - if you get a Zerker as your first job is it acceptable to use the version of the ROM that unlocks all jobs?

If so where is that bad boy?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sushi Face posted:

Remind me - if you get a Zerker as your first job is it acceptable to use the version of the ROM that unlocks all jobs?

"Acceptable" isn't really relevant. RK doesn't like the mod, but no one's going to bitch about you contributing to charity in a slightly more efficient way.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kyrosiris posted:

Can of Worms is rad as hell and has made multiple FFV Advance patches, including the source of the above gif.
Fiesta State Mod (Kyro's mirror) (no mechanical changes)

This is the mod you want if you want all jobs unlocked from the start, and one... special other feature.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sushi Face posted:

I feel like you should be smiled upon, especially if it's through BERSERKERRISK, for bringing more Zerks into the world earlier. It's not like anybody is clamoring for extra Berserker AP.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Poque posted:

I feel like you should be smiled upon, especially if it's through BERSERKERRISK, for bringing more Zerks into the world earlier. It's not like anybody is clamoring for extra Berserker AP.

I kinda was during The Run. Gaia Hammers are pretty great.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

Got stuck on Purobolos for a bit, decided to catch D.Chimera for Aqua Rake and then realized I couldn't fire off more than one because !Catch is buried in the Beastmaster job. So I just sort of Jumped and Raised enough times to survive the Self-Destructs, which was faster and I should have done that the first time through! :v:

Into World 2.

You can !Control them and have them self destruct on themselves, which doesn't trigger the Arise counter.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

You can also silence them, preventing the Arise counter. That lets you kill two Purobolos with each use of !Control.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm using a randomizer to do a regular run and it gave me Blue Mage first. How have I never used them before? They're amazing! Now I'll be sad when the real run doesn't give me them first.

Blue magic in the various FF games is either amazing or terrible. 5 is one of the former.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mega64 posted:

The post-game donjon was alright. The other one, though...

I disagree. The level design is so immediately worse than the rest of the game. You can tell a few steps in that none of the original team were involved in designing it.

Dwall posted:

a butt and friends finished The Run.

Not as hard as the hype suggested, but not particularly fun.

Hmm, I didn't expect to have to donate over a butt before the fiesta actually started!

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

After some four years always thinking about it but never actually registering...

Was always on the fence with Berserker Risk but :cmon:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

derra posted:

You can !Control them and have them self destruct on themselves, which doesn't trigger the Arise counter.

The couple times I tried it didn't work so I gave up that strategy. Same with Silence; it did stick but when you have 5 other bombs waiting to blow up in your face while you're beating down the sixth..

Just letting them blow up and picking up the pieces afterward was the simplest solution. :shrug:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I released a stone golem and then whittled them down to ~200 hp apiece and then just healed through the self -destructs

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Does fifth job still let you use skills from Galuf's class? Like if you get Chemist for your earth crystal job, then get ninja when you get krile, can you still use chemist skills even though you don't have a chemist?

Also, what was the hidden command last year?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Capsaicin posted:

Does fifth job still let you use skills from Galuf's class? Like if you get Chemist for your earth crystal job, then get ninja when you get krile, can you still use chemist skills even though you don't have a chemist?

Also, what was the hidden command last year?

It does not.

#regeverhate or something along those lines.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I thought it was #blameeverhate

Anyway, the only way you get to use anything from your earth crystal is if you manage to roll freelancer on your fifth job. Which means you can use the passives of your fourth job.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

berenzen posted:

Anyway, the only way you get to use anything from your earth crystal is if you manage to roll freelancer on your fifth job. Which means you can use the passives of your fourth job.

Wouldn't it work with a Freelancer or Mime on any non-Earth slot?

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

berenzen posted:

It was just #blame

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hrmmm, what's the strategy for beating the Byurobolos with this run setup? I'm guessing something the beastmaster can catch? It would have to one-shot them all at once, though, right?

edit: to clarify since god knows what the hell all the versions of this game translated the name as, I'm talking about those six gray bombs you fight at the meteorite.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 13, 2017

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Mikl posted:

Alright, here goes! Third time entering the Fiesta, and hopefully second time finishing. Random run, as last year.

And to make this more fun:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Get those runs in :getin:

Another berserker for the tree.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hrmmm, what's the strategy for beating the Byurobolos with this run setup? I'm guessing something the beastmaster can catch? It would have to one-shot them all at once, though, right?

edit: to clarify since god knows what the hell all the versions of this game translated the name as, I'm talking about those six gray bombs you fight at the meteorite.

Stone Golem, though it'll still leave them with a good chunk of health. You can also use Silence to stop Arise and try to kill them manually rather than tank explosions.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

A few options:

1. Release a Prototype for Megaflare, doing ~1000 damage to every bomb at once. From there on out, it's relatively easy to whittle them down to little HP, letting them harmlessly explode.
2. Control them for Self-Destruct.
3. Silence + Death Sickle
4. Jump at the exact time they act, ensuring that at least one party member will always surive.
5. Hope no more than two bombs explode at the same time and keep reviving the other party members.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

Another berserker for the tree.

Nice :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:toxx: oath has been kept.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/874811886306570240

Get your butts/butt-analogs ready.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
First time participant so I want to confirm: after Saturday we have until end of August to complete FFV as many times we want and donate/pledgetoxx as much as we want?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

jyrque posted:

First time participant so I want to confirm: after Saturday we have until end of August to complete FFV as many times we want and donate/pledgetoxx as much as we want?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Another pre-run run done here.

I'm going to miss not getting a White Mage ever during my actual runs.

• Locked thread